Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im confused on what youre getting at. Just got lost in the pages. Can you explain?

I do want to add though that never was an Amber Alert put out. That should tell you something.

Here are the Amber Alert requirements for Colorado specifically. Each state may have slightly different policies than each other

Colorado has strict requirements for issuing and AMBER Alert. They are:

• The abducted child must be 17 years of age or younger
  • The abducted child must be in immediate danger of serious bodily harm or death
  • There must be enough descriptive information available to believe a broadcast will assist or aid in the recovery
  • The activation must be requested by a local law enforcement agency or AMBER designee from another state
I dont think Gannon was ever believed to be a runaway. TS doesnt seem capable of selling a solid story. I imagine the over explaining was worse than what we've seen since we are getting talked at vs sitting down with the ability to ask very pointed questions that must be answered on the spot.

In my opinion, if Gannon was believed to be a runaway he would have been in danger as an 11 year old with no street smarts and the cold so he would have gotten an Amber Alert.

The reason they never did an Amber Alert is because they believed he was dead based on what they guessed and then found upon looking in the house. Probably also things Tee said to the police that we have never even heard. She probably used past tense like she did in the video too. Then upon looking they found enough to not think he is in danger only because it was too late and she had killed him.

Even after the upgrade to Endangered child, he still did not get an Amber Alert. Why wouldn't he if there was hope he was alive?

The reasoning they used for the upgrade was idiotic too. They said "due to his age, medication, and weather we have upgraded it" ALL of those things were true when he went missing. The weather is cold. Its winter in CO. He was 11 on Monday. He was on meds on Mon. Vyvanse also isn't a life or death medicine either so I just found that to be an excuse.

Just my opinion though

The reasoning they used for the upgrade was idiotic? o_O

EPCSheriff (@EPCSheriff) on Twitter
Letecia Stauch is in our custody in the El Paso County Jail. Charged with: Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust), Child Abuse Resulting in Death Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, and Tampering with Physical Evidence. #FindGannon #GannonStauch
Isn’t that tampering with a deceased human body charge new?

It's one of the original charges and there's been some discussion about what that could entail. It could be anything done to human remains with an intent to hinder/impair an investigation, including just concealing it.

A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 6 - :: Offenses Relating to Judicial and Other Proceedings :: § 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body

Can I ask where the Bloody Board, Sock and puddle of blood information is coming from? I can't seem to find it mentioned other than on message boards.
In TS latest interview, she mentioned that AS had called her and asked her about a sock, and bloody 2x4 found abandoned somewhere. He also asked about a saucer sized blood stain found in GS bedroom floor.

Can I ask where the Bloody Board, Sock and puddle of blood information is coming from? I can't seem to find it mentioned other than on message boards.

As far as I know - the bloody board and a sock has ONLY come from Leticia Stauch herself. Below is the article.

Bloody Board and Sock
Stauch added that her husband told her that Gannon’s sock and a bloody 2×4 board were found in the woods near Douglas County.

Stauch explained that her family frequently loaded up boards they didn’t need from their garage into the pickup truck, leftovers from her husband’s woodworking hobby. She claimed that there had been several accidents in the garage, which could have easily accounted for a bloodied board.

When asked how the board would have ended up in the woods, Stauch said that things have flown out of the back of the truck before while she was driving. She said the same thing could have happened to the board or Gannon’s sock.

When questioned whether law enforcement specifically told her about the wood or a sock, Stauch said, “LE [law enforcement] have not said one word to me, have not called me.”

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom says bloody board was not her fault. She’s now facing child abuse, murder charges [EXCLUSIVE PART 3]

It's one of the original charges and there's been some discussion about what that could entail. It could be anything done to human remains with an intent to hinder/impair an investigation, including just concealing it.

A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 6 - :: Offenses Relating to Judicial and Other Proceedings :: § 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body
Snipped

Tecia Stauch was arrested early Monday morning in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and is facing first-degree murder charges for a child under the age of 12 years, child abuse resulting in death and tampering with physical evidence. She will remain in custody without bond in South Carolina until she is extradited to Colorado Springs.
Missing Boy Gannon Stauch's Stepmother Letecia Stauch Arrested, Facing Murder Charges
Thanks I was looking at the above. I remember the tampering charge and discussions. Just didn't Remember there were 2 tampering charges. Thanks all who clarified.

