Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

eucalyptuz

Reaction score
Teenage girl found dead on a Laurentian road was a victim of homicide: SQ
upload_2020-2-27_14-20-52.jpeg
The body of Océane Boyer, 13, was found by a passerby at 11:15 a.m. She was declared dead in hospital and police said her body bore marks of violence.
The girl’s parents had reported her missing Wednesday evening. Her mother, Caroline Sarrasin, said Océane had left for school as usual on Wednesday morning.

The SQ has designated her death a homicide. No arrests have been made thus far.
Teenage girl found dead on a Laurentian road was a victim of homicide: SQ

Océane was last seen leaving her home in Lachute on Wednesday morning. It's not yet known whether she made it to Lavigne Polyvalente, her high school.

The girl's parents reported her missing Wednesday afternoon when they didn't hear from her after school.

I'm glad they quickly made an arrest but it's ludicrous that it's not known if she was at school that day. Time and time again I see gaps in the public safety net in Canada, shrugged off oversights that would have definitely ended careers in the US. Hopefully she was at school that day and it just hasn't been reported to the media because if she never showed up and no one made any note of it until she didn't come home to her family, that's hours that she could have been found alive.

when I worked at the school here in Alberta you had a deadline to input all the absent students on the system bc it was a automatic system that called home to inform the parents the child was absent. Most parents called in before then to say their child was going to be absent so they wouldnt get a call. Not sure how it works in other provinces though.

That's how it's supposed to work here in the US as well. If an abductor called in impersonating a parent calling a child off sick, it would probably slip through considering how many get processed every day but I'm not aware of that happening. Abductors rarely plan, at least not the murdering variety.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/oceane-boyer-first-degree-murder-lachute-1.5479553

Océane Boyer's parents sat in the front row of the courtroom in Saint-Jérôme, Que., Friday, staring at the man who was their longtime friend. The man's daughter burst into tears as her father entered the room.

François Sénécal, 51, kept his head down, never uttering a word, barely making eye contact with the judge as he was charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of 13-year-old Océane.

"If she wanted something, she just had to ask him, and it was done, she had it," says Madeleine Sarrazin, Océane's great aunt. I always said that the relationship was not healthy. A man of that age who always wants to be with a little girl, between you and me, it rings bells."

She had a lot of distrust of Sénécal and even talked about it with Océane’s parents. They had then decided to distance themselves from him recently, according to Ms. Sarrazin.

Meurtre d'Océane Boyer: droguée avant d’être tuée

Everything indicates that Sénécal picked up the young Océane Wednesday, shortly after 8 am, when she had just left her home to go to school.

According to our sources, he took her to his home in Brownsburg-Chatham, where he wanted to knock her out with drugs and alcohol. Shortly after, he allegedly killed her with a blunt object, before abandoning her bruised body on the edge of a small, isolated street some 20 km north of his home.

Around 5:30 p.m., seeing that their teenage daughter was not coming home after school, Océane's parents reported her disappearance to the police. Sénécal would then have pushed the odious to offer his help to the parents in order to locate it.

"When I told you what he had done to Océane, you started to cry [...], you even dared to ask me to do research with you, in Brownsburg, you wanted me to find with you [...] or else you would have gotten rid of me too, " published Caroline Sarrazin, the mother of the little one, on her Facebook page, Friday around 8 am.

Like many members of Océane’s entourage, François Sénécal was questioned by investigators shortly after the discovery of her body. They quickly placed him on the list of potential suspects, including that he may have lied about his whereabouts, sources said. He is said to have told the police that he was in one place, when they had geolocated his cell phone and knew it elsewhere. Investigators finally arrested him at around 2:30 p.m. Thursday in Montreal.

Being friends with the Boyer family for several years, Sénécal had seen Océane grow. Relatives told us that he always covered her with gifts. The duo also did activities together on a regular basis, including shopping.

Last edited:
Google Translate

The alleged killer of little Océane, 13, found dead in an isolated area of Brownsburg-Chatham on Wednesday, would have forced her to consume a large dose of medicine and alcohol before beating her to death with a blunt object.

Océane Boyer's mother sent a message to the presumed murderer of her daughter, early Friday morning, on Facebook, where she expresses her distress and frustration with the man she once considered a friend.

“For 20 years of my life, I opened the door for you. You were supposedly a (friend), if you can call it a (friend). You had all our confidence, but in the end [...] you took away our little ball of energy. "

"You took advantage of her, and then you felt the hot soup [...] You killed her so that she wouldn't speak, but too late [...] the whole world knows. "

“The hardest part is your loved ones; when they will really realize who you really were ” - Caroline Sarrazin, mother of Océane Boyer

Ugh it still is seeming like if the school had noticed something unusual about her absence and taken swift action, this guy's house might have been one of the first places to be checked considering his suspicious relationship with her and the family recently ending it.

when I worked at the school here in Alberta you had a deadline to input all the absent students on the system bc it was a automatic system that called home to inform the parents the child was absent. Most parents called in before then to say their child was going to be absent so they wouldnt get a call. Not sure how it works in other provinces though.

When I moved here to Nova Scotia I received an automated call on my new landline from an elementary school about an absent child.

I called the school to correct the error but to also speak to the principal. What if I hadn’t been home or called back?

My new neighbour is a retired teacher and she followed up on it: they eventually changed it back to an office worker making the calls.

The killer is the person to blame here, he did the worst thing on earth. But if something slipped through the cracks that made it easier for him to carry this out, I hope there are changes made.

When I moved here to Nova Scotia I received an automated call on my new landline from an elementary school about an absent child.

I called the school to correct the error but to also speak to the principal. What if I hadn’t been home or called back?

My new neighbour is a retired teacher and she followed up on it: they eventually changed it back to an office worker making the calls.

The killer is the person to blame here, he did the worst thing on earth. But if something slipped through the cracks that made it easier for him to carry this out, I hope there are changes made.

I should clarify, its an automated system. Parents register with a contact number they can be reached at, usually work or cell phone number as a primary contact then there is another number that is called if there is no answer or a message has been left. So there is a backup call made at all times if no one answers the first call.
I agree, there is no one to blame but the killer.

François Sénécal's son Maxime:

"... The links are easy to do, but I do not like that that are done. Or it's impossible, it's not him, he just left to grieve because he really loved Océane and he didn't want to accept it. We weren't sure if he was arrested at first, because there was a short dark period when we didn't know what was happening. The more I learn the facts, the more the links are made, unfortunately..."

«Plus j’apprends les faits, plus les liens se font» - le fils de François Sénécal

Last edited:
oceane-meurtre-brownsburg-chatham.jpg

Océane Boyer
June 2, 2006 - February 26, 2020

Tragically, in Brownsburg-Chatham, on February 26, 2020, oceane Boyer died at the age of 13. Daughter of Francis Boyer and Caroline Sarrazin.

Besides her parents, she is survived by her sister Cassandra Sarrazin (Maxime), her brother Olivier Boyer, her grandparents Marcel Sarrazin (Céline Vadnais) and Suzanne Charles, Guy Boyer and Francine Cardinal, her great-grandmothers Reina Vadnais and Yvonne Charles Demers, her uncles and aunts, her cousins as well as other relatives and many friends.

The funeral service will be held on Friday, March 6, 2020 at 11 a.m. at St. Anastasia Church, 174 Bethany Street, Lachute, Que. J8H 2M1. The family will be present at the church from 9:30 a.m. to receive your condolences.

Avis de décès de Océane Boyer

ST-JEROME, Que. — The suspect charged with first-degree murder in the violent death of a 13-year-old Quebec girl appeared in court briefly Wednesday, his feet and hands shackled.

Francois Senecal, 51, charged in connection with the death of Oceane Boyer, never looked toward the audience in the courtroom, which included the family of the young victim he had known since she was born.

Boyer’s body was found by the side of a road in Quebec’s Laurentians region last Wednesday. Police said the 13-year-old’s body showed signs of violence.

The criminal procedures against Senecal are in their preliminary stages. Evidence against him has not yet been fully delivered to his defence lawyer, Simon Brisson-Dolci.

The hearing lasted a few minutes, after which Judge Carol Richer of Quebec court said proceedings would resume March 20.

Richer granted a request by prosecutor Steve Baribeau, who asked her to release the warrants police obtained to investigate the case.

Baribeau told reporters after the brief court hearing that the warrants had been sealed and no one had access to them. “The judge ordered the warrants to be opened so that the defence can get access to the motives that allowed police to execute the warrants,” he said.

He didn’t want to discuss the nature of the warrants, however. The judge also issued a publication ban on their contents.

Baribeau told reporters it was too early to know whether other charges will be laid against the accused.

Senecal was arrested last Thursday, a day after the teen’s body was found in Brownsburg-Chatham, about 70 kilometres northwest of Montreal.

Accused of killing Océane Boyer, 13, François Sénécal returns to court

I’m sorry to quote my own post. This possibly relates to flaws in schools’ automated call system for absent children, the murder of Océane Boyer and the current Amber Alert in Toronto for missing Shammah Jolayemi.

As with Océane, Shammah’s parents were not notified until 6:00 pm of his absence. He was abducted at around 8:30 am on his was to school.

upload_2020-3-5_19-2-30.jpeg

I should clarify, its an automated system. Parents register with a contact number they can be reached at, usually work or cell phone number as a primary contact then there is another number that is called if there is no answer or a message has been left. So there is a backup call made at all times if no one answers the first call.
I agree, there is no one to blame but the killer.
When society fails to protect an innocent child we are all to blame. It's only a question of degrees.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackstrt097877
Back