Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Telegraph is giving alot more details than lancs live. I'm following both as well as on here.

Please feel free to post the Lanc Telegraph updates if you are able to. It's always good to have multiple sources as they tend to give extra/slightly different information.

I can't access the Lanc Telegraph site properly on my computer for some reason, just doesn't load properly.

Please feel free to post the Lanc Telegraph updates if you are able to. It's always good to have multiple sources as they tend to give extra/slightly different information.

I can't access the Lanc Telegraph site properly on my computer for some reason, just doesn't load properly.

I don't know how to do it otherwise I would do. I'll try to post a link for people to follow.

12:05

Lindsay died 'shortly after the time she was reported missing'

Dr Naomi Carter said: “Ms Birbeck was a 47-year-old woman who had been in good health and was reported to be a regular distance runner.

“She was found dead in a shallow grave at a periphery of the cemetery 12 days later.

“There was severe degeneration of the body. Overall the state of post-mortem degeneration is in my view in keeping with Ms Birbeck having died shortly after the time she was reported to have gone missing - a post-mortem interval of approximately 12 days.

“I’m not able to exclude the possibility she died after that time”.

Lindsay Birbeck murder trial at Preston Crown Court - updates

DAY FOUR: Lindsay Birbeck trial continues. Witnesses to take the stand

12:06pm
She tells the jury: "Mrs Birbeck was a 47-year-old woman who was in good health and was a distance runner.

"She was found dead in a shallow grave 12 days later.

"A post mortem examinaton showed there was severe degeneration of the body.

"There was loss of layer of the skin and detachment of haid hair from the scalp.

12:00pm
Dr Carter is concluding her evidence

11:58am
The jury and judge have re-entered the courtroom

12:07
'I've never seen such extensive crushing injuries in 25 years'
Dr Naomi Carter said in her 25 years experience as a Home Office pathologist she had ‘never seen such extensive crushing damage to an entire larynx’.

She said there was ‘gross disruption of the deep neck structures’.

The jury was told that it was ‘unusually severe for simple compression of the neck’ for strangulation to be the ‘only explanation’.

Lindsay Birbeck murder trial at Preston Crown Court - updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member