Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
By Dave Altimari
Hartford Courant |
Feb 25, 2020 | 11:49 AM
Hartford Courant investigative reporter Dave Altimari is taking your questions about the Jennifer Dulos case live.
Submit your questions by using the tool below, or just follow along.Your Question
Five Things You Need To Know
Start your day with the stories everyone will be talking about.
Author's Note
Tue, Feb 25 (12:00 pm)
Okay we're going to get started now with some of the questions that we have already gotten. I will keep answering others as they come in and we will add in questions that we have already received. If you asked a question ahead of time your question will be answered here.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (5:45 am)
If Paris has evidence that will completely exonerate Fotis and is able to explain why he was on Albany Ave That night disposing of evidence why don,t they disclose it?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:18 pm)
Norm Pattis has said he can explain the garbage bag dump but he has revealed little of that explanation. He may be holding out hope for his longshot appeal to keep the case alive. Norm may also plan to file additional actions in the case so he could be saving it for then as well.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (9:46 am)
Is it accurate that Fotis’s mother was killed by a former nanny at the Farmington house when she hit her with an automobile? If so , when did that happen?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:19 pm)
That is a true story, but it was at the Avon house where Jennifer and Fotis lived before moving to Farmington., The mother was run over by the previous nanny in 2010. Police ruled it an accident. The car that was recently the subject of discussion in probate court was actually Dulos' mother's; he kept it after she died.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (10:25 am)
Why does the Courant over report about Fotis Dulos? He died.
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:07 pm)
While he is dead, his co-defendants will still go to trial at some point. There's been such intense interest in the story and there are still lots of questions about what happened -- including, obviously, where's Jennifer's body? The murder also is going to be the subject of legislative action this year specifically taking a look at family court.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (11:16 am)
Assuming that Fotis murdered Jennifer, transported her body in the red Toyota and then disposed of her body, why would he have taken the risk of transporting bloody items of evidence (including Jennifer’s clothing) to dispose of them in Hartford? Why not simply dump the bloody clothing with the body?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:25 pm)
This is the biggest disconnect of this whole case. If, as the state police believe, this was a well-thought out murder, the disposal of the evidence on Albany Avenue does not seem well planned. Did he simply not realize that there are video cameras everywhere in Hartford? I do know that several bags of evidence were lost because state police didn't search Albany Avenue area fast enough.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (11:47 am)
How does Attorney Pattis explain the garbage bags being disposed on Albany Avenue in Hartford by Dulos, if he was innocent
Tue, Feb 25 (12:01 pm)
Norm Pattis has claimed all along that he does have an explanation for the garbage bags, but he has yet to reveal it. Dulos referred to that explicitly in his suicide note. Pattis may be waiting to see if his longshot attempt to keep the criminal case going will work before saying anything else.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (12:11 pm)
Is law enforcement actively searching for Jennifer’s body? What aspects of the murder investigation are most active at the present time?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:04 pm)
We haven't heard about any recent searches. I do know that a couple of times they have quietly returned to the West Hartford reservoir based on recommendations from probation officers who were monitoring Dulos' movements. The reservoir area is considered to be a potential grave site area.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (12:35 pm)
Fotis Dulos was -at least on paper- an intelligent man, yet he was accused of hatching a clumsy plot to murder his spouse in which he must have known he would be the prime suspect. Under these circumstances, what do you think was his motive? Was there any ‘logic’ behind the crime?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:15 pm)
It would have been interesting to see what the state would have presented as a motive at trial. Originally they referred to the contentious divorce, but in the murder warrant they referred to possible financial motives i.e. access to the children's trust funds. There is stuff we don;t know such as the contents of the Dr. Herman report, which may have been favorable to Dulos. Police believe this was a well-thought out murder, not a spur of the moment idea, there was too much planning for that.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (2:01 pm)
What do we know about Anne Curry’s involvement with Fotis? The narrative of a long lost “best friend” gifting Fotis $150K in bail money just doesn’t ring true.
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:26 pm)
