IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, I wouldn’t have thought of creating an online memorial page so soon after it happened. I believe they were still in PR on the 12th. That page and the several fund raiser’s strike a publicity response, kind of like sharing with the world. I realize I’m old, but I am much more private in sharing sadness in my life.

MOO
The first date I saw for this weremember.con was on July 12th.
I just found it odd ,you're too distraught to speak to authorities but are perfectly capable of creating an online memorial . I understand grief can cause you to do irrational things but speaking to authorities to ensure justice is served for your precious daughter would be the most rational thing you could do.

Oh my, I wouldn’t have thought of creating an online memorial page so soon after it happened. I believe they were still in PR on the 12th. That page and the several fund raiser’s strike a publicity response, kind of like sharing with the world. I realize I’m old, but I am much more private in sharing sadness in my life.

MOO
In addition it was just how KSW said " we now share an impossible heartbreaking bond to one woman and to another she said this pain is pain only another mother who lost a child can understand. Completely disregarded a subpoena, is un cooperative with investigators & ensures SA doesn't give breathalyzer
( umm evidence right?)
But is perfectly able to post regarding the loss of daughters to friends and strangers online.

SA subconcious betrayed him in his interview, he admitted he watched her fall. SA didn't say he attempted to prevent her from falling . He said he watched her fall.
I think his attempt to gaslight was derailed when the video was released.
You can not spin what was on that video. Their attempt to recreate the sce6to disprove the video was utterly shameful.
bolding mine
Snipped for focus

Yes, he did say that !

As well as "I looked for her on the 'floor' ".
Query : Did he mean the concrete dock ?
Because in the video he leans out and looks a bit and he knew the distance from the window to the ground.
Did he look at her after she'd fallen ?
Sounds grim but this whole case is grim.
Where is the justice for Chloe ?

And no one with any intelligence will be buying his 'throwing himself to the floor' after he'd dangled and dropped her.
SA has acting experience in the theater.
Can't say much about his ability to portray grief.

bolding mine
Snipped for focus

Yes, he did say that !

Because in the video he leans out and looks a bit and he knew the distance from the window to the ground.

And no one with any intelligence will be buying his 'throwing himself to the floor' after he'd dangled and dropped her.
You're spot on about the " acting"
You can fake happiness, you can fake anger, you can fake sadness & frustration there are plenty of emotions than can be faked.
Grief is a natural ,genuine response to loss.
Unfortunately SA responses from the immediate " fall to the ground " to "I thought there was glass " were not genuine.
I believe again his subconscious was betraying him.
I dont think grief can be faked. Grief is raw.

bolding mine
Snipped for focus

Yes, he did say that !

Something I find incredible telling is SA’s refusal to be sedated. KSW and Chloe’s paternal grandmother accepted sedatives.... why not SA, who was allegedly so distraught he sobbed whenever anyone approached him to ask questions??(acting again?) IMO, SA likely knew a sedative would relax him such a point he might actually divulge the truth of what happened.

Something I find incredible telling is SA’s refusal to be sedated. KSW and Chloe’s paternal grandmother accepted sedatives.... why not SA, who was allegedly so distraught he sobbed whenever anyone approached him to ask questions??(acting again?) IMO, SA likely knew a sedative would relax him such a point he might actually divulge the truth of what happened.

B-I-N-G-O!

8 y/o fell from ship balcony to interior, died, Oct 2017.
There was a case where an 8-year-old girl fell from an interior balcony on a Carnival ship who was possibly jostled by people trying to disembark. The family filed a lawsuit a couple of months later and the suit was ultimately settled....Google Zion Smith... settlement there's no information about how it occurred....the family
....wonder what they think of this lawsuit. Do they think maybe they should have done similar in hopes of a bigger settlement? ....
@MsMarple bbm sbm An interesting comparison.* In a general way, kinda, sorta, like Chloe's tragedy, but two important distinctions, imo.

1. The girl was 8 y/o, so possibly, by herself, capable of, say, using arms to pull herself up onto balcony railing (yes, I'm *advertiser censored*uming) and balancing precariously, maybe keeping body there by gripping w hands. Chloe by herself was not capable of putting self into danger at window.
2. If other ppl caused 8 y/o's fall from her precarious position, they were not her family members (again, assuming, could be wrong). Chloe was dropped (totally accidentally or intentionally, IDK) by her step grandfather, her 'bestie.'
^^^W briefest recital of events, different causation & culpability issues btwn 2 situations.^^^

Yes, there was a settlement for wrongful death of 8 y/o, but who knows whether it was $20,000 or $2,000,000. Possible that her family received bigger settlement than Chloe's parents will. Difficult to say. jmo. Chatting about other case, but not meaning to derail thread.

