Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

There's a lot more to every story than you'll ever know but in this one it seems critical. As someone already said it's really unusual for someone to be charged as an accessory to a dead person of interest and this fast. That leads me to suspect he implicated himself as an accessory in his statement. Is he dumb or did he do that to lay down a believable narrative from the beginning in which he goes to jail for a few dozen months instead of a few dozen years?

Yes, I think so too.

From the article:

[...]

In addition, inside the truck, detectives reported locating a claw hammer with a red color substance that tested presumptive for blood. Detectives said also inside the truck were latex gloves, concrete bags, and camouflage nylon straps which were purchased by Carr at a Home Depot in the Charleston area.

Arrest affidavits state that video surveillance from Home Depot showed that during one of two purchases at Home Depot another male subject was seen. The affidavit, which has redacted names, does not identity that subject.

[...]

Witnesses reported that Sweeney’s vehicle, an Audi, pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex on Feb. 28 at 6 p.m. which was four hours after Sweeney’s last known communication.

[...]

Authorities said they utilized automatic licence plate reader (ALPR) information to see that the truck appeared to have been driven into the West Ashley area on I-526 on Feb. 28 around 10:45 a.m.

According to an arrest affidavit, the ALPR showed a large black container stored in the bed of the truck which was seen in camera view.

[...]

We're allowed to paraphrase persons' of interest facebooks.

The notable thing is that there has been someone immediately, repeatedly and vehemently stressing the "accessory" distinction. Seemingly since well before accessory charges were officially filed if my rough mental timeline is accurate.
To be clear, yes, we can discuss posts and comments made by the POI but not comments made by other people. MOO

Does anyone have even a speculative motive for Carr?

Such a sad, sad story for a beautiful young lady described to be a bright light by so many. The bartender that last saw them on thurs pm/early am talked about Celia bringing the trio to the bar to get them out of her house, and then sliding out of the situation. Could that have angered their stupid drunk selves enough that they went back to confront her about it, and things went awry?
The puzzle in my mind is transporting her all the way home? That’s a pretty long drive to be thinking about a gruesome endeavor like covering this awful act. Friends have vouched for the type of caring man BC was too, and the changes he had made in his life. Perhaps the long drive and facing what he had done was what prompted a self inflicted demise? That would be a terrible couple of sober hours of self reflection. As opposed to a previous plan he had shopped to carry out? IMO, or one theory I guess?
As for the other 2 involved in that night, I’ll wait to see how that transpires, but I believe they we’re knowledgeable of what had happened, when remains the question.

I just saw this thread.
Here's an article -- Please forgive if it's a repeat.

Missing S.C. Woman Is Discovered Beaten to Death, and Male Person of Interest Also Found Dead

Celia Sweeney was beaten to death

By Elaine Aradillas
March 04, 2020 03:32 PM
The discovery of a missing woman’s body inside a South Carolina home ended a three-day search, officials said.

The death of Celia Sweeney, 28, was declared a homicide, according to the Spartanburg County Coroner’s office, The State reports.

“Sweeney was beaten to death,” Coroner Rusty Clevenger told the newspaper, saying she died from blunt force trauma to the head.

Co-workers of Sweeney’s called police in Charleston and reported her missing after she failed to show up for work, reports Boston.com.
[...]
“That person of interest was also found dead Monday at the residence where the body of Ms. Sweeney was found,” officials stated in the release. “The person of interest has been identified as Buddy Allen Carr, 32.”
[...]
Carr’s death is still being investigated, and ABC News 4 reports his cause of death has not been announced.
More here:
Missing S.C. Woman Is Discovered Beaten to Death, and Male Person of Interest Also Found Dead

Affidavit: Detectives found murdered Charleston woman in container in the woods

"The redacted affidavit states that someone was in and out of Sweeney’s apartment. According to detectives, Sweeney’s phone records showed frustration about an individual being left alone in her home, and just prior to 3 a.m. there were indications that she would attempt to remove this person from her apartment."

"The redacted affidavit states that someone was in and out of Sweeney’s apartment. According to detectives, Sweeney’s phone records showed frustration about an individual being left alone in her home, and just prior to 3 a.m. there were indications that she would attempt to remove this person from her apartment."

A bartender said she saw Sweeney leave by herself. How did BC end up back in her apartment? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Affidavit: Detectives found murdered Charleston woman in container in the woods

Also from this article :

Court records state that they spoke to a friend who said they were with Sweeney during the previous night with two male subjects whose names were redacted in the affidavit. According to investigators, the group went to multiple restaurants and bars.

Detectives learned that Sweeney and some of the group returned to the apartment during the early morning hours of Feb. 28.

Either the bartender mentioned previously is mistaken or lying or someone else is. It can't be both she left alone and that Celia and some of the group returned to her home. Now who is the person with motive for providing false info ?

All JMOO

Wow. Strange story. Something isn't adding up.

So did someone take her car.....and then bring it back?

So did she ditch them at the bar? Or did they all return to the apartments together? Conflicting reports. Does "gina" live in the same complex?

Was her car returned after she was reported missing?

Was there signs of forced entry? I can't imagine her letting them in after ditching them.

Maybe he was home the first time LE came to his house? Didn't answer the door, but knew he was caught?

It says her last contact with anyone was 2pm on friday? Can that be right? I assumed whatever happened to her, happened in the early morning hours friday.

With the limited info we have, I'm about 80/20 on Buddy killing her over the accessory guy killing them both and trying to make it look like a murder-suicide.

RIP

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes