NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Image Released of Unidentified Girl Found in Barrel Who Could Be From Texas

Officials have released an updated digital facial reconstruction for an unidentified girl whose decomposed body was found in a barrel near a New Hampshire state park years ago.
---
The investigation suggests that the unidentified girl was not from New Hampshire, but most likely from Texas, Arizona, California or Oregon.
---
Through ongoing genealogy work, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children says the child is primarily Caucasian with a small amount of Asian, black and American Indian ancestry. She was 2 to 4 years old at the time of her death, placing her birthdate between 1975-1977. She had slightly wavy brown hair and stood as tall as 3 feet, 9 inches. She had a slight overbite.

New Image Released of Unidentified Girl Found in Barrel Who Could Be From Texas
From the link:
Rasmussen, who is suspected of killing at least six women and two children, died in a California prison in 2010.
Is that a typo? Surely it should be at least 3 children.

Adults:
Marlyse Honeychurch
Eunsoon Jun
Denise Beaudin
Mother of middle child
?
?

Children:
Marie Vaughn
Sarah McWaters
Middle child

Who am I missing from the adults, or are they including Denise Denault and Elizabeth Lamotte? I thought they were just speculation.

I think they’re including Laureen Rahn and Denise Denault. Although probable, still a little presumptuous IMO. Unless there’s something more we aren’t privy to. As for the children...I have not a clue. I can’t say I’m surprised about the new information though. I’m just wondering about the logic behind it.

JMOO

From my understanding, the isotopes are from long-term accumulation in different cell types in the body. Even if long term exposure led to contamination, wouldnt that imply the middle child’s isotope map would look more similar to the other victims than less similar? It’s a very broadstrokes idea and it doesnt seem particularly useful in this case in my opinion.

It may turn out to be totally accurate, but i have doubts. Theyre simply stating that the known environmental conditions to cause this isotope accumulation exist in those parts of the country. It’s a profile based on a lot of things being exactly right about our knowledge of environmental factors on our bodies. Keep in mind, epigenetics as a serious independent field of science is newer than some particle accelerators.

Could the fact that the bodies - hair, bones, and teeth in particular - were in barrels for a fairly significant amount of time and commingled with one another, effect some aspect of the isotope testing and subsequent results? I have a decent grasp on how the analysis works but I just wonder if the conditions postmortem would factor in somehow. I know there’s a science behind it all, but not as concrete as is with DNA testing.

I don't know what to make of this new news. Does that mean ignore the old isotope map?

I've put the new areas in a purpley color on the isotope map. The red rectangles are the areas previously thought most likely.

View attachment 234259

It seems odd to not include NM.

bb-jpg.234259

Thank you for this brilliant map. It does help a lot to visualize everything, plus possible movements of Terry and all other people around him and with him. Logistics of it all, moving accross states with many children. Yes, NM should be possibility too.

He did move a lot with his own children - big family - from Hawaii to Arizona, and looking at map, with all 6 of them (2 adults and his 4 children) from Arizona to California and then back again to Arizona.

Than in 75/76 - He and his new parter in Ingleside, Texas
Than first half of 78 in Houston Texas (Root company) - (How far is Ingleside from Houston?) - by this time his new bio child (middle child from barrel) was already 2-3 years old... So yes, Texas is big possibility where child was and for some time.

Than other half of 78 Terry was in California where he met Marlyse. (I need to double check what city there she actually lived at, can't recall now. Anybody knows?). Did his own child and child's mum moved with him to California? Or did they both stay behind in Texas?

End of 78, Terry and Marlyse knowing each other few weeks up to maximum of six month, all up and left. Again 4 people on the road. Whole accross US, million miles across that map, to get up to North East coast. Did they stop at Texas? To visit? Also, does anyone recall what age exactly where Marlyse's children when they left CA in 78, last so far confirmed sighting of them?

At some point, all 4 of them, shortly before their death they travelled once again to get middle child. Was it from NH all the way to Texas/California and than back to NH? This must have taken some time.

