Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And from Lanc Live -
Lindsay Birbeck murder trial at Preston Crown Court - updates

14:46
Trial adjourned until Tuesday
The trial has now adjourned and the jury are being sent home.

The Judge has said the trial will not sit on Monday, March 2, and will resume on Tuesday, March 3.

She has also reminded the jury of their oath and to not carry out their own research.

Thank you again for following our live blog.

We will bring you more updates from the trial on Tuesday morning.

14:44
Agreed facts now concluded
Prosecutor David McLachlan QC said the ‘agreed facts’ have now been concluded.

Her Honours Mrs Justice Yip told the jury: “In summary everything in the timeline is accepted as properly evidenced.”

14:42
CSI investigations and drone searches
The jury are now being told about CSI investigations at the rear of the Whitakers Arms on Burnley Road in Accrington and also drone searches of the area in September 2019.

14:33
Concrete plinth examined with blue lines
The jury have been told about a forensic scientist who went to Hillock Vale and examined two concrete plinths.

He said a pair of six blue lines were found on the concrete plinths and were consistent with the wheels and hinges being dragged over the plinths.

He suggests a blue wheelie bin was put on it’s back before being wheeled over the plinths and that the weight of the bin was too heavy to lower straight off the plinths.

DAY FOUR: Lindsay Birbeck trial continues - evidence suggests neck was 'stamped or knelt on'
2:29pm
PC Bowler is explaining that an area beside the Whitaker's Arms was searched, and forensic scientist Baxter observed a pair of six faint blue lines on concrete plinths, consistent with the wheels and hinges on a blue wheelie bin being dragged over the plinths.

He also observes blue pieces of plastic fragments.

He explains that samples were taken from the plinths.

He tells the jury that this suggests a blue wheelie bin was put on it's back before being wheeled over the plinth suggesting the weight of the bin was too heavy to simply lower over the plinth.

An examination of the blue bin found in the cemetery was carried out, and tests found that marks on that bin were in keeping with marks that could've been sustained had it been dragged over a concrete plinth.

do we think the concrete plinths are from the fence line on the path that leads up at the side of the pub or are they from behind Hillock vale mill shop where the scrap cars are?

Hi everyone. Still getting used to what I can and can't say so tell me if I'm out of hand.

From what I've gathered from the beginning when Lindsay went missing was and then found is that this had been planned..the name went round of who it was right away and that's the person in court. Everyone said he's covering up for someone else and with him being a kid he would get a less of a sentence..then he says it was an unknown man who killed her who he had never seen before. (Think he did know) and he just moved a badly for money. Which could be the case. Culture plays a massive part in this...they don't grass people up no matter what! So if it's someone he knows, friend or relative he will take the rap for it..or they have told him to with him being a kid..they would know he wouldn't get a full life term for murder so he could have been told to do it. I can't see how a 16 year old skinny lad had moved a 5ft 11 fully grown dead weight on his own...but saying that I know it's been done before when u look back in history and some murderers. The biggest question is why has he killed her...or if he didn't then why did the other person do it. Like someone has said about stranger murders...there very rare...there more so planned than anything else. The way she was killed is that of revenge/I really Wana hurt this person. It's not of someone who has just come across someone who they want to hurt if u know what I mean?

The pub that's being mentioned is closed and has been for a long time so no CCTV available there.

The police dog.. it wasn't let of the lead..so never went anywhere near the body. She was in a very secluded place so I don't think the dog could have found her...also depends what the dog is trained in. If it was a cadiver dog it was in a cemetery fill of death. It wouldn't have been easy.

The dog walker that found her had disturbed the body, well the dog had and that's the only reason she was found. If that dog hadn't of gone into that part she could still be there now.

It's definitely going to be interesting what is said in court today.

Moo

Obviously just thinking out loud and my opinion.

The thing about the 'Mysterious Hooded Man' is that there is no DNA evidence nor sightings (CCTV, witnesses) of any kind.

I presume that the defence's case in that respect will focus on this:

The defendant came upon the Hooded Man in the Coppice - where there is presumably no CCTV (and presumably no witness sightings).

The Hooded Man entered and exited the Coppice from the big area somewhere in the rough direction of the A56 (Accrington Bypass). Which is largely smaller 'back roads', farmland and open countryside - again presumably very easy to avoid any CCTV (as there is likely to be mostly none).

Surprisingly the actual place of death wasn't found. So there is no evidence from this area - including any possible DNA from the Hooded Man or the defendant.

Furthermore, as has been cautiously alluded to in some other posts. The particular 'culture' and 'section of the community' that the defendant belongs to is one that have contacts up and down the country and in most cases are virtually untouchable by the police force.
So any 'investigation' there is unlikely to have ever happened.

Add in the element of the Keystone cops. The dog handler and also the wheelie bin that was reported several times to the police by different people and largely ignored and you have several potentially crucial days that were missed (further decomposition of the body etc).

do we think the concrete plinths are from the fence line on the path that leads up at the side of the pub or are they from behind Hillock vale mill shop where the scrap cars are?

I was just going to ask if anyone could say where the plinths were - are they by the cut through to the left of Whitakers ( as you look at the map ) or are they on the right side of Whitakers, by the funeral parlour ?

I disagree i think if it was planned by somebody else, they wouldnt have him walking around with her body in a wheelie bin, more likely she woiuld have ended up in a canal or under a concrete slab, just my opinion. Also the police dog was near the wheelie bin because it was only 6 metres away, so i think the area should have been thoroughly checked. I think the police have messed up. Also the fact that nobody else has been seen or arrested makes me think lone wolf.

The other thing is. Why not bury the body somewhere on the Coppice or 'fielded area' adjacent to it?
It seems pretty stupid how you would take the body to the cemetery - where there is absolutely no way of avoiding a main road (Burnley Road) and hence a much greater chance of being seen by a whole host of people (householders, workmen, drivers etc.) and also potentially being caught on CCTV (which the defendant has been on numerous occasions).

That's terrible 'planning'.

Last edited:
like this sort of thing?

Similar but more like this
p-201-concrete-bases.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors