KY KY - Katie Cawthorn, 20, Gamaliel, 1 Oct 2019

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP64535
Katie Cawthorn

Female, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 0" - 5' 5" (60 - 65 Inches)
Weight 130 - 180 lbs

Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Brown

Piercing
Ears.

Scar/mark
Between eyebrows.

Circumstances

Date of Last Contact October 1, 2019
NamUs Case Created January 22, 2020
Last Known Location Map
Location Gamaliel, Kentucky 42140
Monroe County

Circumstances of Disappearance
On 10/10/2019 law enforcement was contacted to report Katie Cawthorn missing. They were advised that Cawthorn had not been seen or heard of since 10/1/2019. The reporting party stated that they and Katie were traveling to Tennessee and then returned home to Gamaliel. Once back to Gamaliel, and argument ensued and Katie decided to leave the residence with the intention to go to a creek approximately 3 miles away. She packed a small bag and set out on foot with no cell phone.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This is her FB page:

Katie Mae Cawthorn (April 2016)

She has friends and family all posting about Katie's disappearance on their personal FB pages. These people are very upset that Katie hasn't been found yet. It was very sad to read.

Her IG, although the last photo was almost 6 years ago:

☝️Mįśš Kåtįę (@katie_mae_cawthorn) • Instagram photos and videos

Some MSM about Katie's disappearance, all from Nov 6, 2019:

Kentucky State Police seek help locating missing mom:

Police confirm Cawthorn is the mother of a young child and her family is very worried.

upload_2020-1-27_1-4-8.png

Authorities looking for Kentucky woman who has not seen for over a month

KSP requesting assistance finding missing Monroe County woman

Very strange. They don't know her height and weight? Couldn't they get that info from her family or driver's license? I mean, a range of 5 inches and 50 lbs?

But even more strange......the "story".
"They got in an argument, so she packed a small bag, without her phone, and set out on foot to go to A CREEK three miles away". Okay......

This does seem a bit odd, who was the last person that had contact with Katie ? Did no one worry that she was missing ? Where is her son ? I will see if I can turn up anything in local media. Anyone familiar with this area ? TIA Praying for Katie

How awful for her Mom, if this was my child I would be the biggest PIA possible ! Odd disappearance, not phone, vague and am praying her Mom has her son. Hope Mom knows much more and where to start beating the bushes so to speak.
This case is red flag at every turn. Pray LE has a good handle on this "story" and Prayers for Family and friends to find the strength they need to see this through. MOO

This does seem a bit odd, who was the last person that had contact with Katie ? Did no one worry that she was missing ? Where is her son ? I will see if I can turn up anything in local media. Anyone familiar with this area ? TIA Praying for Katie

I'm a few hours north of Gamaliel, but where she was sounds like a pretty rural area. I don't recall ever being in Gamaliel, or having heard of it before this.

Gamaliel seems like it's about 2 hours from both Louisville and Nashville, to give a rough idea of the location.

Wikipedia gives the county population over 10,000 with Gamaliel's population in the 300s. If there is someone local - they might know her.

I hope she's found soon.

I'm a few hours north of Gamaliel, but where she was sounds like a pretty rural area. I don't recall ever being in Gamaliel, or having heard of it before this.

Gamaliel seems like it's about 2 hours from both Louisville and Nashville, to give a rough idea of the location.

Wikipedia gives the county population over 10,000 with Gamaliel's population in the 300s. If there is someone local - they might know her.

I hope she's found soon.

Hoping something comes up and she is located. I’ve never heard of Gamaliel before. I’ll have to look more into this area.

Is "Missing Persons Cases Network" an ok fb site to link to? I haven't linked to many fb sites so I'm not completely clear on the rules about sites that aren't news but aren't personal fb pages either.

That's way too long to be missing,

Praying she is found soon.

Is "Missing Persons Cases Network" an ok fb site to link to? I haven't linked to many fb sites so I'm not completely clear on the rules about sites that aren't news but aren't personal fb pages either.
I'm not a mod, but I have seen that site linked many times. I just read the post about Katie, and it has some additional info. Here is the link:

Missing Persons Cases Network

Very strange. They don't know her height and weight? Couldn't they get that info from her family or driver's license? I mean, a range of 5 inches and 50 lbs?

But even more strange......the "story".
"They got in an argument, so she packed a small bag, without her phone, and set out on foot to go to A CREEK three miles away". Okay......

Height 5' 0" - 5' 5" (60 - 65 Inches)
Weight 130 - 180 lbs

Who was the person she fought with? Was if physical. I did some research and it shows drug issues in her past. What did they go to TN for?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back