GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

Even if he does plead guilty in VA, there is no way he would be back in MI for the wedding.

Does he think his confession about murdering Alexis will gain him negotiations in VA? VA owes him nothing. If he pleads guilty to both, I think he would have to do his time in VA before being returned to MI to face charges or serve time in VA.

He's over 70. What are the odds he'll even live long enough to complete a 2nd degree murder sentence in VA?

I will be sure to connect with the prosecutor's office before Arp 30 when Bowman is back in court. The Allegan Det. gave the Va. det. working Bowman's case my name and phone#. The DNA hasn't come back to verify the remains located in Bowman's backyard, I have no doubt they are my daughter's but I'll wait to hear back before I contact anyone. I believe Bowman thinks if he doesn't challenge Va. he'll be tried, then sentenced and allowed to go back to MI. to stand trial there for the murder of my daughter just in time for his daughter, Vanessa's wedding! I mean it's just that crazy!!

Even if he does plead guilty in VA, there is no way he would be back in MI for the wedding.

Does he think his confession about murdering Alexis will gain him negotiations in VA? VA owes him nothing. If he pleads guilty to both, I think he would have to do his time in VA before being returned to MI to face charges or serve time in VA.

He's over 70. What are the odds he'll even live long enough to complete a 2nd degree murder sentence in VA?

He's in no position to bargain but I'm glad he thought he could otherwise he wouldn't have told where Alexis was.

I'd like to see him not put to death. The longer he lives the more chance he will see other cases being solved that were him.

It's really up to Cathy and Kathleen's family what they want. Rotting in jail would be my number one since he was free all of these years

The death penalty is the ultimate punishment AND ultimate deterrent. No executed rapist or murderer has ever committed another such crime.

But the threat of the death penalty can also be an incentive for someone facing it to try to bargain for their own life by confessing to other crimes they have committed. Bowman is proof of that already. Because he thought he could avoid prosecution in Virginia and remain in Michigan, he FINALLY - after years of lying - gave up Aundria's burial site.

This guy is delusional - as noted by his belief that he will beat the Virginia charges and be back again in Michigan. In time for a June wedding, no less!

He is a narcissist who thinks only of himself at all times, and will say anything to prolong his worthless life. How would a guaranteed life time of free room and board, color TV, and green jello every Wednesday convince him to give up any of his many other victims?

The death penalty is the ultimate punishment AND ultimate deterrent. No executed rapist or murderer has ever committed another such crime.

But the threat of the death penalty can also be an incentive for someone facing it to try to bargain for their own life by confessing to other crimes they have committed. Bowman is proof of that already. Because he thought he could avoid prosecution in Virginia and remain in Michigan, he FINALLY - after years of lying - gave up Aundria's burial site.

This guy is delusional - as noted by his belief that he will beat the Virginia charges and be back again in Michigan. In time for a June wedding, no less!

He is a narcissist who thinks only of himself at all times, and will say anything to prolong his worthless life. How would a guaranteed life time of free room and board, color TV, and green jello every Wednesday convince him to give up any of his many other victims?

Many serial killers have not bargained with confessing more by having the death penalty. You just never know which ones will talk and which ones won't.

State police from other states do not normally become involved in an investigation unless there is some compelling reason such as a similar case in their own jurisdiction. It is possible that Bowman was known to have lived in or traveled to North Carolina - or possible that a similar murder from that same time frame was committed there. Time might tell.

It just keeps snowballing....... if he is not a serial killer, he is no doubt a serial rapist.

Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989

The woman was 6 years old when she was abducted. Side by side picture, the composite sketch of the assailant of the 6 year old and Dennis Bowman.

If he is indeed responsible for abducting the 6 year old, we can add pedophile to the list.

It's hard for me to believe he wasn't molesting his biological daughter. This guy had no boundaries. None. Just wait until his DNA is added to Codis.

It just keeps snowballing....... if he is not a serial killer, he is no doubt a serial rapist.

Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989

The woman was 6 years old when she was abducted. Side by side picture, the composite sketch of the assailant of the 6 year old and Dennis Bowman.

If he is indeed responsible for abducting the 6 year old, we can add pedophile to the list.

It's hard for me to believe he wasn't molesting his biological daughter. This guy had no boundaries. None. Just wait until his DNA is added to Codis.

Carl deserves a lot of credit because he has put a lot of time into her case since she came to Alexis's page in 2013. Carl mapped the route from his work to where he picked up the girl, where she was found to his house. It was a straight drive. Hard to doubt it wasn't him.

