Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Nothing found” sounds definitive. “Inconclusive” leave at least a little room for hope. I wonder which it is....

I am wondering the same. Especially when WM’s grandmother says he showed up to her place wet and asking for money with some crappy excuses for why (pipe at the hotel burst and someone stole all of his money).

WJHL on Twitter
Video of crews leaving the scene after Wilkes Co. Sheriff’s Office officials said ‘search inconclusive’ at pond, search for Evelyn Boswell
5:54 PM - 26 Feb 2020

Restaurant patrons find tasty way to contribute to Evelyn Boswell reward fund
The rolled Thai ice cream and bubble tea were flowing at Taste Buds’ small, crowded space late Wednesday afternoon — and that was good news for the Evelyn Boswell reward fund.

First-time customers and regulars streamed into the eclectic shop after owner HD announced she’d donate half of Taste Buds’ gross proceeds for the day to the reward fund offered to anyone that can lead authorities to the missing toddler.

[...]

As the dinner and dessert rush started rolling in at 5:30, Donnelly reported that proceeds were nearing $450.
O/T but that young news reporter did an excellent job, completely covered the points. IMO

From an interview with WM’s grandmother (the person with the property adjacent to the pond).

Search for missing 15-month-old TN girl at NC pond ‘inconclusive’

“McCloud’s grandmother lives next to the pond and told Channel 9 the two showed up at her home in Traphill asking for money to get out of North Carolina.

She said her grandson was wet and explained why.

“That he had been at a motel and the pipe burst and he got his feet wet and somebody stole his money and he needed money to get back to Bristol,” Mary McCloud said.

Channel 9 asked if she thought her grandson could have had any involvement in baby Evelyn’s disappearance.

“I don’t know. He’s devious enough. His record from youth up, he’s been devious enough to be involved in something,” she said.”
Oh, cripes! Remember Erica Parsons? Her adopted father buried her on property adjacent to his mother's land. So many cases end up with a child discarded on property known to the killer. The dots are often hard to connect but IMO perps are lazy and tend to seek out the familiar. MOO.

In jail at 18..... I cannot even imagine being in jail at any time of my life. I've always had a fear of a situation that would put me in that position. Yes I've gotten a speeding ticket and was almost in years, but paid it the next day so I couldn't get in trouble later!!! So I cannot see how she has been in jail now for almost 24 hours and she still hasn't told the truth at 18??? Her age doesn't matter, it's just that she is young and IMO she should be more worried or scared! It just baffles me how anyone has the audacity to think they are smarter than LE!

The thought of LWOP or the death penalty could cause her mouth to clamp shut.

I'm so far behind that I decided to skip ahead 20 pages so apologies if anything I say has already been hashed and rehashed.

MB - I get that she could be a "dumb kid" but at the same time she seems to lack self awareness, which is not incongruent with being young. IOW, many young moms the same age are capable of caring for their child and aren't compelled to lie. Some of us here had babies at a young age and managed to raise them into successful, responsible adults. So that doesn't wash well with me.

I got the feeling that MB enjoyed the spotlight as a bit of excitement in an otherwise boring life and she's just not able to see beyond that. It was all about her and very little about Evelyn.

As I said said last night, I'm interested in learning more about the males in this case. Right now we can't sleuth them but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one is at the core of Evelyn's disappearance. It wouldn't be the first time a man didn't want someone else's spawn around or a woman chooses to put a hot new love before the welfare of her kids.

If MB had trauma in her early life I feel sad for her. But it won't excuse her behavior in my eyes. She strikes me as someone who lies on impulse, with no thought about being caught. No one buys story number one? Move on to the next lie.

This is all MOO but regardless of what happened to Evelyn, at the end of the day her mother and father are responsible for her safety and well-being. I understand that the bio dad is stationed away so that leaves mom, MB. IMO a loving, empathetic parent can do a good job no matter the age. Again, MOO.
We just can't post what we have found about the males........we can sleuth them.

FEB 26, 2020
Evelyn Boswell’s grandmother, boyfriend both have recent criminal histories
[...]

A November 2018 affidavit said a caller alerted authorities to a woman driving around Taco Bell on North Eastman Road with an unrestrained child...

The Kingsport officer discovered that Boswell had a warrant... Officers arrested her as a fugitive from justice out of Scott County and jailed her.

The affidavit says a David Jones took custody of the unnamed child in Boswell’s care at the time.

[...]

When Boswell was being booked at Kingsport City Jail, a corrections officer found a plastic wrapper with two pills in Boswell’s pants. ...Boswell tried to hide the pills in her pants and shoes...

Authorities determined the pills appeared to be Focalin, a schedule II drug and charged Boswell with introduction of contraband into a penal facility.

In April 2019, Boswell crashed into another vehicle on Fort Henry Drive. ...

[...]

In addition to the vehicle and drug charges, Boswell was found guilty of stealing two pastries from Food City’s bakery in November 2018, according to records.

I guess I would just not be thinking about any consequences IF I was in fact innocent! Surely the thought of those two things had to occur to her while she was out blaming and pointing fingers at every one else, IMO. But then again, it got really REAL for her last night when she was kept and put in a cell, I guess.

FEB 26, 2020
No body found in search for Evelyn Boswell at North Carolina pond, authorities say
[...]

A rescue team searched the pond using a remote-operated vehicle after a tip was submitted to North Carolina authorities.

That tip was one of more than 570 that have been checked out by police in the ongoing investigation, said Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Leslie Earhart, adding that investigators have not verified whether Evelyn was taken across state lines.

"All tips have to be checked out just to make sure," she said.

[...]

The probe has yielded few answers. Family members of Evelyn, some of whom have violent criminal histories, have only complicated matters by giving conflicting, changing statements to investigators. Three people have been arrested, though no one has been directly charged in the toddler's disappearance.

[...]

The pair were arrested. Evelyn's grandmother, 42, was extradited to Tennessee on Monday while McCloud, 33, was extradited Wednesday.

[...]

What?! :eek:

McCloud’s grandmother lives next to the pond and told Channel 9 the two showed up at her home in Traphill asking for money to get out of North Carolina.

She said her grandson was wet and explained why.

“That he had been at a motel and the pipe burst and he got his feet wet and somebody stole his money and he needed money to get back to Bristol,” Mary McCloud said.
Seems like they could somehow verify his story. Hotels with busted pipes, where they stayed etc

I guess I would just not be thinking about any consequences IF I was in fact innocent! Surely the thought of those two things had to occur to her while she was out blaming and pointing fingers at every one else, IMO. But then again, it got really REAL for her last night when she was kept and put in a cell, I guess.

Exactly. If she’s innocent AND has info, she’d be spilling her guts to LE. So she’s either NOT innocent, or she’s completely clueless.

I’m not sure she is smart enough to figure that out. She has already proven in her previous statements that she thinks she is smarter than LE, and based on some of the things she said thinks she can flatter them and get away with whatever she is trying to get away with.

I found it interesting yesterday when she was being interviewed by a female reporter, who kept asking her the same questions phrased differently to trip MB up, and MB just kept talking and talking and talking. She stated there were things she could not discuss, like the reason why she could not take a polygraph. The reporter kept her talking and BANG, all of the sudden MB lets out she is pregnant.

MB is not the genius she believes herself to be.

I finally decided to create an account, given that I've been constantly refreshing and reading these threads for days now. I am also a local to the Tri-Cities area and to say that this is gripping this area would be a massive understatement. People everywhere are talking about this case and feeling the same kind of sense of anger, sadness, and questioning that many here are feeling. It's really a bizarre feeling to have a case like this going on in our small area of the world. Thinking back on the Anthony case, that seemed like a world away even though in reality it wasn't. I guess a lot of people never think that this could happen in our backyard and within our own community.

The striking thing to me today is after hearing the interview with the Great-Grandfather and now the comments from AB's boyfriend's grandmother, is how many lives are being completely upended because of this horrible situation. From law enforcement to family members without knowledge of what was going on in their extended families. That's not to mention the biggest life impacted here, that of EB.

If I can add anything about the area, culture, or socio-political factors in the area, feel free to ask. Really enjoy this forum and the input & dialogue from people here has been thoughtful and intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member