Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not wise to advertise to people, that you are stocking up supplies. Trusted family and friends, okay. Work mates? No. Not unless you want them showing up at your house if things get bad. Of course, I don't anticipate things to get that bad, but, better safe, then sorry.

What a tragedy......

(Reuters) - President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday that Iran had no plans to quarantine any "cities and districts" in response to the country's coronavirus outbreak, which the health ministry said had killed 19 people, state TV reported.

There were however plans to impose some restriction at holy Shi'ite sites and cancel some sermons on Friday, the Islamic Republic's traditional day of public prayer, said Health Minister Saeed Namaki.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN20K19G?__twitter_impression=true

What a tragedy......

(Reuters) - President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday that Iran had no plans to quarantine any "cities and districts" in response to the country's coronavirus outbreak, which the health ministry said had killed 19 people, state TV reported.

There were however plans to impose some restriction at holy Shi'ite sites and cancel some sermons on Friday, the Islamic Republic's traditional day of public prayer, said Health Minister Saeed Namaki.

Rouhani says no urban quarantines planned as Iran coronavirus toll hits 19
Open borders to Afghanistan...very poor healthcare.

It is not wise to advertise to people, that you are stocking up supplies. Trusted family and friends, okay. Work mates? No. Not unless you want them showing up at your house if things get bad. Of course, I don't anticipate things to get that bad, but, better safe, then sorry.
I would leave a care package for them. Alot of people dont ask for help. Pride or fear of no. We have to help each other.JMO besides not getting past my pack of pitbulls...nor my boys for that matter

OK remember when you lovely people that I respect an admire with your amazing fact filled posts said we shouldn't panic yet , um, does that still stand? just checking

I totally get what you are saying. I know that the general concern in this thread is very different from when we first starting following this. I'm concerned but not panicking yet. It makes me anxious but I've always been an anxious person. Having spent the last 6 weeks taking stock of everything we use on a daily basis and slowly buying up stuff to make sure we have enough for a quarantine makes me feel so much more at peace.

But it's the unknown that's hardest. I've long felt that many of us will be in a community that is suddenly surprised by the presence of COVID-19. Basically what's happening in Italy now. I'm also really really hoping the arrival of warm weather will indeed slow this down. A slowing down so all of our communities are able to handle the influx of this new illness.

Ohio goes from zero to monitoring 100 people, won't say where they are

Hundreds of Ohioans being monitored for possible coronavirus

What else can you expect from a state where the head of the Dept of Health got their MD from a diploma mill?

Number of people being observed/self-quarantine is 212. One person is suspected of having COVID-19. No word on where in Ohio that person is from. It's a big state, I'm guessing somewhere around the state capitol.

I guess we shouldn't assume that brains go along with royalty.....just saying.....

The Queen’s granddaughter Zara Phillips and her husband, former England rugby player Mike Tindall, will not be self-isolating despite returning from a skiing trip in northern Italy, where a coronavirus outbreak has been spreading.

Phillips and Tindall have come back from a trip to Bormio, a town in the Lombardy region of the Alps in northern Italy.

The couple’s management said the pair were following government guidelines and medical advice, although they currently did not have any symptoms of the infection and so would not be going into self-isolation.

Zara Phillips will not self-isolate after Italy trip | Zara Phillips | The Guardian

That's funny. Don't they know that the symptoms don't show up for up to 2 weeks?

Number of people being observed/self-quarantine is 212. One person is suspected of having COVID-19. No word on where in Ohio that person is from. It's a big state, I'm guessing somewhere around the state capitol.

"Self Quarantined", remember the noncompliance rate I had for my study on driving? 20% were admittedly "non compliant". So, in this, the math would be, 42 people.

A handful of cases now in my city in Europe, and stores selling out of everything and pulling some Italian produce. Our patient 0 worked only 2km from my house. I can't even get groceries delivered for several days so we're forced to go out, if briefly. This is a city that relies heavily on Chinese and Korean tourists. I'm not necessarily afraid of this virus killing me, but I don't want to suffer through it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong