Motive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that link. That is a hard video to find.

If those indeed are authentic messages from Sherrill’s actual answering machine; I noticed that there is no date stamp. Old school/tape recording answering machines would sometimes have an automated voice stating date and time. If this is the case (No date stamp) How did Staci’s mother know that the obscene message was from the day before? Unless, of course 48hrs omitted that part. I also find it interesting that she could remember that it was from the day before but not the contents.
It gets deleted from time to time, for what ever reason .
I recorded the original episode ( vhs) . It became unavailable for purchase from 48hours some time back .

That is a good point! I swear there was a picture with fingerprint powder in the kitchen. Even if I'm mistaken still they should have pictures of every room before processing. It wouldn't make sense to make beds and put everything back.

Attachments

• EF61DF4D-DF39-43BA-9F09-DCBBA24E3A4E.jpeg
    EF61DF4D-DF39-43BA-9F09-DCBBA24E3A4E.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 02085559-608F-40D2-9B4F-9EA1CDDAFC39.jpeg
    02085559-608F-40D2-9B4F-9EA1CDDAFC39.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 43
I hear a message, don't know when it was left or if it is authentic. And if played, why did it not erase like the other one that Stacy's mom heard. I think answering machine is red herring. I think perp knew of them, but did not know them.

IMO the motive was revenge. I believe that Suzie Streeter's ex had something to do with it. I saw on a page long ago on another site that Detective Webb told someone that he believes it had to do with satanism, hence the book in Suzie's room and the fact of what her ex had in his house. Whether that is true, who knows? But it seemed plausible to me.
I think Suzie was the target and her mom and Stacy had to be taken so they wouldn't talk.

But...then there is the theory about Cox...if he did it then his target was Stacy and Suzie and her mom had to be taken so they wouldn't talk.

That is one reason why this case is so confusing - there are so many possibilities and they all can make sense.

Ummm. we are 30 years past this, pretty sure if someone knew who did this and wanted reprisal, they would have acted in the last three decades.

Ummm. we are 30 years past this, pretty sure if someone knew who did this and wanted reprisal, they would have acted in the last three decades.
40 OR 50 KEY PEOPLE HAVE TALKED OVER THE PAST 20 YEARS AND IT LEADS INTO A CESS POOL BUT IT EASY TO FOLLOW

Does anyone think this crime would've happened no matter where they were? Like if they would've gone to Branson that night would the person/people have followed them?

Has anyone heard that the bodies are in tunnels downtown under Olive street?

Does anyone think this crime would've happened no matter where they were? Like if they would've gone to Branson that night would the person/people have followed them?

No, I think that house was what drew the perps there. Either that was the target (Sherril) or them being followed there granted perps the opportunity to hit an isolated house on a very quiet street. T

No, I think that house was what drew the perps there. Either that was the target (Sherril) or them being followed there granted perps the opportunity to hit an isolated house on a very quiet street. T

That's where I wonder about this entire thing - that's why I don't think it was random....I don't think anyone would choose out of nowhere to take out three women at once. If one were the target it would make sense to wait till they were alone and it would be easier? Sherill was apparently there alone for awhile painting - why not then? Why wait till she wasn't alone? And I'm sure if Suzie was a target she was alone sometimes while her mom was at work, hence another opportunity. Stacy didn't even live there so I tend to think what happened to her was 'wrong place wrong time'.
In my own theory my money is on Suzie's ex. I think he is the only one that had motive. Imo he was so mad he wouldn't have cared who was there at what time and since he was into devil worship the fact that there were three may have actually made him glad. IF it were him, imo, they will never be found. But that's just a theory. I think it will be solved someday unless all the killers are deceased.

That's where I wonder about this entire thing - that's why I don't think it was random....I don't think anyone would choose out of nowhere to take out three women at once. If one were the target it would make sense to wait till they were alone and it would be easier? Sherill was apparently there alone for awhile painting - why not then? Why wait till she wasn't alone? And I'm sure if Suzie was a target she was alone sometimes while her mom was at work, hence another opportunity. Stacy didn't even live there so I tend to think what happened to her was 'wrong place wrong time'.
In my own theory my money is on Suzie's ex. I think he is the only one that had motive. Imo he was so mad he wouldn't have cared who was there at what time and since he was into devil worship the fact that there were three may have actually made him glad. IF it were him, imo, they will never be found. But that's just a theory. I think it will be solved someday unless all the killers are deceased.

Who is to say that the killer was not already in the house? Maybe Sherrill was the target, maybe the perp was in the house, terrorizing Sherrill. They could have been in that house for hours with her, maybe raping her. Then, the two girls come home unannounced. The perps hide in Sherrill's room, wait for the opportunity to attack the girls. Of course, removing them from the house would entail further attacks. I believe there is a rumor about a Galloping Goose party.

Who is to say that the killer was not already in the house? Maybe Sherrill was the target, maybe the perp was in the house, terrorizing Sherrill. They could have been in that house for hours with her, maybe raping her. Then, the two girls come home unannounced. The perps hide in Sherrill's room, wait for the opportunity to attack the girls. Of course, removing them from the house would entail further attacks. I believe there is a rumor about a Galloping Goose party.
Sherrill’s closet was the only thing in the house that was a mess. Remarkably so. She was said to be very tidy. In my experience; tidy people are tidy throughout. Including their closets. The perp could of gained access, abducted and removed Sherrill (or tied her up) and hid in her closet (with or without Sherrill) waiting for Suzie (surprised with Stacy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member