Carl then dug in with info about the truck which Bowman did own at the time.

He also got the mug shot to compare to the sketch she had.

Cops had to listen to her with so much lining up. Too bad they couldn't get his DNA from the rope when they tried a few years ago

Last edited:
Carl deserves a lot of credit because he has put a lot of time into her case since she came to Alexis's page in 2013. Carl mapped the route from his work to where he picked up the girl, where she was found to his house. It was a straight drive. Hard to doubt it wasn't him.

Carl then dug in with info about the truck which Bowman did own at the time.

He also got the mug shot to compare to the sketch she had.

Cops had to listen to her with so much lining up. Too bad they couldn't get his DNA from the rope when they tried a few years ago

I agree Roselvr, Carl deserves lots of credit! He is so sharp, and skilled at investigating the details of a crime that the P.I. I hired said to him, "U scare me Carl!" A real compliment from a retired MSP!
In 2014, Carl and I went to MI. for a Missing in Michigan event, while in Holland, MI we drove the route the abducted child was taken.
The abductor drove 17-19 miles to the Silver Creek Park which is a very rural area near Hamilton, MI. The child was able to say her abductor drove off in the direction of Bowman's house. Bowman lives about 5 miles from that park!
The abducted child's description of the truck and the abductor fits Bowman perfectly! We've found the truck, and it's been linked to Bowman.
The six 6 y.o. did an amazing job of remembering the details of her abductors face! Put that composite next to Bowman's 1980 mugshot, which my P.I. obtained, and u can't rule Dennis Lee Bowman out! The abductor took off the child's shirt then tied it around her mouth, maybe there's DNA on that shirt, I'm sure this time LE will test the shirt this time too!
For me the six yr. old, now 36, solved her abduction. She never gave up, she spent years of her life looking for the monster who did this to her! She found me and Carl, we didn't find her! I find that amazing!
Justice is long overdue and needed so there can be some level of peace and healing!

Last edited:
Just finished reading a book on an unrelated case that made me think a lot about why Bowman may have wanted to plead guilty to Kathleen Doyle's murder in Virginia.

Hamilton man wants to plead guilty to 1980 Virginia murder

He wants to represent himself and plead guilty.

The Last Stone by Mark Bowden, is about the 1975 abduction & murders of sisters Sheila & Kate Lyon in Maryland.

Sheila and Katherine Lyon

It details the complex investigation, spanning both Maryland & Virginia, into Lloyd Welch, the man who eventually plead guilty. He could have been charged in Maryland, but:

"The case against Lloyd was stronger in Virginia, primarily because Lloyd's final story of driving human remains to Taylor's Mountain was corroborated by his cousins. Virginia also made sense because Lloyd had several times voiced his fear of being executed, since Maryland was not a death-penalty state, he was considered more likely to accept a guilty plea in Virginia to avoid death row- a calculation that proved correct." The Last Stone, p. 323

The book also talks about how many agencies were involved in the Welch case. The FBI mapped Welch's travels to see if there were connections to unsolved crimes in other states. I would think that at this point, that is also likely with the Bowman case. Especially given how many agencies were involved in the Kathleen Doyle case:

Hamilton man wants to plead guilty to 1980 Virginia murder
The investigation was a collaboration with the NCIS, Allegan County Sheriff’s Office, Michigan State Police, Ottawa County and North Carolina State Police.

I'm always amazed by how some killers, who are so eager to take the lives of others, in the end are terrified of dying & do everything to avoid the death penalty. Maybe it's their narcissism...

Last edited:
New mugshot of Dennis Bowman and new charges of first degree murder, rape, and burglary relating to the 1980 rape and murder of Kathleen Doyle. He has a hearing for the new charges on 03/10/2020 at 09:30 AM.
r0ZJdSp.jpg

sjOpXJh.png

QV5eHii.png

New mugshot of Dennis Bowman and new charges of first degree murder, rape, and burglary relating to the 1980 rape and murder of Kathleen Doyle. He has a hearing for the new charges on 03/10/2020 at 09:30 AM.
r0ZJdSp.jpg

sjOpXJh.png

QV5eHii.png

Thanks, day before Alexis is missing plus his wedding anniversary

I'm confused. How are there two different murder dates? One for 09/09/1980 and another for 09/11/1980.
I guess it's because Kathleen's body was found on 09/11/1980, but she had died at least 24 hours before, according to this article. The murder must have actually been committed on 09/09/1980.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back