Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't surprise me. The lack of coffee shops, that is. Active LDS should't drink coffee, Rexburg is predominantly LDS.

I live in Idaho Falls, not too far from there, and there are a lot of LDS in this area too. However, I think we have a lot more coffee shops here, than Rexburg does.

My suspicion (well founded) is that there are a lot of LDS members, that buy coffee all of the time. Otherwise, these coffee shops would go out of business.

I've tried to drink it in the past, but for some weird reason, it puts me to sleep 30 minutes later. So, I stick to my Pepsi. :)

MOO

LOL. Yes. IF even has a Dutch Bros which is my SIL's favorite coffee place. We (in a mysterious town a little south of you and about the same size) aren't lucky enough to have them here. :)

And I understood why Rexburg doesn't have as many Starbucks as a town of the same size in either of the states to Idaho's west, for example, would have. I also understand why, unlike virtually every other college town in the world, they don't appear to have a bar where I could go out dancing and buy a beer. (I think IF has one or two of those.)

For those that may have followed other cases, what do you think of the FBI setting up in Rexburg like they did?
I’ve come to terms with the fact that once I finish with this phone I’ll have no option but to smash it and sit it in a glass of coke. The searches I’ve done on this phone since these kids went missing could get me locked up :D. Everything from poisons, decomposing bodies, how to evade without a passport, money laundering...I just hope I don’t get my phone searched or I’ll be coming here needing witnesses lol.
I'm hoping Tricia will be a character witness for all of us ....

Is Frontierville a kind of pioneer history version of Farmville?

Honestly, no clue. I am googling now.

Ok. here's what google says: "The Pioneer Trail, formerly known as FrontierVille is a defunct simulation, role-playing video game available for play on social networking sites such as Facebook. Developed by Zynga, and launched on June 9, 2010, it was a freemium game"

Sounds like a very poor version of ARK:Survival Evolved.
Very addicting. Technically no Pioneers, but you can build houses, grow crops, has open world survival, and best of all dinosaurs.

Well, to be fair to Tammy, it does have Pioneers in it. :)

MOO

Last edited:
As someone who enjoys the tiny home tours...that’s a very swanky, no expense spared command centre!

I’m betting that’s ruffled a few feathers when it arrived in town! Let’s hope it helps get some answers about what happened to the children. MOO
I am all about the optics and what I can see ,what people are trying to say... Chad and Lori gave us a few dead spouses, a spouse body exhumed, disappearance of children, weird body language, carrying money in a ziplock to showing up to church in Kauai on and on . Now we will give them a giant FBI mobile unit parked in a small town where 2 kids are missing...MOO

Thank you. I wondered about that. We can see some equipment but don't actually know what the logistics are in this case. It's obviously wired to communicate with FBI offices, and I wonder if it will coordinate interstate efforts. ?

That would be my speculation on the reason for it's presence there, and also perhaps to process evidence faster. I think they are preparing the evidence ahead of bringing Lori back to Idaho. My dream would be for the FBI to be able to tap into local CCTV feeds to monitor the POIs in real time every time they go out into public, but I have no knowledge of whether they can do things like that. :D

MOO.

Honestly, no clue. I am googling now.

Ok. here's what google says: "The Pioneer Trail, formerly known as FrontierVille is a defunct simulation, role-playing video game available for play on social networking sites such as Facebook. Developed by Zynga, and launched on June 9, 2010, it was a freemium game"

Sounds like a very poor version of ARK:Survival Evolved.

Well, to be fair to Tammy, it does have Pioneers in it. :)

MOO
Yes, it sounds similar. Speaking of the Ark, I once corrupted some young missionaries at our house by insisting that yes, they could play a video game while there, but only if it was my son's Noah's Ark video game.

They then returned and told us that the Bishop said they could watch a very important state college football game; they had been given permission. I had my doubts about that but gave them Sprite and popcorn and turned on the TV. The result was pretty humorous and I won't go into it here, but they were my favorite missionaries--before or since.

One guess for the command center, besides a search in Yellowstone would be a forensic lab. Phones, computers, electronic data collection and analyst is one guess. That kind of disappoints me if that's where they are at after this amount of time. But heck, at least they are gathering more solid information if so.

Take a look inside an FBI mobile computer forensics lab

I’ve been down the rabbit hole reading/listening to many of the fringe podcasts hoping to hear something about protecting children - ensuring certain people are safe - or anything along those lines that may give us hope/clues that the kids are alive.

If the kids are alive somewhere, what would LV & CD rationale be?

If they are not found, what would LV & CD excuse be?

I realize I'm stretching here.....just trying to keep the discussion on the kids.

I have been trying to find a way to convey those very thoughts, and can’t think of a better way than that. Those kids did such a remarkable job speaking from the heart at Tammy’s funeral, and holding it together so well just two days after her passing. They say time heals all wounds, and I am relying on that for these amazing kids.
I wish I could click love on this comment instead of just like.

I’ve been down the rabbit hole reading/listening to many of the fringe podcasts hoping to hear something about protecting children - ensuring certain people are safe - or anything along those lines that may give us hope/clues that the kids are alive.

I realize I'm stretching here.....just trying to keep the discussion on the kids.
I certainly hope they are alive, that's the first thing I check for on my phone every morning. But, I can see whats's in it for Chad and Lori for the kids to have been killed, and I can't see what's in it for them to be alive. MOO.

I suspect several things, all of them being speculative suspicion.

I think Lori might be coming back pretty shortly, I'm guessing they're doing everything possible to keep it hush hush.

I think the FBI doesn't allocate a mobile command center for trivial cases.

I think some shock and awe may be on the menu.

But who knows.

Jmo

ITA. I was trying to think of the last time I saw an FBI command unit on scene for a missing kids case. The only case I can think of at the moment is Jayme Closs. For those not familiar, that case involved a kidnapped girl (Jayme) and a double homicide (Jayme's parents were murdered and she was taken against her will and held captive for 88 days before she escaped alive). Here's an article from when they brought in the mobile command unit in that case: Superior, Douglas County Authorities Help Search for Jayme Closs
For the Jayme Closs case, the mobile unit was being used to coordinate a massive effort to interview all registered sex offenders. Some quotes from the link:

When Moe and the others arrived, they were split into groups and given an assignment. His was to locate sex offenders in the area and find out where they were around the time of the incident.
Moe said there were hourly briefings, but lead investigators were pretty tight-lipped about what was going on.

For a small department like Barron, Moe said an incident like this is taxing on manpower and resources.
"I can say it's a relief for that agency to know that if they need the help, all they have to do is ask and people will drop whatever," Moe said. "I mean, that's what we did. We just dropped whatever we were doing and went."
The mutual aid agreement is set up by state statute so that whenever a law enforcement agency needs help, they can put out a request and grant officers from other areas full police power under their jurisdiction.

BBM. It doesn't tell us much but gives a general idea. They have extra manpower and can go try to interview anyone that still needs interviewing. The Closs case was in Wisconsin, so that last line about a mutual aid agreement might not apply here, but I imagine that Idaho has similar laws when it comes to calling in the FBI. Either way, it's great news that the FBI is there to assist the small Rexburg PD with manpower and resources.

MOO.

If the kids are alive somewhere, LV's rationale could be that JJ's grandmother was waging a battle over his custody (and CV's money that may have gone with it). This makes little sense, especially given the nature of CV's death--at which the kids were present!-- but it is a possible excuse or rationale.

If the kids are alive somewhere, LV's rationale could be that JJ's grandmother was waging a battle over his custody (and CV's money that may have gone with it). This makes little sense, especially given the nature of CV's death--at which the kids were present!-- but it is a possible excuse or rationale.

But there was no custody dispute over JJ before the kids went missing. And why would she need to hide Tylee? No one has filed for custody of Tylee (except the state of Idaho after Lori defied a court order to produce her to the court). Lori can't make that claim and make it stick, not even close. And so far we have not seen her make that claim, either. Only her supporters have given the false "it's a custody dispute" line to try to explain what is going on. No offense, but it fails to explain it for me every single time it is brought up because it's simply not true that there was ever a custody issue before the kids disappeared and had been missing for months. MOO.

But there was no custody dispute over JJ before the kids went missing. And why would she need to hide Tylee? No one has filed for custody of Tylee (except the state of Idaho after Lori defied a court order to produce her to the court). Lori can't make that claim and make it stick, not even close. And so far we have not seen her make that claim, either. Only her supporters have given the false "it's a custody dispute" line to try to explain what is going on. No offense, but it fails to explain it for me every single time it is brought up because it's simply not true that there was ever a custody issue before the kids disappeared and had been missing for months. MOO.
I agree. But it was a hypothetical question. Like you, I don't believe it will stick, but I think she may try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth