MO - Anand, 41, & Kourtney Torres, 29, found deceased at home, Lake Ozark, 10 Nov 2019

That's very surprising. With three children and all the reports that they were upstanding community members, it seems really odd that they were keeping such a dangerous addiction secret.

She was a nurse... Was there evidence of stolen fentanyl at the hospital where she worked? Did one or both of them have prescriptions for fentanyl? Fentanyl is not prescribed very often, and as a nurse, Kourtney would have known the severe risks of taking it without appropriate opioid tolerance. [ETA: Considering her professional background and presumed knowledge, I highly doubt they took this intentionally UNLESS it was a murder-suicide.] I assume the investigators found drugs at the home of the victims and likely investigated where they got the drugs... So what did they discover?

It still could have been murder-suicide. Is the case closed now with no foul play suspected? The whole situation seems very weird considering that their lifestyle apparently clashed with drug abuse. I can see hiding one spouse's drug abuse, but both spouses?? Or did they really both decide out of the blue to experiment with street drugs with unintended fatal consequences?

ETA:

There seem to be only four possibilities, in order of likelihood:

1) Accidental overdose of prescription fentanyl or stolen fentanyl from hospital where Kourtney worked: Almost certainly not considering Kourtney was a nurse and would know that taking fentanyl could kill them pretty easily. Plus, she would have at least had naloxone on hand in case they were planning risky opioid abuse.

2) Suicide pact: Both deliberately overdosed with the intent of dying. This doesn't seem likely to me considering their three children were left behind. In most suicide pacts, the parents will take their kids with them.

3) Recreational illicit drug abuse: They appeared active and healthy in the community but both were hiding a dark secret. Despite Kourtney being a health care provider and knowing all the too well the dangers of fentanyl-laced drugs, they procured street drugs that unbeknownst to them were laced with fentanyl. Again, very unlikely considering Kourtney's background as a nurse. There's no way she didn't know the risks involved with illicit drug abuse.

4) Murder-suicide. To me, this seems the most likely by process of elimination.

Last edited:
That's very surprising. With three children and all the reports that they were upstanding community members, it seems really odd that they were keeping such a dangerous addiction secret.

She was a nurse... Was there evidence of stolen fentanyl at the hospital where she worked? Did one or both of them have prescriptions for fentanyl? Fentanyl is not prescribed very often, and as a nurse, Kourtney would have known the severe risks of taking it without appropriate opioid tolerance. I assume the investigators found drugs at the home of the victims and likely investigated where they got the drugs... So what did they discover?

It still could have been murder-suicide. Is the case closed now with no foul play suspected? The whole situation seems very weird considering that their lifestyle apparently clashed with drug abuse. I can see hiding one spouse's drug abuse, but both spouses?? Or did they really both decide out of the blue to experiment with street drugs with unintended fatal consequences?

they may not have known they were taking fentanyl. Many fentanyl overdoses are from heroin laced with fentanyl, often times without the user knowing the heroin is laced. Unfortunately, heroin addiction is a MAJOR problem in our country, and it doesn’t discriminate.

they may not have known they were taking fentanyl. Many fentanyl overdoses are from heroin laced with fentanyl, often times without the user knowing the heroin is laced. Unfortunately, heroin addiction is a MAJOR problem in our country, and it doesn’t discriminate.

See my updated post which addresses this theory. She was a nurse and as a healthcare professional she would be more than educated on the dangers of illicit drugs laced with fentanyl. I just don't see it being a case of two heroin addicts here.

Thanks for the updates, folks. Tragic as it is, there at least are some answers for loved ones. May God help those left behind.

See my updated post which addresses this theory. She was a nurse and as a healthcare professional she would be more than educated on the dangers of illicit drugs laced with fentanyl. I just don't see it being a case of two heroin addicts here.

my brother was a very highly regarded and successful nurse who died of an accidental overdose last March. Like I said, opioid addiction doesn’t discriminate.

She was a nurse... Was there evidence of stolen fentanyl at the hospital where she worked? Did one or both of them have prescriptions for fentanyl? Fentanyl is not prescribed very often, and as a nurse, Kourtney would have known the severe risks of taking it without appropriate opioid tolerance. [ETA: Considering her professional background and presumed knowledge, I highly doubt they took this intentionally UNLESS it was a murder-suicide.] I assume the investigators found drugs at the home of the victims and likely investigated where they got the drugs... So what did they discover?

ETA:

There seem to be only four possibilities, in order of likelihood:

1) Accidental overdose of prescription fentanyl or stolen fentanyl from hospital where Kourtney worked: Almost certainly not considering Kourtney was a nurse and would know that taking fentanyl could kill them pretty easily. Plus, she would have at least had naloxone on hand in case they were planning risky opioid abuse.

2) Suicide pact: Both deliberately overdosed with the intent of dying. This doesn't seem likely to me considering their three children were left behind. In most suicide pacts, the parents will take their kids with them.

3) Recreational illicit drug abuse: They appeared active and healthy in the community but both were hiding a dark secret. Despite Kourtney being a health care provider and knowing all the too well the dangers of fentanyl-laced drugs, they procured street drugs that unbeknownst to them were laced with fentanyl. Again, very unlikely considering Kourtney's background as a nurse. There's no way she didn't know the risks involved with illicit drug abuse.

4) Murder-suicide. To me, this seems the most likely by process of elimination.
I do not think this was a murder suicide. Just because Kourtney was a nurse and knew the risks involved with illicit drug abuse does not mean she and her husband did not try it, if even just once. We will likely never know because the sheriff's department has closed the investigation. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back