Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #25 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just left an event to see the news. Heart is broken for his loved ones... I can’t, nor do I want to, imagine.

So grateful for LE’s efforts in this case. Praying justice will be served to the highest extent of the law.

What if he were already hurt from the night before, and died in the truck? It's not a "fact" that she took "him to his execution in that truck". There is a lot to learn, anyway speaking strictly for myself, I don't get any satisfaction from imagining something to be gruesome before the facts are in front of me. JMO

I stated it was my "personal opinion" not a "fact". And I do find this murder of Gannon gruesome based on what I have seen so far.IMO

Wait a doggone minute! Hold your horses! Whoa! What? I know nothing except I clicked on my alerts and see *Arrested*. I’ve been at the doctor all day long. Omg, what? Who’s been arrested? Here I go to my most despised dreaded outing of each month trying to keep myself alive. Always facing lectures elevating my blood pressure. And I come home to damn near a heart attack! I’ll be back!
somehow its less here when you aren't here.
breathe in , breathe out. hugs

Well, yeah - already got my wine

& I'll force my potty mouth shut- because I'd get a timeout if I said what I want about that.....stepmonster, as others have said

I keep thinking that she was playing an evil psychotic game with him - not sure if outright 'murder'...could have been, but might have been a 'game' he had to play because he was being punished which she knew would result in his death.

I won't watch the PC, because I'm already crying at the responses here

When I first saw a pic of Gannon, I instinctively smiled. He's got that angelic energy about him.....RIP Gannon. He's at peace - it's his family that needs healing

Hey
On March 2, 2020, at approximately 8:04 AM, MST, El Paso County Sheriff's Office Detectives, FBI Agents, and members from the El Paso County 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office arrested Letecia Stauch (DOB 08/04/1983) in Horry County, South Carolina.

Letecia Stauch will be held at the Horry County Jail on the charges of:

Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust §18-3-102(1)(f)),

Child Abuse Resulting in Death §18-6-401(1)(a), (7)(A)(I),

Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, §18-8-610.5, and

Tampering with Physical Evidence, §18-8-610(1)(a).

She is awaiting extradition hearings before being transported to the El Paso County Jail in Colorado Springs.

The investigation into the disappearance of Gannon Stauch began on January 27, 2020, when Letecia Stauch who is Gannon's stepmother called 9-1-1 to report Gannon had not returned from a friend's house. By January 28, 2020, our Major Crime Detectives assumed responsibility over the case and began working hand in hand with multiple partners. By January 30, 2020, the case was upgraded from runaway to missing/endangered.

Please report any tips you may have to aid law enforcement in recovering Gannon and bringing his family closure to either 719-520-6666 or email Tips@elpasoco.com.

EPCSheriff on Twitter
no booking pic yet ughh wish we could see the perp walk

Did LE have the (legal) ability to eavesdrop on her phone calls, read her email, FB messages etc.? She may have been stupid enough to reveal the information using those methods.
They have ABSOLUTE ability to procure her entire social media pm's, posts, every group comment, every word she uttered even words she issued prior to her alleged murder . They have the right to use them in evidence against her whether they directly refer to Gannon's death or not, if they are indicative of her nature and personality. They can and they WILL. she's screwed.
now let's please put heads together and honor his parents and try our hardest to
#FindGannon

On March 2, 2020, at approximately 8:04 AM, MST, El Paso County Sheriff's Office Detectives, FBI Agents, and members from the El Paso County 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office arrested Letecia Stauch (DOB 08/04/1983) in Horry County, South Carolina.

Letecia Stauch will be held at the Horry County Jail on the charges of:

Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust §18-3-102(1)(f)),

Child Abuse Resulting in Death §18-6-401(1)(a), (7)(A)(I),

Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, §18-8-610.5, and

Tampering with Physical Evidence, §18-8-610(1)(a).

She is awaiting extradition hearings before being transported to the El Paso County Jail in Colorado Springs.

The investigation into the disappearance of Gannon Stauch began on January 27, 2020, when Letecia Stauch who is Gannon's stepmother called 9-1-1 to report Gannon had not returned from a friend's house. By January 28, 2020, our Major Crime Detectives assumed responsibility over the case and began working hand in hand with multiple partners. By January 30, 2020, the case was upgraded from runaway to missing/endangered.

Please report any tips you may have to aid law enforcement in recovering Gannon and bringing his family closure to either 719-520-6666 or email Tips@elpasoco.com.

EPCSheriff on Twitter
bbm
Thanks for the post reflecting the charges, @MassGuy !

"Resulting in death...."

If it was just the charge of child abuse alone it could mean something as simple as she shouted at him sometime during the two years Gannon and his little sister were incarcerated with LS; but LE have the proof that she did something to cause his death.

LE have the evidence in what exactly happened and it will come out at trial.
At least the wait for her arrest is over.

I know the charge of "Tampering with a dead human body" is ripe for interpretations. IMO, she is charged with this because LE has evidence that Gannon is deceased, but his body has not been found. Simple as that. The First Degree Murder charge speaks waaay more volume to me. IMO

I agree with you. There are certain women who are forged in the fire of tragedy. I see her going forward as a POWERFUL advocate against child abuse, for the protection of all children, in Gannon's name and memory. She had that strength about her today in the midst of her anguish.

Yes!, like Sara Payne here in the UK. I think Landen will do great things in Gannons name.

Are these charges similar to PF’s? Tampering can involve moving a body without the legal right to, right? Ugh I dread the details now. I wanted so bad for this case to resolve but now that we’re here it stinks.
Yeah, moving or concealing a body falls under that “tampering” charge.

Wait a doggone minute! Hold your horses! Whoa! What? I know nothing except I clicked on my alerts and see *Arrested*. I’ve been at the doctor all day long. Omg, what? Who’s been arrested? Here I go to my most despised dreaded outing of each month trying to keep myself alive. Always facing lectures elevating my blood pressure. And I come home to damn near a heart attack! I’ll be back!
I know you will and come back stronger than ever. Love you.

Yes, we saw him walk to the truck. I think I'll take off, it bothers me to have posters say he was executed, his ears were cut off, he was mutilated, and earlier, chopped up in pieces on the garage floor. I just don't get any happiness from imaging that type of thing, in fact it turns my stomach and raises my own stress level. It may turn out that way, but just from my point of view I don't want to have my mind imagining the horrible things that "could have" happened to Gannon, via stepmom.
No one gets any "happiness" from sleuthing this case.

Wait, wait, no seriously wait an f n minute. So Gannon is dead. For sure. Are they sure? No. No. Please no.

Don’t watch the press conference replays with Gannon’s parents, it will rip your heart out. I was crying at work while watching it on my phone. Naturally the VP of my company chose that moment to stop by looking for my coworker!

ETA: And I can count on one hand the # of times any higher up, let alone the VP, has ever stopped by my desk in the almost 10 years I’ve been there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam