Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question LE reported a "bloody board" and I know we've all been talking about a 2x4. I'm curious if it was confirmed to be an actual 2x4 or if that was just a sort of slang for talking about it. I feel like she would only move the board if she thought it would definitely incriminate her. Otherwise I would think she could just burn the part that had blood on it or, cut it off the rest of the wood.

So I'm thinking it was the murder weapon.

But I can't picture her wielding such a large item as a weapon. I'm wondering if it was a smaller plank of wood.
LE didn’t report it as far as I know. It was TS talking about it in her interview with Leigh Egan IIRC.
Gannon Stauch: Stepmom says bloody board was not her fault. She’s now facing child abuse, murder charges [EXCLUSIVE PART 3]

EBM to fix typos

Most of the "2x4's" that people buy in the USA are really 1-1/2" x 3-1/2". Because they are planed and dried to a certain moisture standard which means they won't warp so much. Actual 2X4s are available, but you might have to get them from a mill. Not usually used in construction in home-owner do it yourself projects.

Question LE reported a "bloody board" and I know we've all been talking about a 2x4. I'm curious if it was confirmed to be an actual 2x4 or if that was just a sort of slang for talking about it. I feel like she would only move the board if she thought it would definitely incriminate her. Otherwise I would think she could just burn the part that had blood on it or, cut it off the rest of the wood.

But I can't picture her wielding such a large item as a weapon. I'm wondering if it was a smaller plank of wood.

Speculation: the "bloody board" is a piece of the subfloor in the room where the assault took place, and she used a woodworking tool to cut the blood-soaked section out and tossed it. Gannon's basement bedroom would not have subfloor however, just pad and carpet over poured cement foundation. CS teams cut more pieces of the floor and took them as evidence.
MOO

In regards to AS not recognizing that his son was being abused by LS; I previously posted my opinion at a professional level from things I have experienced being a Nurse. I unfortunately also have personal experience. I was married to my ex husband for 18 years, he was diagnosed with BPD during our divorce and he was definitely Narcissistic as well.

In my opinion, I don't believe AS just left his children in the care of LS knowing they were possibly being abused.

When you live with someone who BPD or NPD or both its not always explosive and violent. In fact it's scary and confusing how normal things can appear to be most of the time. It's about control for them and being right ALL of the time. It's strange to look back on it now and I often ask myself why I stayed as long as I did. The problem is you learn to adapt. You stop offering your opinion, you do your best not to disagree with them, you do what they want and let them live in a world where they are always right. Your children also learn early on that as long as you don't step out of line there won't be any scary yelling sessions. When the person with the neurosis is in control things can go pretty smoothly and you can function like this for a long time, at least until you grow tired of being stifled and walking on eggshells like I did. My ex husband never physically abused any of us, not even once. But, he did have tantrums and yelled, screamed, threw and broke things etc when he didn't get his way.

Sure, you see things and you know deep down that this person you married needs help. But it's not always obvious abuse or even physical abuse. I honestly believed that he was just strict and I was sensitive for the longest time. Years of this coupled with education and therapy showed me it was not ok.

I filed for a divorce AND that's when the real fun started. In 18 years I had never seen the behavior he exhibited during that time. He did everything possible and I mean EVERYTHING to regain control including a suicide attempt in which I had to do CPR and save his life. That is when he finally got help and a diagnosis. I divorced him and we moved on and he still struggles with angry outbursts when I tell him something he doesn't agree with. I don't know if there is a real fix but he is way better than he used to be and more aware of the consequences of his behavior.

Sorry for the book. I just wanted to share because it's not always cut and dry and I don't think AS saw his children being abused and simply overlooked it. I think she snapped when things started spiraling out of her control. Control is key to these personality types.

Thanks. Just to clarify, from what info TS leaked about the custody issues, custody isn’t something TS wanted or pursued—it’s a burden she felt was unfairly dumped in her lap due to circumstances (and in her mind, LH) etc. Which is part of the basis for my original statements this morning re: how none of what happened (e.g., ending up raising LH’s kids, etc.) meshed well with what she envisioned for her life/future with AS. All of which is of course MOO/JMO based on what info is available to us.
@MamaOV , your insight is a bit more clearer than mine and the piece fits better into the puzzle. Now it is easier to understand her disdain toward LH and caring for the children. LH's difficulties resulted in inconveniencing TS with the children. Thank you for opening my eyes :)

So, could this be the reason that, during the court appearance with her public defender, there was a question as to whether or not they wished to appear on the 18th instead of the 11th. The 18th would put her second appearance After the divorce proceeding.
I think we’re soon going to need a program for her unfolding consequences fest.

2x4 is 2 inches thick and 4 inches wide.....nothing is said about the length, so I think she was perfectly capable of wielding a 2x4.

While I wholeheartedly respect your opinion, to believe they drive in silence the entire trip is in a way being naive. I support LE, I’m friends and family with LE and I would bet dollars to doughnuts the Deputies taunted her in one way another even if it was passive aggressively. Why? Because they KNOW the type they were hauling and she played right into their hands! Put it this way...do you think she attacked the officer for absolutely zero reason at all? Absolutely nothing happened along the ride but she got out of cuffs and decided to give blows to a LE officer for no reason. I know which scenario makes more sense in my head.

I know which scenario makes more sense too. The nutjob who murdered a child and lied about it, taunting the family and everyone else, absolutely slipped out of her cuffs and assaulted an officer. No doubt in my mind.

I could teach a class grades 1-6 in one state. I like to sub for various schools in the area. I love children. I worked with a special needs teacher for ages 6 to 21 for several years. I couldn't believe what was going on behind the parents backs in this small school. No way were the secretaries or the upper person in charge of firing and hiring workers should have been allowed around those children to torment them. Time out children were sat in a chair and verbal taunting was done by some of the office adults. A 12 year old boy student with autism walked through the hall and something was said to him by an office worker and he punched her in the eye then ran to me with his arms open. They laughed that he didn't punch me but I knew he wouldn't. This woman was besties with our school superintendent. Just a could do no wrong in this small town. I was picked on from her as well. Horrible what I saw and only my husband knows some things about this. Mouths are kept shut in some places. Never will contract work for schools. I will sub for some. Hate how mean people get away with things.

One of the things I am proud of over the years is I created a training center for Special Education teachers. I've taught about 30,000 of them. And most of the ones who come to our center will admire the quality of the teachers that come there for training. They are very kind decent passionate teachers. This is because when I see poor impulse control, lack of personal responsibility (ex coming late, not doing assignments,) shifting of blame, accusations of discrimination that are really just about anger and defensiveness, I realized years ago, if they are acting like this with adults, I can only imagine how they would act alone with special needs students in a classroom.

I give them a full refund and smile and send them on their way. I will not help these kinds of teachers get in the classroom. And it's frightening how many I've turned away. I used to refer to them a classroom cops. Some LE will go into the field because it's a calling. But some do it for a power trip and good benefits etc. Some teachers treat education like a vocation but others do it for summers off, benefits, and a good pension. They are cold hearted and want a power trip over victims. It's all about control and they wield it ruthlessly. You can see them a mile away. NOPE. Buh bye. They are always stunned when we send them packing. It's like it doesn't occur to them that they can be told NO.

Narcissists think teaching is easy because they think learners will just automatically learn from the knowledge and wisdom that is dripping from their every pore. Rules and deadlines are not for them. The children have to follow lots of rules and deadlines, in the tutelage of a narcissist, and face often subtle aggressive behavior in the classroom. Sometimes the behavior is sexualized (in ways that an experienced teacher-observer will immediately see).

I too do my very best to weed them out at the beginning of their course of study (I teach a couple of classes designed for teachers, nurses, LE and others who have to deal with humans in the real world; they are out very quickly if they are irresponsible in their assignments). I teach at two different institutions, one makes it easy for me to drop the non-performers, the other doesn't allow me to drop students just for being irresponsible (but I can give then an F - it's actually scary to do that, as they can get really belligerent later).

They are indeed cold and ruthless, but it's better they turn it on us than on defenseless kids.

It's cool you can refund them and send them away.

it seems to me her whole goal was trying to fit in Landens shoes, instead of being Cinderella she ended up the wicked step sister.

Yeah, I don't know if she was trying to fit in bio-moms shoes or not. I personally don't believe that (naturally my opinion changes as more info comes out). I do believe she held alot of resentment towards bio-mom and probably her own husband as well. I base that on her stating in her interview something to the effect of how much time she was with the kids, court battles, bla bla bla. It immediately came across as resentment to me and zero concern for Gannon being missing. This is certainly an opinion that I could be way off the mark on.

Gannon is a hero!!! As much as watching this has gutted me, I also find it comforting to see his smiling face and know that in his short life he had many happy times, brought joy to others, and was/is loved!

Sharing to remember this amazing boy!
Have your tissue box handy:

Permission was given by a mod to post this!

#GannonStrong #GannonsGuardians #FindGannon

That's the thing that gets me about prison: even if you manage to stay relatively safe, how do you deal with the boredom?
Many prisons have programs that the inmate can participate in. The prison my son is in offers auto-body classes, HVAC classes, welding classes and they run an entire dairy operation. moo

One of our very own awesome posters located that AS <modsnip: Use initials please> file for divorce yesterday, 3-5-20.

Can anyone help locating and bringing over the link?

Colorado Courts
Great find @Coloradomomandgrandma !!

3/17/20
8:15 AM 1H STAUCH, EUGENE Setting D212020DR30309 El Paso County DIV M
3/17/20
8:15 AM 1H STAUCH, LETECIA Setting D212020DR30309 El Paso County DIV M

Right that's my point. A literal 2 x 4 is two inches wide by 4 feet long (If I'm not mistaken) but I've seen people refer to a plank of wood as a 2 x 4 even when it was 1 inch by 3 feet. So is it confirmed that it was an actual 2 x 4?

A 2X4 is 3.5 inches wide (approximately) and about 1.5 inches deep. It can be any length. The ones in the Stauch's garage appear to be 2-3 feet long. The ones in my backyard are 8 and 12 feet long. They are named 2x4's because that's how they started out, before the lumber was dried.

The edges on them are pretty sharp.

Right that's my point. A literal 2 x 4 is two inches wide by 4 feet long (If I'm not mistaken) but I've seen people refer to a plank of wood as a 2 x 4 even when it was 1 inch by 3 feet. So is it confirmed that it was an actual 2 x 4?

Technically, a 2 x 4 is 1.5" deep and 3.5" wide. It can be virtually any length, and it is the most common board used to frame walls, etc.

Speculation: the "bloody board" is a piece of the subfloor in the room where the assault took place, and she used a woodworking tool to cut the blood-soaked section out and tossed it. Gannon's basement bedroom would not have subfloor however, just pad and carpet over poured cement foundation. CS teams cut more pieces of the floor and took them as evidence.
MOO

I think it may have been a section from one of Al’s projects that was laying in the garage. Probably something she grabbed on her way out with Gannon. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57