Found Deceased NV - Scott Madden, 38, Washoe County, 13 July 2019 *car found at Galena Creek Park*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do any locals know if there is cult activity in this area? I have a hard time believing Scott went somewhere against his will.

I'm not an expert but I am in the Reno/Sparks area and have never heard of any cult activity. Drugs, gangs, trafficking, yes, but not cults.

I just googled and it does appear he made all the local news back in July and into August but nothing much, if at all, since then. Sad :(
Definitely seems like we've had more missing persons lately but our population has also exploded so . . .

Scott Madden, 38, was last seen around 9:45 p.m. on Saturday, July 13, 2019, when he left his home off Rough Rock Road, in the Hidden Valley area of Reno, to go for a swim. Scott, who was living with his parents and his 5-year-old daughter, never returned. When Scott didn’t show up for his job at a consignment car lot on Monday, his mother told Dateline she knew something was wrong because he loved that job and was saving money to get a place with his daughter. They reported him missing.

On Wednesday, July 17, the silver Toyota 4Runner Scott had been driving was discovered by a park ranger at Galena Creek Regional Park. His wallet was still in the truck. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office search and rescue team scoured the dense forest with the help of a helicopter and search dogs. Public Information Officer Bob Harmon told Dateline there was no evidence of Scott being at the park. Scott’s bank account has had no money withdrawn since that Saturday afternoon. Scott is described as 6’4” tall, 225 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

scott_madden_2eee5f8b43a26c6e2b4169a26b9eb06a.fit-360w.png

Scott Madden, 38, was last seen around 9:45 p.m. on Saturday, July 13, 2019, when he left his home off Rough Rock Road, in the Hidden Valley area of Reno, to go for a swim. Scott, who was living with his parents and his 5-year-old daughter, never returned. When Scott didn’t show up for his job at a consignment car lot on Monday, his mother told Dateline she knew something was wrong because he loved that job and was saving money to get a place with his daughter. They reported him missing.

On Wednesday, July 17, the silver Toyota 4Runner Scott had been driving was discovered by a park ranger at Galena Creek Regional Park. His wallet was still in the truck. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office search and rescue team scoured the dense forest with the help of a helicopter and search dogs. Public Information Officer Bob Harmon told Dateline there was no evidence of Scott being at the park. Scott’s bank account has had no money withdrawn since that Saturday afternoon. Scott is described as 6’4” tall, 225 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

scott_madden_2eee5f8b43a26c6e2b4169a26b9eb06a.fit-360w.png

What a handsome fellow. I really wonder about this one. I lean towards self-harm or accidental drowning but just not sure.

MOO
I wonder if he owed money to someone or someone close to him he trusted, but they did not trust him to keep quite.. Made him disappear. Did he know anything shady in Nevada? Shady people? Shady dealings?
If self harm I see no reason to put his family through the not knowing.
I think he would of left a note.
At one time a person was signing up to become verified insider.
But that was months and months ago.

sad :(
Hiker finds remains of missing Hidden Valley man

The remains of a missing Hidden Valley man have been found near Galena Creek Regional Park.

Scott Madden, 38, had been missing since July 13, 2019.

The Washoe County Sheriff's Office says a hiker found Madden's remains Sunday, February 23, 2020 in a remote area of the Mt. Rose wilderness.

The medical examiner confirmed Madden's identity through dental comparison.

The cause of death is still under investigation, but the sheriff's office says there is no evidence of criminal activity at this time.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call detectives at (775) 328-3320.

Thank you @pandamonium
RIP Scott/salute sir
Your life mattered
I am grateful that his parents, daughter and loved one's can lay him to rest and began the process of moving forward.

The not knowing was breaking hearts and maybe answers will come to the why, what, or possibly who.
Scott was greatly missed and loved.

another link:
Washoe County Deputies Say Remains of Missing Hidden Valley Man Found

Washoe deputies say there is no report of any criminal activity at this time, however, it is still an open investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Washoe County Sheriff's office Detective Division at (775) 328-3320, or call Secret Witness at 775-322-4900, or text your tip to 847411. Your call will remain anonymous.

@Kittybunny
Wanted to Alert you
Re: Scott

Thank you for the heads up! His being found in this remote area and outside of his car makes it more likely to me that this was self-harm. He told his family he was going for a swim, but he was not. Unfortunately, many people with many seeming things to live for do commit suicide. We never know the pain and despair that those folks keep hidden. Of course, we don't know for sure, but given the remoteness and complicated logistics of someone having committed foul play and then getting back somehow, etc...seems Occam's Razor applies here.

Bless his family and loved ones, and hope there are definitive answers soon.

So sad! Hope they’re able to find any evidence at all so they don’t have to just end up telling family what they “guess” happened in Scott’s death. Hoping for family and other ones to grieve and heal from this tragedy. Rest In Peace, you will be missed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios
Back