* Girl, 8, who fell to her death from cruise ship named as family demand answers mirror.uk Oct 2107

Last edited:

Of course another reason why he wouldn't want a sedative is if he had taken or drank something and was fearful of the sedative mixing with it.

ITA. This is true. Something seriously wrong was going on with this whole thing.
SA obviously leaning out the ship window, putting his grandchild out it. Then, claims he thought there was glass there. That’s and most of us here know it.
And then first thing family does, is avoid giving statements, leave PR surreptitiously, and not attempt to cooperate with LE in trying to find out what happened and why their baby was killed.
Instead, they jump on the “protect the old man GF” (who is not old), and then almost immediately file a civil suit against the Cruise line. Then, media tour time.
The chain of events and actions of these people are really quite disturbing, IMO. Is there nothing we could do? I honestly do not know. Suggestions?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Can my skin burn anymore?!? :eek: :mad:
From South Bend Tribune Facebook page (Feb 26) in the article entitled: “Grandfather of Granger toddler killed in cruise ship fall will plead guilty”... here is just one (of several) bizarre comments from one of the fervent supporters of the family - who initially protested how innocent SA is, finally conceded with... “it was a stupid mistake she was Probably bothering him wanting him to hold her out the window so as a good grandpa he did it just turned out horribly different”

Chloe Wiegand Obituary - Granger, IN | KPCNews

Little’s Chloe’s obituary: “She loved chasing bubbles, splash pads, and slides.”

Maybe it’s just me, I have always found it weird she wandered away from the splash pad on the ship. So much more there to attract a little one. JMO.

Something else jumped out at me from the obit: “Her favorite movie was Frozen, and she enjoyed singing and dancing as she watched at least three times a day. ”

Okay, I accept parenting styles and beliefs differ, but am I alone in finding three times a day a bit excessive? Most parents I know with little ones track tv/movie time spent daily.

Foodies like cocktails and fine wine. Obviously not serious just an odd coincidence. I think the bar does look colorful and the windows look somewhat interesting. Depending how long in the splash area I could see her wandering especially with no one making any attempts in corralling her in. She could also wander for no specific reason not even noticing those things.

From South Bend Tribune Facebook page (Feb 26) in the article entitled: “Grandfather of Granger toddler killed in cruise ship fall will plead guilty”... here is just one (of several) bizarre comments from one of the fervent supporters of the family - who initially protested how innocent SA is, finally conceded with... “it was a stupid mistake she was Probably bothering him wanting him to hold her out the window so as a good grandpa he did it just turned out horribly different”

yes I cannot believe there are people who support this family, and this quote almost seems as though little Chloe was the cause.

So very angry how the death of this little innocent child has been played out by her family. It is as though this was a script. I will forever feel that SA, and perhaps another family member, knew the outcome of the script. Why did SA walk over to the open window and stare down at the dock before picking up Chloe. That is the one part in all this that makes me feel it was no accident. He knew the window was open, he walked right over to it after he got up from squatting.

If SA walked to the window without leaning over, and picked Chloe up as soon as he got to the window, maybe then I might feel it was an accident, but those few seconds checking out the dock, why!!! He then picks up Chloe so fast and puts her in front of the very open window he just leaned out of! He knew what the outcome would be. IMO

And the family continues to protect SA, and even has friends writing letters saying what a good grandpa SA is. So sad, so angry!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:*mega eyeroll* :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: GMAFB!

@RoadToSerfdom , there you go with that logic and reason thing!

I just know that when my daughter was that age, she would not have wanted to leave.
I agree, that could be true too, your point is good too. I think it can vary or be random depending on child's attention span or even mood at the time. It does seem like he could have sent her over to the windows in the video when he seems to squat down and talk the her and then she runs to the window. Even that is hard to know for sure since there is no audio.

Actually I just thought what if her mom thought the same as you, that there was 0% chance she would leave the splash area. So not only is her daughter dead but it is a result of her being blindsided by something (Chloe leaving the splash area) she never contemplated. SA's job was just to keep her at the splash area as a backup plan as Chloe was not expected to try to leave in the first place.

Last edited:
OR HE DIDN'T WANT TO MIX A SEDATIVE WITH SAY...ALCHOHOL????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam