PA PA - Friendsville, Choconut Twp, WhtMale Adult, UP16220, in wooded area, clothes, Jan'17

If anyone can advise me it would be helpful. I am specifically wondering if this could be the biological father of my son.

According to his siblings he has been missing since 2008. However I guess they didn't really consider him missing until he never turned up again a few years later because he had a history of disappearing for up to a year at a time. By the time they realised this was different he had been gone for so long that they didn't really know who to contact and so they just... Didn't.

They both live out of state. I have been searching for him for my son since approx 2010. Only in 2013 did I find out that I wasn't the only one who couldn't find him.

But the thing is... I haven't seen him since 1996. At this point I have accumulated a lot of assorted conjecture and small bits of info from various friends and family but nothing solid. My son was adopted by my husband so the fact is that legally neither my son nor I have any legal connection to him.

His actual next of kin is a wife who also has not seen or heard from him since around 2000. She feels uncomfortable being the one to contact the police- either to simply report him as a missing person or in direct connection with this case.

Finally I have realized that I'm the only one actively doing anything with this. So- I started a name us case for him and I am trying to figure out how best to proceed. I wish I wasn't the one that has to do this...

But with regard to this case- it should be extremely easy to ID him if there is a body due to a genetic disorder that caused some physical anomalies.

If anyone can advise me it would be helpful. I am specifically wondering if this could be the biological father of my son.

According to his siblings he has been missing since 2008. However I guess they didn't really consider him missing until he never turned up again a few years later because he had a history of disappearing for up to a year at a time. By the time they realised this was different he had been gone for so long that they didn't really know who to contact and so they just... Didn't.

They both live out of state. I have been searching for him for my son since approx 2010. Only in 2013 did I find out that I wasn't the only one who couldn't find him.

But the thing is... I haven't seen him since 1996. At this point I have accumulated a lot of assorted conjecture and small bits of info from various friends and family but nothing solid. My son was adopted by my husband so the fact is that legally neither my son nor I have any legal connection to him.

His actual next of kin is a wife who also has not seen or heard from him since around 2000. She feels uncomfortable being the one to contact the police- either to simply report him as a missing person or in direct connection with this case.

Finally I have realized that I'm the only one actively doing anything with this. So- I started a name us case for him and I am trying to figure out how best to proceed. I wish I wasn't the one that has to do this...

But with regard to this case- it should be extremely easy to ID him if there is a body due to a genetic disorder that caused some physical anomalies.

This is just my opinion, but it couldn't hurt to make inquiries on behalf of your son, complete strangers do it all the time :)

Have you called the local police and asked what you can do? (Probably a redundant question) you probably can share your concerns with police that this could possibly be him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I just posted but I seem to have lost it. Anyway.....if this UID appears to be older (Namus has no age):

#Missing Lawrence Molinaro, 76, was last seen on Tuesday, December 27 by a neighbor.
1/10/17
COCHECTON - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is seeking the public's help as it continues to search for missing Cochecton resident Lawrence Molinaro.
Molinaro, 76, was reported missing by relatives on Dec. 29 after he missed a doctor's appointment at Catskill Regional Medical Center. He was last seen on Dec. 27 by a neighbor. Molinaro is white, 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighs about 300 pounds and has white hair and brown eyes. His vehicle, a gray 2004 Ford Explorer with the New York license plate CWG-9116, is also missing.
The sheriff's office has conducted an extensive search with assistance from police in New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. A New York State Police helicopter has been used to search Sullivan County and neighboring Wayne County, Pa.
Molinaro is known to spend time in Honesdale, Pa., and he has relatives in Staten Island and Howell, N.J.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office at 794-7100.

JConey76,

It is not illegal to go missing, so unless foul play is suspected, LE generally don't do a whole heck of a lot. Very curious the current wife does not want to report him missing. Best method is to engage a "Skip Tracer" service.

They've released a reconstruction for this man. I don't know how they came to the conclusion he was older, put apparently they did.

Do you recognize this man? Human remains found in 2017 in Pennsylvania still unidentified
  • male
  • unable to estimate height and weight
  • torso not recovered
  • clothing - a jacket, long-sleeve red shirt, a blue and white sweater, a blue sweatshirt
#

head1-777x437.jpg

http://www.susqcoindy.com/PS/2020/03/05/facial-reconstruction-performed-on-human-remains/

Anyone with information concerning the identity of the individual is asked to contact PSP-Gibson, 570-465-3154 and reference incident number PA2017-35713.

SUSQUEHANNA COUNTY, Pa. (WHP) — Exactly six years ago on Jan. 12, 2017, human remains were found in Choconut Township in Susquehanna County according to the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers (PCS).

Officials say state police are looking for help and answers on identifying a cold case victim after facial reconstruction was done on the remains.

88ef5dcb-a272-4732-bd0d-31034f485bba-medium16x9_HumanRemainsFacialReconstruction.jpeg

State police are looking for help in identifying human remains found six years ago. (Credit: Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers)

PCS officials urge anyone with information to either call the PSP Gibson Station at 570-465-3151, the PCS toll free number at 1-800-4PA-TIPS (8477), or submit a tip online.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back