His travelling journey all across US, with once again new family, continued at the end of 1981 with Denise and newlyborn Lisa/Dawn.

(just thinking out loud, with vague memory, when following this great map)

Last edited:
From the link:

"Rasmussen, who is suspected of killing at least six women and two children, died in a California prison in 2010".

Is that a typo? Surely it should be at least 3 children.

Adults:
Marlyse Honeychurch
Eunsoon Jun
Denise Beaudin
Mother of middle child
?
?

Children:
Marie Vaughn
Sarah McWaters
Middle child

Who am I missing from the adults, or are they including Denise Denault and Elizabeth Lamotte? I thought they were just speculation.

I was staring at those details of article as well. Even though it was me who posted the original article, I do wonder about the details. Those details were not mentioned in any other press release or news, so I wonder if journalist was just creative and went on basic assumptions he/she knows so far about the case and Terry's previous known locations or if he/she indeed knows more.

I can say with certainty that Elizabeth Lamotte would not be included in that count of six women based on factors we have discussed some time ago on this thread.

Here are 6 known women Terry had ties to plus longetivity of his relationships (roughly). Only one woman is confirmed to be alive from six. Maybe journo made mistake or he knows one more suspected victim:

1st wife 69/74 - around 5 years
Middle 's child mum - 75/78 - around 3 years (assumption)
Marlyse - 78/80 - around 1,5 to 2 years
Denise 81/unknown - around 2 years if we assume '83
-
Unknown woman in CA '84/85 - unknown (assumption around 1 year)
-
-
-
Eunsoon 01/02 - around 1 year (Terry 66 years old when arrested)

I was, same as you, staring at the number of suspected murdered children - 2 - that surely is a typo or is journalist saying middle child, his own child might not be his victim???

Gee, or maybe we just all are overthinking and journalist indeed had creative day at work when article was made. Anyone want to contact him/her to get clarification?

Mind you, only my post of this article on my fb page shared in one day over thousand times. And I can bet that many other people shared it from original too. I am glad to say that it is also sharing widely in many native groups. Yes, middle child case is getting finally some proper exposure, due to this journalist.

Last edited:
I have been surveying the populations of RV parks looking for connections to known victims and aliases. I believe Rockport, TX is a center where a lot of these families intersect. As well as Lewisville, and Houston. Also, if you see a name of a town in Texas or anywhere, it’s helpful to mention that many of these towns are less than 5 miles apart. You can travel through rockport, aransas pass, ingleside, portland and corpus christi in 30 minutes. If it’s in Texas, an RV park resident or a neighbor is my bet.

Terry and his wife were originally neighbors in Hawaii. The Decker family which took in Lisa were neighbors. The Honeychurch family, though just my opinion, lived in many RV park areas where he may have encountered her. He did maintenance work at some of these parks he lived at. It’s likely his occupation gave him the access he would need to commit fraud or target victims.

I have been surveying the populations of RV parks looking for connections to known victims and aliases. I believe Rockport, TX is a center where a lot of these families intersect. As well as Lewisville, and Houston. Also, if you see a name of a town in Texas or anywhere, it’s helpful to mention that many of these towns are less than 5 miles apart. You can travel through rockport, aransas pass, ingleside, portland and corpus christi in 30 minutes. If it’s in Texas, an RV park resident or a neighbor is my bet.

Terry and his wife were originally neighbors in Hawaii. The Decker family which took in Lisa were neighbors. The Honeychurch family, though just my opinion, lived in many RV park areas where he may have encountered her. He did maintenance work at some of these parks he lived at. It’s likely his occupation gave him the access he would need to commit fraud or target victims.

Reminds me of another missing neighbor of his in Manchester who lived down the street.

Is it known exactly HOW he came to meet Marlyse Honeychurch and Denise Beaudin? I forgot to mention he also may have disposed of the Allenstown Four by getting help from his coworkers. Ed Gelinas (sp?) and Ed Gallagher- coworkers from the Waumbec Mill in New Hampshire, helped him get rid of the waste from the mill. Gallagher’s land adjacent to Bear Brook State Park was the dumpsite. Gelinas helped move the waste in his truck. Including barrels- paraphrased from the Bear Brook Podcast.

What is known about him comes almost entirely from his most immediate associates. As far as i remember, nothing has been mentioned about who he may have known outside his job sites and addresses. The only other place he would’ve presumably visited regularly may have been local bars. This is where he was possibly seen in Ingleside by two people.

As far as I can recall, there's been no mention of how TPR met DB or MH.

You are correct, there have been no mention in any of the articles how he met Denise or Marlyse.

I do wonder about Marlyse though. Her both previous husbands were military. Terry was ex military too. It would not be out of realm of possibility to say Terry circled places where ex military people usually meet - some clubs, pubs or other similar places.

Another new and well written article came out. It does confirm the states.
===
Do you remember this little girl?

A renowned genealogist who helped authorities identify the alleged Golden State Killer is working with New Hampshire authorities to solve one of the remaining mysteries in the decades-long Bear Brook murder case:

Who is the “middle child” whose small body was found in a metal barrel near the state park in 2000?

Carol Schweitzer is supervisor of forensic services at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC), which last week released a new artist’s rendering of what the little girl may have looked like.

The new drawing was done to highlight the latest genetic research in the case — and incorporate the features of her father, Terry Rasmussen, the serial killer who authorities believe killed her and three others, Schweitzer said.

Genetic genealogist Barbara Rae-Venter was named one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people last year, for her role in identifying the notorious Golden State Killer based on DNA from the crime scenes.

It was Rae-Venter’s genealogical work that led investigators to Rasmussen’s connection to New Hampshire, Schweitzer said.
---
Rae-Venter’s ongoing work on the case has shown that the unidentified child is primarily caucasian, with a “small amount” of Asian, African and Native American ancestry.

She is believed to have been born between 1975 and 1977, standing 3 feet, 3 inches to 3 feet, 9 inches tall. She also had a slight overbite, which may have been noticeable, and she may have had anemia.

The child was most likely from Texas, Arizona, California or Oregon, but no location is being ruled out, according to NCMEC.
---
But the identity of the third child, who was 2 to 4 years old at the time of her death, most likely between 1979 and 1981, remains unknown. Genetic testing revealed that Rasmussen was the child’s father, but investigators are still trying to identify the child — and learn who her mother was, fearing that she, too, may have been one of Rasmussen’s victims.
---
“The hope is that someone may see that facial reconstruction and recall the child, or recall a mother and the child,” said Jeffery Strelzin, senior assistant attorney general. “It may also be useful if we’re able to get some potential family members and would be able to show them that facial reconstruction and question them as well.”
---
Another mystery is what happened to Denise Beaudin, a Manchester woman who was 23 years old when she disappeared around Thanksgiving in 1981 with her infant daughter and boyfriend, Rasmussen. Beaudin has never been seen again, but her daughter turned up in California in 1986, abandoned by the man neighbors believed was her father.

Years later, California authorities asked Rae-Venter if she could help them figure out the young woman’s real identity, and her DNA research located relatives in the Manchester area. That turned out to be the break in the case that led investigators to eventually identify Rasmussen and three of his Allenstown victims.

You are correct, there have been no mention in any of the articles how he met Denise or Marlyse.

I do wonder about Marlyse though. Her both previous husbands were military. Terry was ex military too. It would not be out of realm of possibility to say Terry circled places where ex military people usually meet - some clubs, pubs or other similar places.
I've often thought about the military aspect as well. It definitely seems to be a common denominator. It would be one way for him to "bond" with the males (and females) associated with his victims. IMO

Could the fact that the bodies - hair, bones, and teeth in particular - were in barrels for a fairly significant amount of time and commingled with one another, effect some aspect of the isotope testing and subsequent results? I have a decent grasp on how the analysis works but I just wonder if the conditions postmortem would factor in somehow. I know there’s a science behind it all, but not as concrete as is with DNA testing.

Teeth are formed when mom is carrying the baby. All of the teeth are in our mouths when we're born

Mentioning this, but LE is no doubt following this--and it may have been discussed previously--given what is known about the pattern that Rasmussen followed when he had Dawn/Lisa with him, is it possible that he followed a similar pattern while he had the middle child with him (RV parks, etc.)? Then, he met up with Marlyse and the other children.

Another new and well written article came out. It does confirm the states.
===

A renowned genealogist who helped authorities identify the alleged Golden State Killer is working with New Hampshire authorities to solve one of the remaining mysteries in the decades-long Bear Brook murder case:

Who is the “middle child” whose small body was found in a metal barrel near the state park in 2000?

Carol Schweitzer is supervisor of forensic services at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC), which last week released a new artist’s rendering of what the little girl may have looked like.

The new drawing was done to highlight the latest genetic research in the case — and incorporate the features of her father, Terry Rasmussen, the serial killer who authorities believe killed her and three others, Schweitzer said.

Genetic genealogist Barbara Rae-Venter was named one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people last year, for her role in identifying the notorious Golden State Killer based on DNA from the crime scenes.

It was Rae-Venter’s genealogical work that led investigators to Rasmussen’s connection to New Hampshire, Schweitzer said.
---
Rae-Venter’s ongoing work on the case has shown that the unidentified child is primarily caucasian, with a “small amount” of Asian, African and Native American ancestry.

She is believed to have been born between 1975 and 1977, standing 3 feet, 3 inches to 3 feet, 9 inches tall. She also had a slight overbite, which may have been noticeable, and she may have had anemia.

The child was most likely from Texas, Arizona, California or Oregon, but no location is being ruled out, according to NCMEC.
---
But the identity of the third child, who was 2 to 4 years old at the time of her death, most likely between 1979 and 1981, remains unknown. Genetic testing revealed that Rasmussen was the child’s father, but investigators are still trying to identify the child — and learn who her mother was, fearing that she, too, may have been one of Rasmussen’s victims.
---
“The hope is that someone may see that facial reconstruction and recall the child, or recall a mother and the child,” said Jeffery Strelzin, senior assistant attorney general. “It may also be useful if we’re able to get some potential family members and would be able to show them that facial reconstruction and question them as well.”
---
Another mystery is what happened to Denise Beaudin, a Manchester woman who was 23 years old when she disappeared around Thanksgiving in 1981 with her infant daughter and boyfriend, Rasmussen. Beaudin has never been seen again, but her daughter turned up in California in 1986, abandoned by the man neighbors believed was her father.

Years later, California authorities asked Rae-Venter if she could help them figure out the young woman’s real identity, and her DNA research located relatives in the Manchester area. That turned out to be the break in the case that led investigators to eventually identify Rasmussen and three of his Allenstown victims.

I don't know what to make of this new news. Does that mean ignore the old isotope map?

I've put the new areas in a purpley color on the isotope map. The red rectangles are the areas previously thought most likely.

View attachment 234259

It seems odd to not include NM.

Thank You for the map ...... something that has stood out in my head is that the MC came from a much colder climate than the others. That was stated in the presser back in 2017. With what we know today the largest part of their lives they lived in CA vs the NE coast so I'm going with Northern CA to Oregon for the MC.

Best Guess I have is that( due to that NECMEC comment) is that they are probably narrowing it down to the States that they absolutely know he was in, but aren't ruling out the other isotope areas. OR genealogy is narrowing it down to those States and they are not telling us.

Was listening to bearbrook update 2 podcast linked in the Rasmussen thread. Interview of Eric Rasmussen he comments that TR slept with the babysitters. I'm back to really wondering about the other missing women of Manchester. How do we know Denise Denault didn't babysit for him after Elizabeth disappeared? How do we know Denise D. Wasn't Elizabeth? Postman knocks on door, babysitter signs for mail and makes up a name. There just have to be more bodies in Manchester or Bearbrook somewhere. There has to be another connection there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31