TX TX - Joyce Brewer, 15, Grand Prairie, 6 Sept 1970

In the Texas birth index her birthday is Jan 24, 1954. That would make her 16 at the time of her disappearance . All of the Newspaper articles I could find state her as being 17.

From the Grand Prairie Daily News:
February 18, 1971 and August 14, 1973

Attachments

• jbc11.PNG
    jbc11.PNG
    116 KB · Views: 47
  • jcb3.PNG
    jcb3.PNG
    151.5 KB · Views: 42
  • jcb1.PNG
    jcb1.PNG
    76.8 KB · Views: 35
My mother lived in Grand Prairie for several years when she was growing up, until she quit school and ran away to California in 1972. I mentioned to her that I had joined this site and on a long shot, I asked her if she knew Joyce Brewer. She thought she did know her, on the periphery. Joyce would have been about three years older than her. My mother said that she had a friend named Jack (she called him Jackie) Brewer, and that his sister was named Joyce. She was sure they were the same person. She said she never knew that Joyce had been reported missing, or that she had run away from home. Anyways, I know I didn't really contribute anything "new", but maybe it will renew some interest in the thread.
Will you please contact me at czcaseresearcher@gmail.com
Or on Facebook April Dawn (Valenzuela)

My mother lived in Grand Prairie for several years when she was growing up, until she quit school and ran away to California in 1972. I mentioned to her that I had joined this site and on a long shot, I asked her if she knew Joyce Brewer. She thought she did know her, on the periphery. Joyce would have been about three years older than her. My mother said that she had a friend named Jack (she called him Jackie) Brewer, and that his sister was named Joyce. She was sure they were the same person. She said she never knew that Joyce had been reported missing, or that she had run away from home. Anyways, I know I didn't really contribute anything "new", but maybe it will renew some interest in the thread.
Will you please contact me at czcaseresearcher@gmail.com
Or on Facebook April Dawn (Valenzuela)

Can you please tell
The part about the family believing she ran away with the boyfriend is the strangest part of this story, to me anyway. Did the family know who the boyfriend was? Is he missing? I would think in the 70s you would have to be at least 16 to get married so even if she ran away with an older boyfriend I doubt she could have married without a parent signing for permission. Does anybody know? Would you be able to get married younger than 16 if you were pregnant?
me where I can find the info on the family saying something about the boyfriend & California?
I have been researching a case and there’s a change this is one of the girls from my case.

I believe that info is in the first post of this thread on page one. The Charley Project just states that she left her house after an argument with her parents about staying out too late. I want to think the post on Charley Project has been revised and that this may be where the info about a boyfriend originally came from, but it might have come from Doe Network instead.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current NamUs Exclusion List for Joyce Creola Brewer? I would greatly appreciate it.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article261374552.html

Vanished: 10 of the oldest unsolved missing children cases in Fort Worth and Dallas

More than 350 children from Texas are considered missing, with kidnappings and disappearances going back to the 1950s, according to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

These 10 children from Fort Worth, Dallas, Arlington and Grand Prairie are among the oldest unsolved disappearances. They each vanished more than 20 years ago.

If you have any information about any of these cases, call 911 or the 24-hour tip line: 800-843-5678. You can also report suspected abuse and other information at missingkids.org.

1674770881709.png

Missing since: Sept. 6, 1970
Grand Prairie
Born: Jan 24, 1955
Age now: 67
Race: White

Joyce’s photo is shown age-progressed to 58 years. When she was 15, she was last seen on Sept. 6, 1970. Joyce has a scar on the underside of her left arm, the side of her chest, and her torso.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back