The story I have been told is that they worked together years ago in New York and that she reached out to him after his first arrest. The exact nature of their relationship is unclear, though she was living at the hosue and he refers to her in his suicide note several times. She clearly was close enough to him to agree to pay as much as $400,000 for his bond.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (6:41 pm)
Hi, I wanted to ask how the killer known Jennifer schedule? She could have go straight to NY after dropping off the kids. So he must know that she will return home.
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:11 pmIf you believe Dulos was the killer, in the scenario outlined by state police he had to have had a pretty good idea of what her schedule was, when she took the kids to school and when she came home for that. The killer clearly knew what their time frame was to get to Jennifer's house, get in a position to get in the garage and follow her into the garage.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (8:19 pm)
Where is his wife?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:10 pm)
That's one of the big questions in this case. There are a lot of theories, state police have chased down lots of possibilities and searched all of his properties. It's the enduring mystery of this case that we may never get an answer to. State police may well believe Troconis or Mawhinney know where her body is.
QuestionWed, Feb 19 (6:28 am)
Many in state government have been critical of State Representative Minnie Gonzalez and her group of family court litigants, who have championed changes to Family Court procedures for years. While many may not like this official or her group's vocal methods, haven't they been saying the same thing for years? That some court monitoring methods are so expensive and some processes too long or entrenched, that they cause bad behavior or bad outcomes? What are proposed changes and have they been made before and when?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:08 pm)
This case is definitely going to put the spotlight on family court before the legislature. There are going to be suggested changes, a state representative from New Canaan area has already submitted a bill. I think they'll be questions on how to resolve high tension divorces quicker, maybe even a movement to have jury trials and cut out a lot of the legal wrangling by lawyers.
QuestionWed, Feb 19 (7:29 pm)
In your latest article "The story of the last time Fotis Dulos saw his children: Chocolate bunnies, a haircut, a new basketball hoop and an outdoor picnic", you seem to normalize the relationship between Fotis Dulos and Jennifer Dulos. There are those (including myself), who would characterize this whole case as one of horrific domestic violence, allegedly ending in the ultimate act of violence - kidnap/murder. Your description in this and other articles of the divorce proceedings read like a he said/she said account. How would you respond to the criticism that in your quest for "fairness", you may have erred on not giving enough attention to the domestic violence aspects of this tragedy?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:47 pm)
I thought the court monitor reports story was important because it first of all included tremendous details of the May 22 visit to the house by Dulos. I also thought it was important because it gave a window into how tedious that whole process is. So here's Dulos sitting there, paying $200 an a hour to a stranger, driving three hours each time to see his kids for a few hours tops. I think it just shows the process and how it worked. I also think many of the other issues you raised are addressed in the body of work we’ve done covering this story.
QuestionThu, Feb 20 (7:01 am)
Is Anna Curry still in Connecticut? Was she really living at 4 Jefferson Xing since September 2019 with Fotis? Can Brad Ragaglia get off with the trespass charge?
AnsweTue, Feb 25 (12:06 pm)
I believe Anna Curry has gone back to North Carolina.. She was staying at the house until the whole thing exploded with the police showing up, the moving van fiasco and the legal wrangling over the property. She could resurface during the probate fight or if there are any lawsuits regarding the revoked bond. The trespass charge Ragalia is facing is a misdemeanor, I believe he has no previous record so in these cases it’s not unusual for the case to be dismissed.
QuestionSun, Feb 23 (7:05 pm)
There were license plates disposed of in a Fed Ex box. Any additional information on the vehicle to which the plates were assigned?
Tue, Feb 25 (12:42 pm)
The license plates belonged to an old vehicle that had been registered to Dulos way back in 2007. I know that they were trying to get better images of the red Toyota truck on the highway to see if they could capture the license plate, but as far as I know they haven't been able to do that.
QuestionMon, Feb 24 (2:52 pm)
How do we know where police have already thoroughly searched? Are there efforts by civilians to organize searches?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:21 pm)
When Jennifer first disappeared there was a lot of publicity about state police searches partly because citizens were posting stuff on social media on where they were. The searches have certainly slowed down, but we certainly don't know everywhere they have searched. Look at the East Granby Gun Club alleged grave site search, no one heard about that until the arrests. There have been no civilian searches that I know of, the family has made it clear that they want the state police to handle the searches.
QuestionMon, Feb 24 (3:48 pm)
How can you answer questions about the Dulos case, when you have ignored the actual experts on the problem and CT's broken and corrupt "family" court system?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:33 pm)
Not sure who you are referring to as the experts here and this case certainly has shone some light on the family court system. I've written several stories about the Dulos divorce case delving into transcripts to highlight the growing frustration Dulos had with the system. The story about the letter he wrote to the judicial selection commission complaining about Judge Heller showed that. Family court will definitely be on the legislative agenda this session.
QuestionMon, Feb 24 (6:45 pm)
Are the authorities continuing to look for Jennifer Dulos' body or Clues related to the case?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:13 pm)
While the police have not publicly been seeking out clues or asking residents for surveillance videos and the like as they did at the beginning it is still an active case. There are not teams of detectives assigned every day to it but there is still a case officer. There is still evidence being processed. I know when Dulos was alive they were closely watching his GPS movements to see if he returned to certain spots in the reservoir area for example. They have done a few searches in that area.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (6:32 am)
Dulos said his lawyer has evidence that he didn’t kill his wife,does he?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:20 pm)
His attorney Norm Pattis was working on a "theory" to present as a defense at trial. Norm is adamant about trying to keep the case going. Until he exhausts all legal avenues he will likely keep his theory to himself.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (10:11 am)
Has an further information been garnered from the man who found the knife since he is no longer a suspect?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:22 pm)
The two Hartford homeless men that police interviewed, and then later I did as well, haven't talked to the state police since the summertime as far as I know. “Fudge,” the last person to allegedly have the knife, told me that he didn't know who he sold it to for $10. Police never found the knife.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (10:39 am)
Did it ever occur to anyone that Fotis Dulos was hoping to be 'rescued' and recovered? If he had started his 'suicide' a bit later, or they had come 'a bit earlier', he may have been saved.
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:43 pm)
Roger isn’t the first person to come up with this theory. It’s pretty risky to hope someone will save you. However, there are questions about that morning that I don’t think have been answered yet.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (11:18 am)
How do you think the courts could have handled the custody case better?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:41 pm)
Family cases bring out varied opinions - I have gotten lots of calls and emails from women who believe Jennifer's case is no different than theirs, in terms of how the court handled it, and also from guys who say they related to the frustration of not seeing their children that Dulos expressed many times. The state's attorney has said the contentious court case was part of the motive for her disappearance.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (11:46 am)
Is there any update in relation to the ax that was found in Fotis's garage the day he was arrested?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:14 pm)
the ax referred to in this question was confiscated by the state police in January when they arrested Fotis Dulos for murder. It was taken from his garage and taken to the state laboratory. I have not heard of any results of testing done on it as of yet. We likely will not for awhile because the state's attorney doesn't have to reveal anymore evidence since the murder trial is now off.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (11:59 am)
As things progressed, did Dulos come to recognize you and know who you and Nick were? How did he act toward you?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:23 pm)
I covered all of Dulos' court appearances and he was well aware of who I was. I talked to him briefly during court breaks many times. The only time he was angry with me was over a story about how he was $4 million in debt that came out during the civil trial. He hated that story, got right up in my face during a break, he later apologized.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:00 pm)
VISITATION: You wrote that The Courant had copies of the supervised visits between FD and the children. You mentioned they dated back to January 2018. Will you be reporting more on the other reports/visits? Or will you be making them public/posting?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:32 pm)
i put a synopsis of the visitation reports in the story to give a flavor of what the reports were like.We decided not to publish them all because no one else has them. I'm not sure if I will be writing more about them. The reports are very detailed and are very similar in style and form as the May 22 on was.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:03 pm)
Was FD's activities on the Thursday evening before all part of the Alibi ?Do you know the names of the people that were at the Dinner Party?Do you have an opinion as to whether KM knows where Jennifer 's body is?Did the State Troopers find any evidence of the purchase of the 2 lime bags in any of the suspects Credit Card Records?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:30 pm)
The dinner party at Jefferson crossing was for a small group of friends including some of his water skiing buddies. All have been interviewed by the state police as to their whereabouts the next day. One of the females at that party is part of Michelle Troconis' alibi for the 24th.
Where has Norm Pattis been?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:35 pm)
Norm was in Texas for week with his other famous client Alex Jones and then he was on vacation. I believe he is preparing for the March 3 hearing, where he plans to fight to keep the case going.
FUDGE: Has there been anymore information on the whereabouts of “Fudge"; who may have the knife found in the trash can with the pillow?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:40 pm)
There were two different homeless men involved in recovering the knife. The first man who found it in the garbage took it and put a bloody pillow back into the trash, he then allegedly sold the knife to “Fudge” for $5 worth of crack. Fudge then sold it for $10 and it has never been seen again. It’s possible they will be witnesses at the trial, especially the first guy who said he found the bloody pillow and put it back.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:04 pm)
TRIAL: Will all of the “discovery” be used to prosecute Michelle and Kent?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:28 pm)
Yes all of the evidence that would have been used to prosecute Dulos will be used in their cases. The state will still have to prove that a murder occurred here and that Jennifer Dulos is actually dead in order to prove conspiracy to commit murder. So all of the events of May 24 will have to come in as evidence at their trials.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:10 pm)
If the case against Fotis Dulos is ultimately dismissed, will the discovery that the state has ever become public?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:31 pm)
If the case is dismissed on March 3, the evidence will not become public because Colangelo will likely argue that it will all be needed to try the other two defendants. Plus, without the recovery of Jennifer’s body, the state police will not officially close the case. It will remain open.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:15 pm)
What'st he status of Mahwinney and Traconis?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:36 pm)
Both of them are in the pre-trial phase of their cases. Dulos had sought a speedy trial so his case was going to go to a jury in the fall if he had survived. Since neither of these defendants are charged with murder, it will likely take longer for their cases, although since Mawhinney is still in jail his case will likely be done first.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:19 pm)
Regarding the matter of where Jennifer’s body might be, are there any options law enforcement may have to get Troconis or Mawhinney to reveal what they may or may not know about the whereabouts of the body?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:44 pm)
The state police have pressed both of them for that answer. Finding Jennifer's body is still the top priority for them. Both of them did give interviews to the state police, multiple times in Troconis' case without any deals in place for doing so.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:22 pm)
What is Pattis' motivation for keeping the trial alive?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:37 pm)
Norm has said that he wants to try this case to exonerate his client’s name. He is fully prepared to put on a defense and was planning to call Dulos as a witness. Now the attempt to keep the criminal case alive is a long shot.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:25 pm)
Are the children being home schooled? Or are they at school o New York?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:38 pm)
The children are going to school, but the family has not disclosed where. They have asked that the children's privacy be respected and we have adhered to that.
QuestonTue, Feb 25 (12:40 pm)
Did they ever find Jennifer's cell phone? What theory gives reason to her blood found in her car and his borrowed truck?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:49 pm)
Jennifer's cellphone has never been found, it is one of the mysteries of this case. They did a specific search for it in Waveny Park with special FBI dogs and have found nothing. The last they know of her phone was it pinged on Lapham Road, where her Suburban was found. State police have said that they believe her body was transported from Welles Lane to Lapham Road in her own vehicle and then transferred to the Toyota truck.
What is the status of the bond money that Ann Curry and the private Investigator paid for his $6 million bond?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:51 pm)
She has lost $147,000 as of now and is on the hook for another $200,000.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:31 pm)
What do you think we will learn from the inventory and Probate? Will we learn who is paying Pattis?
Tue, Feb 25 (12:52 pm)
The probate judge has given the temporary administrator 30 days to provide an inventory, but that may be optimistic because he will need to document every item in 4 Jefferson Crossing, because people are claiming some of the stuff is theirs. A full inventory will probably show what Fotis already knew, that he was running out of money. Several properties are in foreclosure, the homes that aren't are heavily mortgaged.

By Dave Altimari
Hartford Courant |
Hartford Courant investigative reporter Dave Altimari is taking your questions about the Jennifer Dulos case live.
Submit your questions by using the tool below, or just follow along.Your Question
Author's Note
Okay we're going to get started now with some of the questions that we have already gotten. I will keep answering others as they come in and we will add in questions that we have already received. If you asked a question ahead of time your question will be answered here.
If Paris has evidence that will completely exonerate Fotis and is able to explain why he was on Albany Ave That night disposing of evidence why don,t they disclose it?
Answer
Norm Pattis has said he can explain the garbage bag dump but he has revealed little of that explanation. He may be holding out hope for his longshot appeal to keep the case alive. Norm may also plan to file additional actions in the case so he could be saving it for then as well.
Is it accurate that Fotis’s mother was killed by a former nanny at the Farmington house when she hit her with an automobile? If so , when did that happen?
Answer
That is a true story, but it was at the Avon house where Jennifer and Fotis lived before moving to Farmington., The mother was run over by the previous nanny in 2010. Police ruled it an accident. The car that was recently the subject of discussion in probate court was actually Dulos' mother's; he kept it after she died.
Answer
While he is dead, his co-defendants will still go to trial at some point. There's been such intense interest in the story and there are still lots of questions about what happened -- including, obviously, where's Jennifer's body? The murder also is going to be the subject of legislative action this year specifically taking a look at family court.
Assuming that Fotis murdered Jennifer, transported her body in the red Toyota and then disposed of her body, why would he have taken the risk of transporting bloody items of evidence (including Jennifer’s clothing) to dispose of them in Hartford? Why not simply dump the bloody clothing with the body?
Answer
This is the biggest disconnect of this whole case. If, as the state police believe, this was a well-thought out murder, the disposal of the evidence on Albany Avenue does not seem well planned. Did he simply not realize that there are video cameras everywhere in Hartford? I do know that several bags of evidence were lost because state police didn't search Albany Avenue area fast enough.
How does Attorney Pattis explain the garbage bags being disposed on Albany Avenue in Hartford by Dulos, if he was innocent
Norm Pattis has claimed all along that he does have an explanation for the garbage bags, but he has yet to reveal it. Dulos referred to that explicitly in his suicide note. Pattis may be waiting to see if his longshot attempt to keep the criminal case going will work before saying anything else.
Is law enforcement actively searching for Jennifer’s body? What aspects of the murder investigation are most active at the present time?
Answer
We haven't heard about any recent searches. I do know that a couple of times they have quietly returned to the West Hartford reservoir based on recommendations from probation officers who were monitoring Dulos' movements. The reservoir area is considered to be a potential grave site area.
Fotis Dulos was -at least on paper- an intelligent man, yet he was accused of hatching a clumsy plot to murder his spouse in which he must have known he would be the prime suspect. Under these circumstances, what do you think was his motive? Was there any ‘logic’ behind the crime?
Answer
It would have been interesting to see what the state would have presented as a motive at trial. Originally they referred to the contentious divorce, but in the murder warrant they referred to possible financial motives i.e. access to the children's trust funds. There is stuff we don;t know such as the contents of the Dr. Herman report, which may have been favorable to Dulos. Police believe this was a well-thought out murder, not a spur of the moment idea, there was too much planning for that.
What do we know about Anne Curry’s involvement with Fotis? The narrative of a long lost “best friend” gifting Fotis $150K in bail money just doesn’t ring true.
Answer
The story I have been told is that they worked together years ago in New York and that she reached out to him after his first arrest. The exact nature of their relationship is unclear, though she was living at the hosue and he refers to her in his suicide note several times. She clearly was close enough to him to agree to pay as much as $400,000 for his bond.
Hi, I wanted to ask how the killer known Jennifer schedule? She could have go straight to NY after dropping off the kids. So he must know that she will return home.
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:11 pmIf you believe Dulos was the killer, in the scenario outlined by state police he had to have had a pretty good idea of what her schedule was, when she took the kids to school and when she came home for that. The killer clearly knew what their time frame was to get to Jennifer's house, get in a position to get in the garage and follow her into the garage.
Where is his wife?
Answer
That's one of the big questions in this case. There are a lot of theories, state police have chased down lots of possibilities and searched all of his properties. It's the enduring mystery of this case that we may never get an answer to. State police may well believe Troconis or Mawhinney know where her body is.
Many in state government have been critical of State Representative Minnie Gonzalez and her group of family court litigants, who have championed changes to Family Court procedures for years. While many may not like this official or her group's vocal methods, haven't they been saying the same thing for years? That some court monitoring methods are so expensive and some processes too long or entrenched, that they cause bad behavior or bad outcomes? What are proposed changes and have they been made before and when?
