IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. 5’11”. Or 71 inches tall.
The railing is 42” tall. SA is 29” taller than the railing. Granted the body will not be able to hinge forward to fully extend the surplus 29”, but it will have quite is bit of leverage. And the window, at most, is 18” from the outside of the railing. So it is NOT “ physically impossible” to breach the window.
And viewing that video again for about the 30th time, SA gets quite a bit of bend when he leans over the railing. He absolutely knew that window was open.
Yes, I noticed from the videos he is able to lean over from the waist almost 45%. IMO (based on my own rounder stomach), once he got his belly over and above the rail, it probably helped hold him. Maybe he stood on his toes to get there, but he looked stuck.

MOO

The railing is 42” tall. SA is 29” taller than the railing. Granted the body will not be able to hinge forward to fully extend the surplus 29”, but it will have quite is bit of leverage. And the window, at most, is 18” from the outside of the railing. So it is NOT “ physically impossible” to breach the window.
And viewing that video again for about the 30th time, SA gets quite a bit of bend when he leans over the railing. He absolutely knew that window was open.

The window is only NINE inches from the edge of the wood railing. Hence my belief his head was either actually outside the window when he leaned over, or soooo close to the edge there was literally no way he could think there was glass there. He's totally lying - imo.

That’s what I can’t get out of my head, the way he bends way over as though he’s either looking for something, or at something in particular. He actually bends over at close to a 90 degree angle, then looks down and around at the pier area, as with a purpose.... with his head OUT the window.

I will always have the question... not only what was he doing, but why. It would be so good to have a truthful answer, but I’m not expecting one.

This is a wonderful, mature platform to discuss the true tragedy of Chloe Wiegand.

I don’t know why this has struck a chord in me , I don’t usually follow stories as I have this
one.

Chloe’s life was tragically and horrifically taken from her and I say taken because that is what I feel SA did.
Both parents chose careers that involve enforcement of laws and to ensure justice is served.
But when the police and DA of the jurisdiction asked for cooperation, they resisted in assisting in the simplest ways that would ensure justice was truly served for their daughter.
Although justice in their personal heartbreaking situation will be accepting the fact that SA was responsible for the death of their daughter.

There is a picture of Chloe and her older brother when they are first boarding the Freedom of the Seas, and something about it is disconcerting to me.
In almost all of Chloe’s photos she is smiling with that most amazing smile with a certain twinkle in her eyes, But in the photo taken when they were boarding Chloe doesn’t have that smile or twinkle in her eyes.
It could be that she was tired from the long trip or overwhelmed with the travel .
That photo just sticks in my head though.
I pray for her family , I pray for her.
chloe 1 .jpg chloe 2.jpg

I just saw the ships leaving Port Everglades on a webcam. So many of the ships show people standing at railings or balconies waving good bye. Anyone could throw someone over the railing which is only chest high. So I guess that could be a safety issue, but most people know not to do that. So if the windows are not safe, what about the railings. These were four or five ships, all different cruise lines. Do we punish everyone for the actions of a few?
There was a case where an 8-year-old girl fell from an interior balcony on a Carnival ship who was possibly jostled by people trying to disembark. The family filed a lawsuit a couple of months later and the suit was ultimately settled. You can Google Zion Smith for more info.

Because of the settlement there's no information about how it occurred. In that case the family was only quoted once in msm and unlike the Wiegands didn't go on a press tour. I have to wonder what they think of this lawsuit. Do they think maybe they should have done similar in hopes of a bigger settlement? Do they think the Wiegands are wrong? I don't know because they haven't spoken out.

But it does beg the question of whether or not future suits will also be played out in msm because people feel it will net a larger settlement. If that happens then that will be the true legacy of Chloe's death, not about forcing a cruise line to "fix the boat, just fix it." Bottom line for the Wiegands is IMO $$. MOO.

And how can that end the nightmare? Isn't the real nightmare the fact that their sweet baby died a brutal death? That will never end.

What baby? :mad: The immediate media saturation of SA toeing the company line and still blaming everyone but himself for sweet Chloe’s horrifying death makes his guilty plea all but worthless IMO.

