Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I'm trying to figure out this mileage in question and road trip calculators are making me even more confused. I'm not understanding why SM is stating she decided to rent a car in case Gannon recognized their vehicles yet the car was returned the very next day. Was she only planning on "searching" for him for a day? Everything she's said basically cancels prior statements. It feels like she's either playing a game and getting off on it or subconsciously admitting possible guilt.
Hello Noob2020, welcome to WS! We are glad to have you posting on the forum :)
The confusion that you are experiencing is nothing to be alarmed about, as some of us are suffering as well. As you attempt to comprehend TS's incomprehensible splanations, numbness, headaches and dizziness are also common.

You raise a great point! I guess since she didn't find him that day, she returned the car the next afternoon. Yep.

There's no way of knowing whether or not she got gas (paid with cash?) during her travels.
Could be determined if gas stations keep video that long. Would be a tedious job to find it, but I think there are clues to where she was and some LEO can go through the gas-station possibilities....if they need to. I think they will be able to determine her whereabouts. I'm hopeful, anyway.

jmo

Colorado Springs Airport is ~ 8 miles from the Stauch rental home.

Why rent a vehicle for such a short distance?
Why not drive the truck?

Oh - it's nothing weird. She just didn't want Gannon, who she now says was kidnapped, to recognize their cars in case he took off...apparently he turned into a wild child of the street in 24 hrs. Also, for all that door to door searching she did, she wanted a car with better gas mileage! So she rented a whole extra car and paid for 2 days when she used it for one. Didn't everyone learn this logic in Budgeting 101?

Sounds like I am being facetious....but that is exactly what she said.

Last edited:
So if we think it’s possible she drove between 400-955 miles the day after, do any of you think this increases the chance she DID know where Gannon was and moved him (alive) to an out of state relative? Or does it make you suspicious she moved the body far away? Or what other theories...?

Maybe someone else drove this car too? Extra day possible per receipt. She could have picked up her own car from airport and never been missed. Just an idea, not really stuck on it.

I think she was desperate to keep her husband out of that truck and that's why she rented the car. I can just hear her telling him some stupid reason and 'Gannon is so mad at me, he's gonna run from us if he sees our car, blah, blah, lies...' Then they rent the car, AS never sees the truck until T has taken care of it - maybe it needed cleaning to hide evidence or God forbid, Gannon was stored in it until she had time to hide him. I hate writing that, but she had to have driven something to the airport to pick up AS, even though they left in a rental so I think it could be possible. I would love to know what time she left home to return the rental compared to when she actually returned it. If there's a big gap in there, I'm worried that she was up to something. jmo, MOO
Maybe I've got it wrong, I thought she drove her VW SUV to the airport? If that is true, the red truck would be waiting for him at home. I guess she didn't actually say that in the article, but that was filled in here.

Is Leigh still here? Did she actually say she drove the VW to the airport, leaving it there? As opposed to the red truck?

I don't think Gannon was ever in that rental. There would be evidence of such and that would have nailed her. I do think some evidence was likely discarded and a visit to wherever she left poor Gannon with the rental. I knew that dang rental tied in. As I said a reporter asked LE that very question in an early presser. It stuck in my brain that reporter knows something.
Bravo could you expand on the rental? I was late to the search. Was she prespaining the rental early on?

Could be determined if gas stations keep video that long. Would be a tedious job to find it, but I think there are clues to where she was and some LEO can go through the gas-station possibilities....if they need to. I think they will be able to determine her whereabouts. I'm hopeful, anyway.

jmo
especially if she is using credit cards!

Is there any way to confirm if that particular rental agency, that car specifically, has a GPS tracker on the car?

I’m so afraid she moved him, and did it in the rental in order to try to avoid detection. She wasn’t worried about being ‘economical’ - That’s obvious from the additional day charge and the empty tank upon return. Her excuses don’t match her actions.

My guess is nobody stayed in that home for more than a day after Gannon went missing, and was upgraded to missing/endangered.

I believe LS found a way to start an argument, stormed off playing the victim, and got to work with whatever she did in the rental car until 1:20pm Wednesday.

I just pray LE was still able to track her movements during that time. If she did get tracked to the same location the day he went missing, and again after he was reported missing, I bet it was while she had the rental car, and the most important places to search will be wherever she went after she returned to the same spot twice.

Moo

955 miles / avg. 60 miles an hour = ~ 16 hours.

That's assuming a constant 60 MPH velocity the entire drive, just to give an idea of how long she would have to drive to cover that distance. We have to assume it wasn't all highway travel so obviously, the drive time would be longer.

30 MPH avg would take ~ 32 hours.

Something's amiss.

I am a day behind now in this thread so don’t know if this has been brought up- but re: RD being right or wrong to share video. One thing I noticed in the Fox (Denver, not COS) interview, was that RD was wearing an Army pullover. That was the first time I saw him so my first impression made me think he may be military (MOO). And considering the military’s help in the search, I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

We are not permitted to sleuth him. I don't see how whether he's military has any bearing on whether what he did was "right or wrong." We all have different ethical systems. I think he was way into the right, others have disagreed here on WS.

I just had a thought...maybe she left the truck at the airport rental car place because she didn't have time to properly clean it and didn't want LE looking over it while they were under the impression Gannon was still a runaway. So she might have drove back the next morning and took the truck for a thorough cleaning. Unless she rented the car and her husband drove the truck back to the house.

Ok I have a couple of questions and I am hoping that anyone here with a Psych background can help me out.

DOES SHE REALLY THINK WE ARE FALLING FOR ALL OF THIS?

DOES SHE THINK WE BELIEVE HER AND HER EXPLANATIONS MAKE SENSE?

WHY DOESN'T SHE SHUT UP?

OMG!

Sorry, I know I'm yelling. I'm not yelling at anyone here I promise. What in God's Name is wrong with this woman?
Yes and No, some of us have actually had to deal w/ this type person, w/ only Ts interviews and actions reported here, hard to say... some of it is actually true, but by now she doesn’t remember what she said to begin w/...LE will have to find Gannon w/o her input, ie, she left him somewhere while being lost, so she “really does not know where he is.” The scariest part about this?...I always thought my sister, was too dumb to be dangerous. Watching this unfold, I have to be thankful her sons are now adults and no grandchildren....my epiphany came when I was trying to get health care info about my almost blind, deaf mother and ran into roadblocks, I am quite sure she did not check on her for at least three weeks, probably more...there are many more chapters, but my sister would never have admitted that... most of their lies are inconsequential, but even those cause chaos and pain...I know I am texting way too much, but people like TS are everywhere, you are shouting because “psychologically healthy” (jmo) distance themselves from these types...drama queens, etc. self preservation mode kicks in...I am not shouting, been there, done that...

Wait, her step-son goes missing the Monday evening before she rents a car at 8am Tues and returns it Wed at 1:20 pm. Drives round trip around 950 miles somewhere???!!!

Where the blue blazes was she and how did she account for her missing time!!!???

edited to add: ...and was it her alone time from 8am until AS arrives. Then they go to (“all the driveways in CO” sarcasm) and then she drives around again Wed before 1:20 pm? Or did she do the full 950 miles in one stretch?! Just, OH MY OH MY!

M (confused) OO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members