Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if T may have tried to throw LE off her tracks by putting her Apple Watch or some other device with someone else, either with or without that person's knowledge. There's such a mess around the cell phone, the Switch, the Apple Watch, her daughter coming home and leaving, etc, that I wonder if there's intentional obfuscation somewhere.
We had a couple people who are familiar with this sort of thing chime in. I guess the watch can tell if another person is wearing it.

It really is unfortunate that RD posted that video publicly because it gave TS time to come up with more excuses. If she never knew of its existence, it would have been even more proof against her if she would have stuck to her first initial statement. :(

I wondered that too. I suppose you could even put it on a dog somehow. But I am not sure if she was that thoughtful and calculated about this or if she was kinda reacting in the moment and making choices on the fly. What do you all think?
There’s a member who posted in detail on how these work. It’s on the first few pages of this thread. Basically it will still record if it’s on another person but notices the change in heartbeat and breathing pattern and notes that on the history as well. It knows if you’re not the original user and makes note of it.

so like leaving a cellphone behind will ensure you’re not tracked (by that device) it also sends a strong message if your pattern is not to leave it behind. So in court- if she is ever there, they can point out her lack of having the phone, which is off her usual pattern, taking Al’s truck and other odd things she did that deviated from her normal behavior. Basically building a circumstantial case.

Last edited:
We had a couple people who are familiar with this sort of thing chime in. I guess the watch can tell if another person is wearing it.

Yes, my understanding is unless it's a very old version it has gps and will store that information up to 30 days. It will transmit as soon as its connected back up. So the data stored on a trip without a cell phone connection would still record and transmit as soon as it's back connected. Could certainly be something overlooked by forgetful minds that leave phones behind. I'd defer to others more into that tech than myself, but that's my understanding.

It really is unfortunate that RD posted that video publicly because it gave TS time to come up with more excuses. If she never knew of its existence, it would have been even more proof against her if she would have stuck to her first initial statement. :(
Yet her excuses by all appearances are lies. It's still evidence whether we know about it or not.

Oh interesting. I missed this and it does make it more interesting if this is true! Anyone able to confirm she was really wearing it?
This was an excellent explanation of that technology:

Also, it 100% knows if she's the person wearing it, so it will note this as an issue with the data. The watch knows this in order to not calculate a different person's health data alongside yours. It will track and record the health info anyhow, but will note it as an anomaly, and that info will be in the data LE receives.

CO - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #21

I understand your point, however, I really don’t think it matters. IMO, LE was going to confront her about it anyways. It’s a solid piece of evidence. She was going to lie regardless, IMO.

I don't see how it could, and even if it could somehow, would it not still record location information? I know it can record some intimate stuff like a heart rate, but that is not determinative of identity. That sort of data could be helpful at trial, but I'm pretty sure that the device records location data as long as it's on, even if no one is wearing it.

I wondered that too. I suppose you could even put it on a dog somehow. But I am not sure if she was that thoughtful and calculated about this or if she was kinda reacting in the moment and making choices on the fly. What do you all think?
I believe forgetting to remove her Apple watch was an oversight. It is possible that someone else wore the watch, but highly unlikely. How does one approach another to do such a thing? "Hey, would you wear my Apple watch and take a drive along those back roads for a while, then return the watch to me ... please?" Nah, I don't think so.

I don't see how it could, and even if it could somehow, would it not still record location information? I know it can record some intimate stuff like a heart rate, but that is not determinative of identity. That sort of data could be helpful at trial, but I'm pretty sure that the device records location data as long as it's on, even if no one is wearing it.

Technology is crazy these days. Sure heart rate alone isnt indicative. But this is where AI (artificial intelligence) kicks in and begins to learn you. How many steps till and increased heart rate? Were you sitting still while blood pressure increased indictated eating? Is it the time you normally have all the same stats, hence dinner time? Were you at a new location? Higher elevation? I could go on, but basically these devices "learn you" - it's not just storing numbers. I have no doubt it could tell not only a different person wearing it, but also based off tons of past study data, determine your age/sex/race pretty quickly.

True...she can not keep her mouth shut. Which in turn, will hopefully be her demise.
Somebody posted a gif of a boxer with its head out the window and his lips were flapping in the wind. The caption read “Actual footage of Tee”
I pretty much died laughing - sorry if this is not appropriate but sometimes I need to break up this sadness with some laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288