CA - Noah Cuatro, 4, drowning now ruled a suspicious death, Palmdale, July 2019 *parents charged*

The parents of a 4-year-old Palmdale boy who died last July pleaded not guilty Thursday to murder and torture charges related to his death.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva launched an investigation into the child’s death, and said that his three siblings had been taken into protective custody.

The boy’s death raised questions about the actions of county social workers who interacted with the family — the source of a multi-million dollar claim filed by the child’s great-grandmother.

Cuatro and Jaurez are scheduled to be back in court April 7. If convicted as charged, they could each face up to 32 years to life in state prison.
Parents of 4-Year-Old Noah Cuatro Plead Not Guilty To Murder, Torture Charges Related To Child's Death

Does anyone know where can we actually obtain the latest unsealed indictment documents from the grand jury? every article I read mentions them, but I can't find the actual report anywhere on the internet, which is frustrating. I'm sure they're probably heavily redacted but it would still be good to read them. The articles about them are brief and only provide very limited information.

Does anyone know where can we actually obtain the latest unsealed indictment documents from the grand jury? every article I read mentions them, but I can't find the actual report anywhere on the internet, which is frustrating. I'm sure they're probably heavily redacted but it would still be good to read them. The articles about them are brief and only provide very limited information.
Have you found any documents?

The call was the latest source of alarm for Susan Johnson, the Department of Children and Family Services caseworker tracking Noah. More than two years earlier, DCFS records show, his parents’ neglect led to the point where he was starving, weighing just 17 pounds and unable to walk. Authorities took Noah away then, but a commissioner had recently sent him back to his parents.

The call culminated in Johnson‘s securing a Juvenile Court order to again take Noah away and put him in protective custody. DCFS had 10 days to get Noah out and seen by a doctor, even if it required barging into the home with police. Carrying out that removal order could have saved Noah’s life.

Instead, DCFS ignored the order and kept Noah with his parents. He died less than two months later, on July 6, 2019. He was a month shy of his fifth birthday. His parents, Ursula Juarez and Jose Cuatro, now stand accused of murdering and torturing him.
Before a 4-year-old boy’s killing, authorities wavered on rescuing him

How the child welfare system failed Noah Cuatro

The call was the latest source of alarm for Susan Johnson, the Department of Children and Family Services caseworker tracking Noah. More than two years earlier, DCFS records show, his parents’ neglect led to the point where he was starving, weighing just 17 pounds and unable to walk. Authorities took Noah away then, but a commissioner had recently sent him back to his parents.

The call culminated in Johnson‘s securing a Juvenile Court order to again take Noah away and put him in protective custody. DCFS had 10 days to get Noah out and seen by a doctor, even if it required barging into the home with police. Carrying out that removal order could have saved Noah’s life.

Instead, DCFS ignored the order and kept Noah with his parents. He died less than two months later, on July 6, 2019. He was a month shy of his fifth birthday. His parents, Ursula Juarez and Jose Cuatro, now stand accused of murdering and torturing him.

#tears… the last sentence of the first link… how just how?????

Wow, I never knew that I know one of the people involved in the case. I can't even begin to imagine what this has done to him.

The parents of a four-year-old Palmdale boy who died in July 2019 are scheduled to appear in an Antelope Valley courtroom on April 18 for a pretrial hearing in their son’s death. The pretrial hearing was rescheduled from March 7.

The parents of a four-year-old Palmdale boy who died in July 2019 are scheduled to appear in an Antelope Valley courtroom on April 18 for a pretrial hearing in their son’s death. The pretrial hearing was rescheduled from March 7.
I hope they get life sentences. What they did to this sweet boy makes me sick to my stomach.

Has anyone heard an update on this pretrial hearing? Was it held or rescheduled?

The parents of a 4-year-old boy who was assaulted and abused for years before his death have reached a plea deal that won’t require them to admit guilt in his death but will send them to prison.

Jose Cuatro, 32, and Ursula Juarez, 30, entered a plea of no contest on Friday in the death of Noah Cuatro, KABC reported.

They initially faced multiple charges — including murder and rape — in the boy’s torture and death after claiming that he drowned in a community pool in July 2019, as CrimeOnline reported. An autopsy said that the boy’s injuries were inconsistent with drowning.

Jose Cuatro was also charged with assault on a child causing death and sexual penetration of a child under 10, while Juarez charged with one count of child abuse under circumstances likely to cause death.

1711758173492.png

Deputy Dist. Atty. Jonathan Hatami, left, hugs Eva Hernandez following a pretrial hearing in Lancaster.

Deputy Dist. Atty. Jonathan Hatami, left, hugs Eva Hernandez, Noah Cuatro’s great-grandmother, following a pretrial hearing

In an Antelope Valley courtroom, both sat masked and in orange jumpsuits next to their attorneys. Noah’s great-grandmother, Eva Hernandez, watched nearby, occasionally crying and surrounded by her family and family members of other murdered children.

Their sentencing is scheduled for April 30. They both waived their right to appeal.

Juarez cried as she left the courtroom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back