Answer
This case is definitely going to put the spotlight on family court before the legislature. There are going to be suggested changes, a state representative from New Canaan area has already submitted a bill. I think they'll be questions on how to resolve high tension divorces quicker, maybe even a movement to have jury trials and cut out a lot of the legal wrangling by lawyers.
In your latest article "The story of the last time Fotis Dulos saw his children: Chocolate bunnies, a haircut, a new basketball hoop and an outdoor picnic", you seem to normalize the relationship between Fotis Dulos and Jennifer Dulos. There are those (including myself), who would characterize this whole case as one of horrific domestic violence, allegedly ending in the ultimate act of violence - kidnap/murder. Your description in this and other articles of the divorce proceedings read like a he said/she said account. How would you respond to the criticism that in your quest for "fairness", you may have erred on not giving enough attention to the domestic violence aspects of this tragedy?
Answer
I thought the court monitor reports story was important because it first of all included tremendous details of the May 22 visit to the house by Dulos. I also thought it was important because it gave a window into how tedious that whole process is. So here's Dulos sitting there, paying $200 an a hour to a stranger, driving three hours each time to see his kids for a few hours tops. I think it just shows the process and how it worked. I also think many of the other issues you raised are addressed in the body of work we’ve done covering this story.
Is Anna Curry still in Connecticut? Was she really living at 4 Jefferson Xing since September 2019 with Fotis? Can Brad Ragaglia get off with the trespass charge?
I believe Anna Curry has gone back to North Carolina.. She was staying at the house until the whole thing exploded with the police showing up, the moving van fiasco and the legal wrangling over the property. She could resurface during the probate fight or if there are any lawsuits regarding the revoked bond. The trespass charge Ragalia is facing is a misdemeanor, I believe he has no previous record so in these cases it’s not unusual for the case to be dismissed.
There were license plates disposed of in a Fed Ex box. Any additional information on the vehicle to which the plates were assigned?
The license plates belonged to an old vehicle that had been registered to Dulos way back in 2007. I know that they were trying to get better images of the red Toyota truck on the highway to see if they could capture the license plate, but as far as I know they haven't been able to do that.
How do we know where police have already thoroughly searched? Are there efforts by civilians to organize searches?
Answer
When Jennifer first disappeared there was a lot of publicity about state police searches partly because citizens were posting stuff on social media on where they were. The searches have certainly slowed down, but we certainly don't know everywhere they have searched. Look at the East Granby Gun Club alleged grave site search, no one heard about that until the arrests. There have been no civilian searches that I know of, the family has made it clear that they want the state police to handle the searches.
How can you answer questions about the Dulos case, when you have ignored the actual experts on the problem and CT's broken and corrupt "family" court system?
Answer
Not sure who you are referring to as the experts here and this case certainly has shone some light on the family court system. I've written several stories about the Dulos divorce case delving into transcripts to highlight the growing frustration Dulos had with the system. The story about the letter he wrote to the judicial selection commission complaining about Judge Heller showed that. Family court will definitely be on the legislative agenda this session.
Are the authorities continuing to look for Jennifer Dulos' body or Clues related to the case?
Answer
While the police have not publicly been seeking out clues or asking residents for surveillance videos and the like as they did at the beginning it is still an active case. There are not teams of detectives assigned every day to it but there is still a case officer. There is still evidence being processed. I know when Dulos was alive they were closely watching his GPS movements to see if he returned to certain spots in the reservoir area for example. They have done a few searches in that area.
Answer
His attorney Norm Pattis was working on a "theory" to present as a defense at trial. Norm is adamant about trying to keep the case going. Until he exhausts all legal avenues he will likely keep his theory to himself.
Has an further information been garnered from the man who found the knife since he is no longer a suspect?
Answer
The two Hartford homeless men that police interviewed, and then later I did as well, haven't talked to the state police since the summertime as far as I know. “Fudge,” the last person to allegedly have the knife, told me that he didn't know who he sold it to for $10. Police never found the knife.
Did it ever occur to anyone that Fotis Dulos was hoping to be 'rescued' and recovered? If he had started his 'suicide' a bit later, or they had come 'a bit earlier', he may have been saved.
Answer
Roger isn’t the first person to come up with this theory. It’s pretty risky to hope someone will save you. However, there are questions about that morning that I don’t think have been answered yet.
Answer
Family cases bring out varied opinions - I have gotten lots of calls and emails from women who believe Jennifer's case is no different than theirs, in terms of how the court handled it, and also from guys who say they related to the frustration of not seeing their children that Dulos expressed many times. The state's attorney has said the contentious court case was part of the motive for her disappearance.
Is there any update in relation to the ax that was found in Fotis's garage the day he was arrested?
Answer
the ax referred to in this question was confiscated by the state police in January when they arrested Fotis Dulos for murder. It was taken from his garage and taken to the state laboratory. I have not heard of any results of testing done on it as of yet. We likely will not for awhile because the state's attorney doesn't have to reveal anymore evidence since the murder trial is now off.
As things progressed, did Dulos come to recognize you and know who you and Nick were? How did he act toward you?
Answer
I covered all of Dulos' court appearances and he was well aware of who I was. I talked to him briefly during court breaks many times. The only time he was angry with me was over a story about how he was $4 million in debt that came out during the civil trial. He hated that story, got right up in my face during a break, he later apologized.
VISITATION: You wrote that The Courant had copies of the supervised visits between FD and the children. You mentioned they dated back to January 2018. Will you be reporting more on the other reports/visits? Or will you be making them public/posting?
Answer
i put a synopsis of the visitation reports in the story to give a flavor of what the reports were like.We decided not to publish them all because no one else has them. I'm not sure if I will be writing more about them. The reports are very detailed and are very similar in style and form as the May 22 on was.
Was FD's activities on the Thursday evening before all part of the Alibi ?Do you know the names of the people that were at the Dinner Party?Do you have an opinion as to whether KM knows where Jennifer 's body is?Did the State Troopers find any evidence of the purchase of the 2 lime bags in any of the suspects Credit Card Records?
Answer
The dinner party at Jefferson crossing was for a small group of friends including some of his water skiing buddies. All have been interviewed by the state police as to their whereabouts the next day. One of the females at that party is part of Michelle Troconis' alibi for the 24th.
Answer
Norm was in Texas for week with his other famous client Alex Jones and then he was on vacation. I believe he is preparing for the March 3 hearing, where he plans to fight to keep the case going.
FUDGE: Has there been anymore information on the whereabouts of “Fudge"; who may have the knife found in the trash can with the pillow?
Answer
There were two different homeless men involved in recovering the knife. The first man who found it in the garbage took it and put a bloody pillow back into the trash, he then allegedly sold the knife to “Fudge” for $5 worth of crack. Fudge then sold it for $10 and it has never been seen again. It’s possible they will be witnesses at the trial, especially the first guy who said he found the bloody pillow and put it back.
Answer
Yes all of the evidence that would have been used to prosecute Dulos will be used in their cases. The state will still have to prove that a murder occurred here and that Jennifer Dulos is actually dead in order to prove conspiracy to commit murder. So all of the events of May 24 will have to come in as evidence at their trials.
If the case against Fotis Dulos is ultimately dismissed, will the discovery that the state has ever become public?
Answer
If the case is dismissed on March 3, the evidence will not become public because Colangelo will likely argue that it will all be needed to try the other two defendants. Plus, without the recovery of Jennifer’s body, the state police will not officially close the case. It will remain open.
Answer
Both of them are in the pre-trial phase of their cases. Dulos had sought a speedy trial so his case was going to go to a jury in the fall if he had survived. Since neither of these defendants are charged with murder, it will likely take longer for their cases, although since Mawhinney is still in jail his case will likely be done first.
Regarding the matter of where Jennifer’s body might be, are there any options law enforcement may have to get Troconis or Mawhinney to reveal what they may or may not know about the whereabouts of the body?
Answer
The state police have pressed both of them for that answer. Finding Jennifer's body is still the top priority for them. Both of them did give interviews to the state police, multiple times in Troconis' case without any deals in place for doing so.
Answer
Norm has said that he wants to try this case to exonerate his client’s name. He is fully prepared to put on a defense and was planning to call Dulos as a witness. Now the attempt to keep the criminal case alive is a long shot.
Answer
The children are going to school, but the family has not disclosed where. They have asked that the children's privacy be respected and we have adhered to that.
Did they ever find Jennifer's cell phone? What theory gives reason to her blood found in her car and his borrowed truck?
Answer
Jennifer's cellphone has never been found, it is one of the mysteries of this case. They did a specific search for it in Waveny Park with special FBI dogs and have found nothing. The last they know of her phone was it pinged on Lapham Road, where her Suburban was found. State police have said that they believe her body was transported from Welles Lane to Lapham Road in her own vehicle and then transferred to the Toyota truck.
What is the status of the bond money that Ann Curry and the private Investigator paid for his $6 million bond?
Answer
What do you think we will learn from the inventory and Probate? Will we learn who is paying Pattis?
The probate judge has given the temporary administrator 30 days to provide an inventory, but that may be optimistic because he will need to document every item in 4 Jefferson Crossing, because people are claiming some of the stuff is theirs. A full inventory will probably show what Fotis already knew, that he was running out of money. Several properties are in foreclosure, the homes that aren't are heavily mortgaged.
DA evaded the question of whether we'll learn who's paying Pattis.

Exactly.

FYI, MT Only saw HF's Will in the NY Probate Court, Not the Trusts.

The Trust Documents are Not filed in Probate Court and the 'Dream Team' of Fd/MT would Not have access to the Trusts.

If you recall, Fd Tried to get access to the Trusts by way of the Civil Trial, which would Also denote that they do Not Know the details of the Trusts.

IMO.
Please remind me ... where did the info re Michelle traveling to NY to see HF’s will come from? That seems to be the only piece of info I skipped over. Annoying since I’ve been following since June.
Wow! June seems like so long ago and yet it feels like it happened just yesterday. It took me almost 6 months to drive by Welles Lane (drive by daily taking and picking my kids to school and not say a prayer or just be sad for Jennifer, her kids, her family and all the community members who loved them.

By Dave Altimari
Hartford Courant |
Author's Note
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Where is his wife?
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer

@sds71, thanks for doing this! Definitely taking one for the team here IMO but it was interesting to see how this played out.

MOO

Please remind me ... where did the info re Michelle traveling to NY to see HF’s will come from? That seems to be the only piece of info I skipped over. Annoying since I’ve been following since June.
Wow! June seems like so long ago and yet it feels like it happened just yesterday. It took me almost 6 months to drive by Welles Lane (drive by daily taking and picking my kids to school and not say a prayer or just be sad for Jennifer, her kids, her family and all the community members who loved them.

@moremissmarplelessmpoirot, this info came out in the Civil Case testimony.

Yeah, Mama A gambled away her license but, this time, its going to be different
I think DM's telephoto lens got the gist of Mama leads, MT follows dynamics outside Attorney Bowman's office on or about June 6, 2019 (almost 2 weeks after JFd's disappearance) in the "Connecticut man's socialite girlfriend 'makes a confession' to police about his estranged wife" article linked above. Hope the call detail records from MT's cellphone from March 20, 2019 and the voicemails from Fd's old cellphone number from 2018, as well as the dump of MT's cellphone data from the tech guy lead to Mama A being present and actively participating in moving cellphones, cars, money around on and around May 24 and probably behind the scenes at the night of the party on the 23rd ("oh, we need more meat, nudge nudge, wink wink"). Maybe Mama A has been here continuously since Greek Easter, IMO, keeping the pressure on for a ring and a summer wedding. Just keep laughing and sashaying in those heels, ladies, and you'll walk out of jail free and keep your man as Queen of 4JX! MOO.

Never mind the AW and SW, and KM fleeing at police gun point, let's double down on a losing game
IMO, MT's Farmington friends bailed out on MT's alibi (see HH's observations of MT and Fd eyes locking in fear at the picnic on May 31 of when the CCTV Odyssey of Stupidity on Albany Ave footage hit the news). Shortly after, IMO, Mama A doubles down on the bail, in Full-On Parasite Mode, and calls backup from Miami (big burly friends and relatives pictured escorting MT from court), the sort of guys who know how to disappear a body with acid and also keep MT from fleeing. I'm envisioning Miami Vice style parties with bouncers at the door with ear pieces. Typical Dubai-Miami hardcore stuff. The Glock Fd got from Florida may be traceable to MT's Miami pals, exposing Mama A's other side hustles to the Feds, who are obviously assisting with tracing interbank money movements and possibly more. Question is: with MT now merely a trespasser at 4JX, with no wedding ring, no biological children together, no claim to Fd's Estate and it looks like no salary or pension, why is Mama A so invested in staying in Avon with MT? Expenses must be mounting. Unless Mama A doubled down with the wrong Miami types and her hide is now on the line...MOO.
Oh my goodness! What a read.
MOO.

In the Civil Case.

Last edited:
So according to DA, JDs phone was never found, remains one of the big mysteries of the case.
So the iPhone in the red case in the car wasn’t hers.

Leads to more conjecture, was the JD phone disposed with the body?

That explains why there were electronics dogs at MIRA. They were still searching for it then.

So according to DA, JDs phone was never found, remains one of the big mysteries of the case.

That explains why there were electronics dogs at MIRA. They were still searching for it then.
I feel like he disposed of her phone at the carwash or at least part of her phone

DA evaded the question of whether we'll learn who's paying Pattis.
Among many questions dodged. Never answered about Jennifer's blood in truck. Nope let's go past that.
Some questions seemed like they may have been from some of our resident WS.

If her daughter had a full day of school that day, EWS last bell isn't until after the SW times on Friday (2:30PM-3:00PM; last bell is 3:25PM).
Thank you. Wonder if they might have been allowed to leave early that day before a holiday.

Then again, I assume LE knows all of the answers already!

Last edited:

What I'd like to know:

Where is Dave A getting this information that he is now treating and disseminating as fact, as if he were the leading authority, and which the public will now treat as fact, as well?

It's as if he thinks he's doing a press conference which one would normally hear from law enforcement, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member