Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last line is particularly intriguing. Are they talking about merely using the incident (in court) to establish a pattern of behavior, or is this something much larger?
I wonder if part of her treatment included a Pysch Eval.
It will be interesting to learn what they mean by the extradition process being part of the case. I wonder how long they were looking for her and if she really did try to run from them, since she said she didn't. By now we know she usually means the opposite of what she says.

Imo

I hope she was a fountain of information the entire trip!

I'm thinking she may have also uttered threats such as "Imma gonna KILL you, [insert expletive]!!!" and similar. It makes me wonder if some of her past plea bargaining was made easier by her temperament (no one wants her in a jail with regular inmates?)

It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

God I hope you are dead wrong but believe your knowledge and experience surpasses mine and my heart is heavy as I have to acknowledge you may be right! May whatever the outcome may be may we all be united in that we loved Gannon and that whatever happens he will always be special in our hearts and may he and his family know that his is and always will be loved!
My knowledge and experience does most definitely NOT exceed yours or anybody elses'..
I have some SAR training and experience but in a totally different landscape and country.
It's very difficult without a color, color of a victim's clothing. We don't have that because it is likely she gave the wrong colors to LE to begin with.

@SleuthBee thank you for your kind words. You are so right about the mental abuse being worse than the physical. They can actually make you question your own sanity. I am so happy that you too were able to get out of that relationship. Everyone on this site has been so welcoming and so caring. We all share in the desire to see justice for Gannon and closure for his family. I imagine that we are all kindred spirits in that respect. It's so nice to have a place to vent about this horrific crime.
Awwww, that is so nice. Thank you (( @Ladybear ))

Let's not do this...he is a victim.
I think the poster was referring to possibly him knowing that TS wasn't "mother of the year", not that he ever would imagine she would do this. As a survivor of child abuse by my stepmonster, I can tell you she was very good at being nice to you in front of other adults and even in front of my own father. There came a time, however, when my father did know what was happening. Regrettably, he rarely acknowledged it.

I can't speak to the accuracy of the USA Today grades for how states do licensure. And the article was from 2017 so even if it was accurate then, it may not be now.

But SC (a state that got an A) is apparently where TS got her initial license. Horry Co has verified she was employed as a teacher there by several school systems from 2012 on.

She did get a license in NC (an F state) in July 2016. But that's long after she began teaching in SC.

She did get a license in CO (a C state) in March 2019.

I'm not sure changing names played a role since all 3 states require fingerprints. And many K-12 teachers change their names as more are women than men.
JMO
Yeah, I don't know how accurate it is either but states were given 20 points for requiring a background check for licensure. That would seem to be more effective because districts vary in terms of how thoroughly they check.

I think it's more likely it was just overlooked since I think she only had a misdemeanor and some charges were dropped. Jmo

Thank you for the kind words and the correction.

Okay, then "used sports equipment." I do believe that whatever this turns out to be, it was used in some criminal fashion - but it wasn't likely to be a hockey stick (IMO). Maybe, though. And could be something else or something slightly different than what most mean by "sports equipment"

She loaded the "sports equipment" up in order to shop for hockey equipment. Implies that it was not hockey equipment that she loaded in order to go get more hockey equipment.

It's entirely possible that she was supposed to be exchanging older equipment for newer - but do kids really need a different sized hockey stick each year? And do we have any other evidence that Gannon even played hockey? Or that she ever entered a PIAS?

Did Gannon actually get new hockey gear that day? I'm doubting it very much. And I wonder what the term "sports equipment" means to TS. Is it another example of her double speak?

I do think LE knows exactly what she took out of the house between Sunday night and Monday at 10:15.

I don’t know that there is evidence he had started playing hockey, but yes, committed players typically need a new stick every year, because they grow so much. My son, who is 11 like Gannon and plays ice hockey, grows about 3-4” a year, so he has outgrown his previous stick by the start of the next season every year. My son is freakishly tall, though, already at 5’5”, so he is growing like a weed! He also has broken two sticks in the past year, so we had to buy new ones right away to replace them.

Makes me even more sad Gannon liked hockey. His being the same age as our guy really drew me to the case.

Last edited:
Many thought that TS would be extradited by plane. Even the reporters were waiting for her arrival the day prior to her return. Could TS have refused to go by plane and demanded ground transport in order to attempt her escape? No chance of escape when you’re flying. I do wonder what they are referring to about the extradition process being part of the case. Maybe she ran her mouth.

I am under the impression that if a client directly confesses to their lawyer then it's a bit of a game changer as the defence lawyer is still an officer of the court,so he/she couldnt stand before a jury and claim their client's innocence if they have direct knowledge of their guilt,that would be perjury?
I dont think they have to recuse themselves but they would be much more limited in their defence strategies.
I am not a lawyer and could be completely wrong,and most likely am!. MOO

no. You’re entirely correct.

Well ... I finally caught up! I am shocked at the LS assault of a LE officer in the transport van ... unbelievable! And now learning that the transport is part of the investigation ... I wonder if she “talked”? And so glad AS has begun the divorce proceedings... I would want to disentangle from the likes of LS as soon as possible. Really, really hoping Sadie lands safely in the the arms of Gannon’s little sister. Thoughts and prayers for LH and AS.

Many thought that TS would be extradited by plane. Even the reporters were waiting for her arrival the day prior to her return. Could TS have refused to go by plane and demanded ground transport in order to attempt her escape? No chance of escape when you’re flying. I do wonder what they are referring to about the extradition process being part of the case. Maybe she ran her mouth.

I personally believe if they wanted to transport her by horse & buggy she would have no say.

Like you, I’m very intrigued about the extradition process being part of her case.

I do so wish all missing children could get the same attention that Gannon has.
I can’t put my finger on what is so compelling about this case but it has affected me deeply.

I thought maybe it has to do with Landens presence, but then again Harley Dilly’s case had a similar effect and without his parents input. I wish I knew.

I think it took off because of LS's absurd interview with her back to the camera. It was clear to see that she was most definitely hiding something and then her behavior just spiraled from there. Her reaction to her missing stepson was not a normal reaction and I think a lot off people knew something was terribly wrong from that point forward.

Of course once you were drawn into the case, seeing Gannon's infectious smile, hearing about his goofy jokes and about his love for his parents and sisters kept you hooked. Then you took one look at his grieving parents and wanted so badly for him to come home.

I do so wish all missing children could get the same attention that Gannon has.
I can’t put my finger on what is so compelling about this case but it has affected me deeply.

I thought maybe it has to do with Landens presence, but then again Harley Dilly’s case had a similar effect and without his parents input. I wish I knew.

MOO I saw Gannon's case just after the truck video came out.
Saying a 11 old kid ran away is saying he was desperately unhappy. 11 isn't 13 or 14, 11 is still a kid. Its a fun time in school for most kids even if home life is so so. His obvious path in life was looking on track from his photos.
And here on Websleuths there were the comments about the SMs elaborate lies that he "ran away." MOO defaming him even after she should be a basket case of regret.

I will buy she beat him from her rage isssues and abused him verbally till he ran away from her, out of the house or the truck, unprepared and that his flight from her then became a death sentence in a freezing night without a phone or coat and that he died crying somewhere.

Last edited:
@Feistyomi , you are clever, clever, clever! Without her phone, she had no GPS, so she stayed in an area she was familiar. Now I am assuming you are referring to her Job orientation. :cool:

Gannon is my hero! Cos...believe if we had all the background on WSM, we would see that over all she is not as smart as she thinks she is, and she is lazy, which is somewhat common among murderers, all psychopathology aside...2 key factors in finding Gannon... it is vehicle accessible, requires little strength. There is going to be a land mark, so that she can watch this area, and it has to be on the gps track(s) but if she really planned on using runaway story, he would have to be w/ in walkable, evidence scattered, so in opposite direction. the orientation locale seems possibility for me, as this area is freshest in her mind, so I would like to know which areas intersect between the truck drive and orientation drive MOO... nowhere in her interview did she mention the orientation drives, this could have been just so contrary to her fictitious career, but also avoiding telling us where he is...I don’t think she thought thru the subtlety of gps tracking, so it will be entirely coincidental that two routes intersect

I did turn it in, it was rather horrifying and probably nothing but I turned it in none the less.

I read the suitcase post on another SM site very early on in the investigation. There is an article in the media thread about LE checking with sanitation companies and landfills the very 1st week. I think trash has and is being checked since the very early stages of this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998