Snipped

Tecia Stauch was arrested early Monday morning in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and is facing first-degree murder charges for a child under the age of 12 years, child abuse resulting in death and tampering with physical evidence. She will remain in custody without bond in South Carolina until she is extradited to Colorado Springs.
Missing Boy Gannon Stauch's Stepmother Letecia Stauch Arrested, Facing Murder Charges
Thanks I was looking at the above. I remember the tampering charge and discussions. Just didn't Remember there were 2 tampering charges. Thanks all who clarified.

CBS just missed that charge. Here's the original press release from the Sheriff.

Arrest Made in Gannon Stauch Case

Booking Detail for 2000003896
Name: LETECIA LEANN STAUCH
DOB1983
EyesBrown
HairBrown
Height5'04"
Weight135
SexFemale
RaceWhite
Scars/Marks
LocationCJC

Charges
Court DateCourt DivDegreeCourt Case NumberBond TypeBond AmountRelease Date
03/06/20 9:0020CR1358NO BOND$0.00
03/06/20 9:00None20CR1358NO BOND$0.00

Holds
DescriptionHolds Code
AdministrativeADMINISTRATIVE
AdministrativeADMINISTRATIVE

Warrants
NumberDescriptionLevel
20CR1358Arrest WarrantFelony
20CR1382Arrest WarrantFelony
| El Paso County Sheriff
Here u go @Niner

Trying (again) to catch up. Can someone confirm she's set to be in court at 1:30? And we'll be able to see it - or will it not be live-streamed?

And this is when her atty will ask for the involved affidavits to be unsealed? Anything else to expect at this hearing?

Thanks to anyone that can answer these for me. I don't have the time to skim the whole thread today.

Hi Anna, playing catchup myself today.. was hoping to find an unsealed case ready for reading, still have an intact bottle of Jameson if it's gonna be harsh. It WILL be harsh.
And I know in my heart every single word written will impale my heart and mind and I will refer to it over and over and over again...
And It hurts more to know the parents that bore and loved him will be reading it for the first time too and their broken hearts will be stabbed again and shattered again in a million fragments and That's the hardest thing.
May they be surrounded and protected in a cloak of Divine love and protection is all..

Good to see your sweet gentle presence.

Thank you and good to see you too. I agree. It will be terrible and so hard to hear the details that led to this sweet boy's death. It'll be heartbreaking. Still, I hope it will be released soon. The public, the community needs to know and I think the courts will agree. The first case I followed through to the end was Kelsey Berreth's . I'll never forget how shocking and horrifying the details released at the preliminary hearing were and there was way more evidence than anybody imagined. This case will be the same, but with different circumstances. I think they will go harder this time, because it's a child murder. I feel sure Dan May will nail it. No doubt at all. She's definitely looking at lwop.

The law must be different by state then. Failure to take care of one's child/step-child or placing one's child in danger wouldn't be an abduction in my state I don't believe. (Based on missing children cases in my state, not legal knowledge)

Here an Amber Alert requires suspicion that a stranger, "friend," or non-custodial family member has taken the child without permission from a custodial parent. It also requires that enough descriptive info about a possible abductor be available to justify the alert. CO seems to require that too.

In any case, I'm not sure how any alert would have helped in this case. And I'd hate for the reaction to this tragic case
to be that LE needs to issue them much more often. It's thought using too many Amber Alerts will dilute their value.
JMO

If you believe the Monday video of Gannon not returning then how would that not fit then? Step parent claims to lose the childEvelyn Boswell didnt have a car or description of an abductor.
The reasoning they used for the upgrade was idiotic? o_O

When you say "oh we felt we needed to upgrade bc x, y, z" and those things were always true. He was always 11 years old not a new fact, he was always on medication not new, and the weather being cold also not new.

See what I mean? Day 1 when Gannon was reported missing those were all the same factors for this new need to upgrade. I'm just saying that it wasn't a believable reason they now felt the need based on the reasons they gave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni