Found Deceased UK - Lisa Hale, 40, Farnborough, 14 Feb 2020

This case has really touched me, perhaps because I am similar age, live locally to Lisa and am also a runner. It seems to me there has been a lot of speculation and very few hard facts. The possessions being scattered nearby has not, to my knowledge, been mentioned in any of the official police reports. Is it just a rumour? I have heard nothing about her mental state either, but as other have alluded to, her Facebook profile shows no red flags there (not that it’s always obvious, but there are often clues). She seems happy on the surface. She runs regularly and this is a good sign of strong overall health (although again, not definitive).

Did the fiancé attend an organised Parkrun The next day and has this been confirmed? If so, that is indeed very odd, whereas I could understand him going for a long run alone, while searching for her in the woods.

The lack of media coverage does suggest that the police know a lot more than they are letting on. But why? What damage are they trying to limit? It’s a very perplexing case.

Did the fiancé attend an organised Parkrun The next day and has this been confirmed? If so, that is indeed very odd, whereas I could understand him going for a long run alone, while searching for her in the woods.

Yes he did. He recorded it on Strava and it is also on the official parkrun results if you go looking for them. Very odd indeed.

Re: Parkrun - I know that some people get very obsessive about attending these and getting their “milestones” (for those who don’t know, you get a shout-out and t-shirt when you notch up 50, 100, 250 runs). However, if I knew my partner - or indeed anyone who I was close to - went missing overnight, then I would without doubt be out looking for them the next morning. Parkrun would pale into insignificance.

Was
Re: Parkrun - I know that some people get very obsessive about attending these and getting their “milestones” (for those who don’t know, you get a shout-out and t-shirt when you notch up 50, 100, 250 runs). However, if I knew my partner - or indeed anyone who I was close to - went missing overnight, then I would without doubt be out looking for them the next morning. Parkrun would pale into insignificance.
Was he hoping she would appear?

I wondered if the fiance last saw her at 11pm on Valentine's day, because that's when he went to sleep. He either did or didn't know she had left the house to go walking.

Looking at both his and Lisa's parkrun records, they rarely seem to attend one together. Although they both have the same 2 or 3 that they usually bounce between. So perhaps the fiance simply left to go to his chosen parkrun, assuming Lisa had already left the house? Although I would think if you both had somewhere to be at 9am on a Saturday, you would expect to be getting up around the same time etc. But I guess we don't really know what was normal for them anyway.

The partner's behavior may not seem odd if she was known to be an early riser. Perhaps he thought she had already left when he woke up?

The first thing that came to mind when I saw how she was dressed on the CCTV footage was a "hit and run", but there is no body. Perhaps she was injured and tried to find shelter until the morning. Just some thoughts.

This case has really touched me, perhaps because I am similar age, live locally to Lisa and am also a runner. It seems to me there has been a lot of speculation and very few hard facts. The possessions being scattered nearby has not, to my knowledge, been mentioned in any of the official police reports. Is it just a rumour? I have heard nothing about her mental state either, but as other have alluded to, her Facebook profile shows no red flags there (not that it’s always obvious, but there are often clues). She seems happy on the surface. She runs regularly and this is a good sign of strong overall health (although again, not definitive).

The lack of media coverage does suggest that the police know a lot more than they are letting on. But why? What damage are they trying to limit? It’s a very perplexing case.

As I understand it some possessions were found in Hawley woods, which I believe was confirmed by her uncle. Although both that and the lake have been thoroughly searched.

I think the alarm was raised when she didn’t attend to Marshall at the park run event in rushmoor.

I wondered if the fiance last saw her at 11pm on Valentine's day, because that's when he went to sleep. He either did or didn't know she had left the house to go walking.

Looking at both his and Lisa's parkrun records, they rarely seem to attend one together. Although they both have the same 2 or 3 that they usually bounce between. So perhaps the fiance simply left to go to his chosen parkrun, assuming Lisa had already left the house? Although I would think if you both had somewhere to be at 9am on a Saturday, you would expect to be getting up around the same time etc. But I guess we don't really know what was normal for them anyway.
I think his was in London, and hers was locally which may possibly explain the disconnect in the morning. What I’m struggling to understand is why she would have left That evening other than for a head clearing mission. I think another poster said she likely did go in Hawley woods after leakage centre else they would have her on cctv elsewhere. My hope is the police are backing off to investigate other leads that may go someway to locating her. I really hope they find her. Our youngest Years were spent together and I’d love to know my buddy is okay, and if she not, then some closure for her family.

This is latest from police : today
Further update following search for missing Lisa Hale being scaled back. Apologies for the long post, we would normally put it up as a link to our website but we are experiencing a technical hitch.

Following our update yesterday (Monday) regarding the scaling back of the search for missing Lisa Hale from Farnborough, we would like to thank members of the public who have offered to assist with ongoing searching.

Detective Inspector Graeme Eaton said: “We really appreciate the support being offered by members of the community.

“We would continue to ask the public, particularly those who frequent woodland areas in this locality, to remain vigilant and report anything untoward.

“If you do come across anything suspicious, our key advice is not to handle anything you think could be linked to the investigation, please contact us immediately by dialling 999.

“We would reiterate our searches have been intelligence led and as such, have been focused on the Hawley Common Wood and Hawley Lake area.

“That stage of the operation has now concluded but I assure you our investigation into Lisa’s disappearance is ongoing and we will act on further lines of enquiry.

“When last seen, Lisa was wearing a brown knee length puffa jacket with a hood, a black beanie hat with a white design on the side, dark trousers and dark shoes.

“Lisa is described as slim with short black hair and glasses. Please get in touch if you have any information on her whereabouts.

“We are continuing to keep Lisa’s family updated and provide them with support at this very difficult time.”

If you can help, please get in touch by calling 101 and quoting Operation Salon.

In an emergency, always dial 999 immediately.

DI Eaton added: “We do want to thank the public for sharing our appeals and passing on information so far.

“We would particularly like to thank Hampshire Search & Rescue for their assistance in this extensive search.

“Hampshire Search & Rescue are a charity organisation made up entirely of volunteers who are professionally trained to assist the emergency services.

“On this occasion, they spent five days assisting in the search and brought in colleagues from neighbouring search and rescue teams in Surrey, Dorset and Berkshire.”

It’s been more than two weeks since 40 year old Lisa went missing from Ferndown Gardens sometime after 11pm on Friday, February 14.

She was seen on CCTV in the early hours of February 15, walking on the forecourt of the Shell garage in Farnborough.

Lisa is then believed to have taken a route along Hawley Road, Farnborough to Fernhill Road, Blackwater.

Her last sighting was captured on CCTV overlooking the car park at Hawley Leisure Centre.

The Leisure Centre borders on Hawley Common Woods.

Police in Hampshire are scaling down the search for missing Farnborough woman Lisa Hale.
The 40-year-old has been missing since disappearing from the Ferndown Gardens area on 14 February.

Officers say despite a reduction in search efforts their investigation is ongoing.

The force added they are extremely concerned for her welfare, but there is "no evidence of foul play".

Detective Inspector Graeme Eaton said:

“It has now been more than 18 days since Lisa went missing and we are extremely concerned for her welfare, although I would like to reassure the community there is no evidence of foul play.

“Unfortunately, the locations we have been searching to date are extensive and the woodlands are also very dense in areas.

“I want to reassure you that while the search phase of the investigation is being scaled back, our investigation into Lisa’s disappearance remains ongoing and we will act on any new information we receive.

“We do want to thank the public for sharing our appeals and passing on information so far."

Hadn’t thought of that but yes, I suppose that is possible, particularly if she is a dedicated Parkrunner (which I believe she is).

Someone may have already clarified but he went to a different parkrun to the one that she had signed up to volunteer at that Saturday. So no, he wouldn't have been waiting for her to appear.

Rushmoor Parkrun is a fair distance from Lisa’s home. I wonder how she would usually get there - run, cycle or car? If one of the latter two, then presumably that mode of transport was still at home. I’m struggling to buy the idea that her partner assumed she had woken early and not realised she was missing. When you live with someone, I think there would be obvious signs that your other half had not gone about their morning routine.

If only there was more info to go on. So much doesn’t add up here!

I wonder if Lisa was heading to Blackwater train station? It’s not far away from the Leisure Centre she was captured on CCTV.

There are 2 trains depart in the early Saturday mornings: to Reading (00:22am) and to Gatwick Airport at 4:47am.

i think it can be an explanation why she decided to take such a strange route.

We know that her phone was left at home
when she went out the night before.
Where was she going?, what did she tell her fiancee where she was going that time of night?
Who goes out without there mobile at that time. Why didnt the fiancee see the mobile at home in the morning and that rings alarm bells to find her location.

I wonder if Lisa was heading to Blackwater train station? It’s not far away from the Leisure Centre she was captured on CCTV.

There are 2 trains depart in the early Saturday mornings: to Reading (00:22am) and to Gatwick Airport at 4:47am.

i think it can be an explanation why she decided to take such a strange route.

Why hasn't cctv at the train station picked up anything ? Surley the police would check the trains stations cctv if they say there has been no fowl play.

If she was caught on cctv at the leisure centre then she was heading the wrong direction for blackwater station from where she was seen at the shell garage unless she doubled back. Assuming she went up fernhill rd.

Did anyone in her family or friends know why she was out on her own so late at night. Theres no mention of her being somewhere before. Had her partner taken her out on valentine's night which ended up as an arguement with a late walk for head clearing time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back