In fact, he is such an awesome, selfless, not guilty *wink* person he makes himself a hero for changing his plea! Whataguy! Psst...look at all the other people who killed their kids, don’t look at him!

And now they can finally mourn since that nightmare is over? Now that he intends to plead guilty the family can mourn Chloe? What...? *Here comes my hero* I would feel the opposite if my family member pleaded guilty to killing my child. Chloe’s parents seem to be okay with this? I feel like I’m in an alternate universe after reading all this bs.

Now the family can properly get down to business with the suing of RCCL. Sorry if my thoughts are disjointed or don’t make sense, this is coming from an angry mind.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing these. It's a very good example of the difference. These are huge obvious windows. The other ones were smaller. Personally I'd prefer these ones.
Do you prefer these windows because of the safety aspect or another reason?

If in regards to safety, the RCCL windows have a more distinctive, darker tint, obvious visible handles to open and close them, and safety railings so far away from the actual window that it made it “impossible” (according to defense attorneys and their re-enactments), for Chloe to have fallen out the window. Because it was so super safe. So did SA have to shove her extra hard to clear all the safety implements? Defense seems to be their own worst enemy.

What baby? :mad: The immediate media saturation of SA toeing the company line and still blaming everyone but himself for sweet Chloe’s horrifying death makes his guilty plea all but worthless IMO.

In fact, he is such an awesome, selfless, not guilty *wink* person he makes himself a hero for changing his plea! Whataguy! Psst...look at all the other people who killed their kids, don’t look at him!

And now they can finally mourn since that nightmare is over? Now that he intends to plead guilty the family can mourn Chloe? What...? *Here comes my hero* I would feel the opposite if my family member pleaded guilty to killing my child. Chloe’s parents seem to be okay with this? I feel like I’m in an alternate universe after reading all this bs.

Now the family can properly get down to business with the suing of RCCL. Sorry if my thoughts are disjointed or don’t make sense, this is coming from an angry mind.

Agree totally with your post, especially when you say SA is making it sound like he is the hero in all this, now that he has changed his plea. You said it perfectly.

This is a wonderful, mature platform to discuss the true tragedy of Chloe Wiegand.

I don’t know why this has struck a chord in me , I don’t usually follow stories as I have this
one.

Chloe’s life was tragically and horrifically taken from her and I say taken because that is what I feel SA did.
Both parents chose careers that involve enforcement of laws and to ensure justice is served.
But when the police and DA of the jurisdiction asked for cooperation, they resisted in assisting in the simplest ways that would ensure justice was truly served for their daughter.
Although justice in their personal heartbreaking situation will be accepting the fact that SA was responsible for the death of their daughter.

There is a picture of Chloe and her older brother when they are first boarding the Freedom of the Seas, and something about it is disconcerting to me.
In almost all of Chloe’s photos she is smiling with that most amazing smile with a certain twinkle in her eyes, But in the photo taken when they were boarding Chloe doesn’t have that smile or twinkle in her eyes.
It could be that she was tired from the long trip or overwhelmed with the travel .
That photo just sticks in my head though.
I pray for her family , I pray for her.
View attachment 235372 View attachment 235374
Very thoughtful post. And, I too, cannot comprehend the unwillingness of the family to cooperate with PR authorities in order to determine what the how/ whys of what happened to their daughter. If they had nothing to hide, they should be seeking every possible venue to get justice for their child. Furthermore, as LE people themselves, they would know how to handle the inquiries.
It appears to most objective observers that the Wiegands were more interested in starting the blame game, likely with the expectation of a large, quick monetary settlement.
Many folks claimed that the family was too distraught to deal with PR LE, but apparently this did not deter them from retaining a civil attorney within 36 hours of the incident or fully blaming RCL without all the facts if the incident being presented.

It is very difficult to maintain any feelings of sympathy for SA and KSW, and to some extent, AW. All my sympathies at this point remain with Chloe and her brother.

Very thoughtful post. And, I too, cannot comprehend the unwillingness of the family to cooperate with PR authorities in order to determine what the how/ whys of what happened to their daughter. If they had nothing to hide, they should be seeking every possible venue to get justice for their child. Furthermore, as LE people themselves, they would know how to handle the inquiries.
It appears to most objective observers that the Wiegands were more interested in starting the blame game, likely with the expectation of a large, quick monetary settlement.
Many folks claimed that the family was too distraught to deal with PR LE, but apparently this did not deter them from retaining a civil attorney within 36 hours of the incident or fully blaming RCL without all the facts if the incident being presented.

It is very difficult to maintain any feelings of sympathy for SA and KSW, and to some extent, AW. All my sympathies at this point remain with Chloe and her brother.
Thanks for your response .
I too thought it peculiar when their authority said the family was too distraught to give statements, respond to subpoena, BUT their was an almost immediate Facebook post and an account was made during those days when they couldn't deal with authorities on a website called weremember.con. where KWS was able to post photos and responses to comments. I dont want to sound insensitive but this specific KSW post
( I'm providing screenshot)sounded a bit off to me.
What also was disturbing to me was in their first interview when the reporter asked " do you blame anyone " KSW looked enraged that the question was leaning towards " do you blame SA"
It caught me off guard that she would become so offended. I cannot comprehend the possibility of their seeking a huge payout when All evidence and actions points to SA being the sole reason why Chloes died in the most horrific way. They say they are suing so the cruise line will correct the supposed hazard. They can 100 percent advocate for safety without a penny .
I have watched both views of the video and even with the grainy quality from the front view, you can CLEARLY SEE the difference between the windows that are opened and the ones that aren't.
I don't believe SA even put her on the railing because SA hoisted Chloe up way too high , I think she was outside of railing. From the front view of recordings it looks as if Chloe just vanished.
There is something sinister with SA actions from the beginning.
Why would SA be crying " I dropped my baby,I dropped my baby"
HIS BABY?

Attachments

• 20200301_073604.jpg
    20200301_073604.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 92
I too thought it peculiar when their authority said the family was too distraught to give statements, respond to subpoena, BUT their was an almost immediate Facebook post and an account was made during those days when they couldn't deal with authorities on a website called weremember.con. where KWS was able to post photos and responses to comments. I dont want to sound insensitive but this specific KSW post
What also was disturbing to me was in their first interview when the reporter asked " do you blame anyone " KSW looked enraged that the question was leaning towards " do you blame SA"
It caught me off guard that she would become so offended. I cannot comprehend the possibility of their seeking a huge payout when All evidence and actions points to SA being the sole reason why Chloes died in the most horrific way. They say they are suing so the cruise line will correct the supposed hazard. They can 100 percent advocate for safety without a penny .
I have watched both views of the video and even with the grainy quality from the front view, you can CLEARLY SEE the difference between the windows that are opened and the ones that aren't.
I don't believe SA even put her on the railing because SA hoisted Chloe up way too high , I think she was outside of railing. From the front view of recordings it looks as if Chloe just vanished.
HIS BABY?

Very good posts. You say exactly how I feel. Thank you.

HIS BABY?
You're voicing exactly the same thoughts and questions I myself and many others have about this case. I believe from the video that SA had his head outside the window, and as you that Chloe was put outside the window as well. Agree this was more than mere recklessness on his part, as in, yes, sinister.
Thank you so much for joining Chloe's thread, Mommaz!

Very well said !

Agree with many of the above posts and have said what I see happening from the msm articles alone.
What a strange reaction from this family.
If it was anyone else I'd say it was beyond hinky.
But only SA has been charged and everyone else involved are victims ; but their behavior doesn't come across as innocent victims.

Since SA is the only person charged with criminal negligent homicide --- the love and support from Chloe's parents is unfathomable.
Very odd how the entire clan is keeping their mouths shut, from the paternal grands to the wife of SA .

And this supposed plea will ensure that no witness can come forward and speak as to what they observed.
Unless the judge doesn't agree and puts a clause on the plea.

Do you prefer these windows because of the safety aspect or another reason?

If in regards to safety, the RCCL windows have a more distinctive, darker tint, obvious visible handles to open and close them, and safety railings so far away from the actual window that it made it “impossible” (according to defense attorneys and their re-enactments), for Chloe to have fallen out the window. Because it was so super safe. So did SA have to shove her extra hard to clear all the safety implements? Defense seems to be their own worst enemy.
bbm
Exactly.
The video from the side view was telling.
He seemed to lift her up above his head and shoulders and thrust her forward.
No way did he set her on the railing or even set her on the window ledge.
He lifted her out and dangled her in the air--- just like the ship employees and PR LE said --"An act of 'games'."

HIS BABY?
bbm
ITA.
Interesting reaction ! ^^^

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark (& this family) !

We just boarded Liberty of the Seas for a week long cruise out of Galveston and the first thing I did was look out the 11th floor windows (which you could CLEARLY tell we’re open or closed) and I literally get sick to my stomach.

Not that anyone needed to confirmation of any of that but geez, it really puts it in perspective when you see it first hand.

Very well said !

Agree with many of the above posts and have said what I see happening from the msm articles alone.
What a strange reaction from this family.
If it was anyone else I'd say it was beyond hinky.
But only SA has been charged and everyone else involved are victims ; but their behavior doesn't come across as innocent victims.

Since SA is the only person charged with criminal negligent homicide --- the love and support from Chloe's parents is unfathomable.
Very odd how the entire clan is keeping their mouths shut, from the paternal grands to the wife of SA .

And this supposed plea will ensure that no witness can come forward and speak as to what they observed.
Unless the judge doesn't agree and puts a clause on the plea.

bbm
Exactly.
The video from the side view was telling.
He seemed to lift her up above his head and shoulders and thrust her forward.
No way did he set her on the railing or even set her on the window ledge.
He lifted her out and dangled her in the air--- just like the ship employees and PR LE said --"An act of 'games'."

bbm
ITA.
Interesting reaction ! ^^^

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark (& this family) !
Please forgive me, I'm not really versed on acronyms can you explain what is bbm . I literally only know a few like lol, imo . I dont communicate very much via posts so I am learning!!

HIS BABY?
Oh my, I wouldn’t have thought of creating an online memorial page so soon after it happened. I believe they were still in PR on the 12th. That page and the several fund raiser’s strike a publicity response, kind of like sharing with the world. I realize I’m old, but I am much more private in sharing sadness in my life.

MOO

We just boarded Liberty of the Seas for a week long cruise out of Galveston and the first thing I did was look out the 11th floor windows (which you could CLEARLY tell we’re open or closed) and I literally get sick to my stomach.

Not that anyone needed to confirmation of any of that but geez, it really puts it in perspective when you see it first hand.
:(

You're voicing exactly the same thoughts and questions I myself and many others have about this case. I believe from the video that SA had his head outside the window, and as you that Chloe was put outside the window as well. Agree this was more than mere recklessness on his part, as in, yes, sinister.
Thank you so much for joining Chloe's thread, Mommaz!
Thank You!!
It is beyond pathetic that SA has been seeking pity & support for being responsible for the death of Chloe.
In every interview and comments made he becomes more emboldened to blame anyone and everyone but himself. SA truly truly thought from the moment he threw himself to ground after allowing Chloe to fall to her death; that he could " gaslight " everyone into believing it was not his fault. I dont think he realized every action he took in leading Chloe to her death would be recorded.
What's more is a thing called body language.
SA body language betrays the story he has been trying to spin.
In his first interview, SA attempted to sob. But there were no visible tears.
In the video he knows the window is open, he looks out the window & down & around . He hoisted Chloe above the railing into the open window & only held onto her with ONE ARM . From what we can see from front view of video Chloe was Not attempting to bang on glass, Chloe knew there wasn't ANY glass to bang on.
In that grainy recording you can see Chloes adorable bonnet because the SUN is reflecting the pure whiteness.
Then that bonnett & its pure whiteness just disappears.
SA subconcious betrayed him in his interview, he admitted he watched her fall. SA didn't say he attempted to prevent her from falling . He said he watched her fall.
I think his attempt to gaslight was derailed when the video was released.
You can not spin what was on that video. Their attempt to recreate the sce6to disprove the video was utterly shameful.
But in this attempt they made statements that contradict their entire basis for the civil lawsuit.
They claim that it was IMPOSSIBLE for SA to lean his body over the railing and have his head out the window . They in turn are admitting that it would be impossible for a toddler , by itself to be in jeopardy of leaning its body out of that window.
There was only one element of jeopardy for Chloe and it SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419