Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because she didn't get to open her mouth more than twice. Was that a smirk after she said her name? Is she that proud of herself? That happy to hear her own voice? Proud that she still gets to call herself Stauch?
Even if he divorces her, which I assume he will, I've never heard of a divorced person having to change their name, by law.

In the interview when the reporter asked the prosecutor if they found Gannon's body yet, he answered that he didn't want to discuss the case etc. Did anyone else get the impression that they could have potentially found the body? LE is still asking for tips but there have been no searches that we know of. Maybe my perception is off, but he didn't say "no" we didn't find the body like LE keeps saying. It could be that he was just giving a generic scripted answer to any question that could accidentally leak anything. It was just something about how he answered that caught my attention for some reason.
BBM- This has been my feeling for the past few days. When I listened to him answer that question, my heart jumped.

IMO- I feel they may have already found Gannon and are keeping it quiet until her actual hearing next week.
I can only think of 2 reasons for them not saying anything at all about any searches--
1. They have already found him
2. They are still searching but not disclosing it to the public.
Just my thoughts today.

Imo no she won’t tell - she has the same arrogance I’ve seen in other accused killers ...

She is still in control if she doesn't disclose where his body is. It is an arrogance but also a way to say no body, no crime. Many try that as a defense and it allows them to continue spout their innocence to anyone who might believe them.

I feel that she enjoys terrorizing his mother and father. Each day, Gannon isn't found is one more day that she has a dagger in their heart.

Lastly, it would be to her benefit in this case to have him not found or found months or years later. Valuable evidence will degrade overtime. Once again, she could claim that it wasn't her and LE is framing her.

Definitely a sociopath.

Last edited:
My guess is that she will not reveal the location of Gannon's body. I sense that withholding that information gives her power and control. Now that she is in prison, where she has little power or control, the need to feed this base desire will be even stronger.

I would be overjoyed to be wrong.
I think the same thing unless there is a deal too sweet for her to pass up but I pray LE has enough info to find him on their own soon....I just cant see how she found a way to hide him so well by herself that he still hasn't been found!!

IF (I hope to god not ! Gannon is not found "whole"
), maybe charges will be tacked on to the existing arrest warrant ?

Can't upgrade from murder in the first with premeditation; but anything that can be added would be good.

ok I’m a bit perplexed. Court was today cuz judge wanted it to be today. They wanted to advise her of her rights today. She was in a suicide vest. DA didn’t slam down the question wether Gannon’s body was found. And LE chose to drive TS instead of flying.
Do I have all that right?
If so I think we may have breaking news soon we have all been not so patiently waiting for. I’m stalking sheriff twitter who wants to be the one to confirm such breaking news.
#findgannon #justiceforgannon
Yeah, I don't think they wanted to wait one more day before advising her of her 'right to remain silent' and her 'right' to an attorney since she has been so vocal about everything.

I'm not sure if it all means there may soon be breaking news. They may be just trying to move things along as swiftly as possible. The suicide smock might be standard procedure and the DA is not talking because it is an active investigation.

I hope there is some news soon, though. I haven't heard anything about any searches going on but I would think the media would find out. Or LE may want to keep it quiet because they don't want them there.

Imo

Y’all know I’m relatively new to following cases, like this intently. I am stumped on a few things, which is why I’m asking this question. For all of you who have much more experience following these types of cases, I would like to know what your personal opinions are about the odds of T telling law-enforcement where Gannon’s precious body is.
Please advise.

I think most of us are not holding our breaths. However, I do think that if someone within LE plays Good Cop with her and strokes her narcissism, she's opened her beak so many times, she will do so again. She's going to have major mental issues being a prisoner. She's older than most of the women who will be around her. She's used to a middle class life. She was, until just over a month ago, acting as the mom of a family, with a husband. If she's the type of personality I think she is, she's going to start cracking and yapping - but will she say anything useful? Hopefully, her own attorney will be able to get it from her and tell her that she needs to negotiate. If she wants to go back to her "It's an accident" defense, then she needs to say where the body is, exactly. She needs to play dumb and scared.

I haven't been in a jail for about 5 years (I've done research in jails and mental hospitals, including Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane) so I'm sort of going by that and what I've seen work. I think she'll respond more to a male interviewer (just a hunch) and to little presents like food. She wants to tell. She wants the attention. She should do herself a favor and plead to a lesser charge in return for revealing where Gannon is. When I was working in jails and mental hospitals, there were a lot of people who were in their mid to late 20's and there are generational shifts in how people handle things (TS seems to think she's a millenial, is my point - if so, then she feels really butt hurt that she's forced to wear a certain thing and will not like the food).

If Gannon's body is going to reveal something really sinister in what she did...she probably is going to stay quiet.

Its a suicide gown for sure, very thick and non flowing(movable on the body). This does not mean she is suidcidal, with some its protocol with such a case. We take all shoe laces etc. When they get to jail they can have their undies as long as they are granny panties and white cotton, otherwise we have boxes of left overs from inmates that have left with large black sharpie (faded) of who they once belonged to, we just write over it with their name. The church groups that come in usually help them if they have no money on their books in jail, but not for candy or the like. They are offered Tylenol or Ibuprofen during medline buts its costly for those two pills and YES they do have to wait until MEDS to get them. It then goes on their tab. The only time the poor get treats if from other inmates, sometimes the church group or AA/NA during the holidays etc. You cannot earn money while in Jail, you only start to earn when you are sentenced and go to prison. I am trying to remember all the questions people had. I am sure she is in a cell alone for now but will be put in gen pop soon. After sentencing she will be sent to DRDC for classification and getting transferred to her new home. Probably in Canon City. IMHO

When will she be permitted to have visitors?

I had the same reaction. I hate to say this but could they have found parts of his body? Hence my post about Colorado’s newest Bill, - Tampering with a Deceased Body being reserved for dismemberment /mutilation.
Tampering with the deceased to become a felony

That's what I'm wondering.

Thank you for the information.

Is it correct to say that while on suicide watch, there is no leg or armpit shaving, and no tweezing eyebrows or chin hairs? If so, does that apply after suicide risk or just during??
They get one disposable razor per month (that is all inmates) it is kept in a box with tape with their name on the hole that their razor fits in. Also the name is written down the razor. They are given a hygeine pack upon arrival, it has soup, a cheapo toothbrush, tiny tube of yucky toothpaste and hmmm something else in that bag but cannot remember. Our inmates in our jail were not allowed tweezers so they would take string from the top of their socks and somehow use that to tweeze their brows. Some jails also have paper gowns that they give and in prison your buck naked in the cell, that always bothered me, but I just felt for them freezing in there. IMHO

BBM- This has been my feeling for the past few days. When I listened to him answer that question, my heart jumped.

IMO- I feel they may have already found Gannon and are keeping it quiet until her actual hearing next week.
I can only think of 2 reasons for them not saying anything at all about any searches--
1. They have already found him
2. They are still searching but not disclosing it to the public.
Just my thoughts today.
Had he been found, I just can’t fathom law enforcement being able to keep it a secret for any length of time.

Additionally, they would destroy their credibility, as this is what they said last night:

Gannon has NOT been found. We are still looking for him to bring him home to his family so he can have a proper burial. The only information deemed credible regarding the search for Gannon will come from EPSO. #FindGannon #stoptherumors

EPCSheriff on Twitter

I have to think it's for protection against others, especially given the note about AS and LH in the courtroom. I'd hope they'd do that for any perp that killed my kid when I'm sitting in the front row (purely to cover their own *advertiser censored* on liability).

Although I do acknowledge she is the kind of person that would feign suicide in this situation just for more attention.
Who gave what note about AS and LH to who?
I think she the sight of those two together could set her off. Seriously, TS has nothing to lose at this point.

Except the prisoner behind LT. His expressions are pretty exciting. haha

Oh my geeze. I had to go back and watch again because I didn't notice him. Hahaha

And yeah, she sure did smile after she said her name.
Eta: I agree with those of yall saying it would be awesome for LS to see AS and LH together. I personally think he should plant a big kiss on LH right in front of LS. THAT would prob set her off. Man I would love to see her face if that were to happen.
Bet she wouldn't be smiling then.

Y’all know I’m relatively new to following cases, like this intently. I am stumped on a few things, which is why I’m asking this question. For all of you who have much more experience following these types of cases, I would like to know what your personal opinions are about the odds of T telling law-enforcement where Gannon’s precious body is.
Please advise.

My guess is she isn't going to give them anything unless it directly benefits her.

With her personality type/disorder - I don't think she has it in her to tell where he is because she's going to go down claiming innocence. She also needs to control the situation. The only way controls is by keeping her secret. That's her Ace In The Hole.

The problem is, if she does give up his location, it really isn't going to help her much. If Colorado isn't really a Death Penalty state, then what's left to bargain? What would the lesser charge be? I don't think anybody wants to negotiate with her.

I would be shocked if she gave up his body. She'd have to take responsibility for her actions and that's not something she does.

MOO

They get one disposable razor per month (that is all inmates) it is kept in a box with tape with their name on the hole that their razor fits in. Also the name is written down the razor. They are given a hygeine pack upon arrival, it has soup, a cheapo toothbrush, tiny tube of yucky toothpaste and hmmm something else in that bag but cannot remember. Our inmates in our jail were not allowed tweezers so they would take string from the top of their socks and somehow use that to tweeze their brows. Some jails also have paper gowns that they give and in prison your buck naked in the cell, that always bothered me, but I just felt for them freezing in there. IMHO
What about tampons or feminine hygiene necessities?

Interesting!

For the record, Deputy DA Allen is running for the 4th Judicial DA seat Dan May is vacating this fall:
El Paso County's 4th Judicial District Attorney's race about to get more crowded

Having just watched this impromptu Q & A with reporters, my initial impressions of this prosecutor are quite favorable.

Admittedly, I was hoping to see Dan May at the courthouse today, but the reality is that he'll be out of office by the time this case goes to trial.

I'm sure Dan has been and will continue to maintain an active leadership role in building the prosecution case against TS right up until the day he leaves office.
He's still the boss.
I remain a huge fan of Dan May. Such a brilliant, brilliant man.
My sense is that he's going to be less visible to the public eye in this case than he was in the Kelsey case, though.

I think we're going to be seeing Michael Allen front and center, both in court appearances and at most, if not all, of the press conferences the DA's office holds moving forward.

His style is a bit different than Dan's, but in terms of substance, the two men are clearly kindred spirits.

I loved his comments re: it being way too premature to talk about whether or not they'd make a deal w/ TS in exchange for Gannon's location.

I also liked his statements at the end r/t the death penalty, and the fact that he's disappointed it's going away in CO.

I suspect he's going to grow on us, once we get used to his delivery style.

Except for TS, of course…he probably won't grow on her.
I don't think she's going to end up being a huge fan of his work.

YAY for Michael Allen!
I saw it in May.
I do not see it in this dude.
I doubt I ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics