Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gardner help me remember? Speaking of bail.

The perp in Cupcake's murder. Didn't a whole group of people put up their own assets until they hit the required collateral at his first arrest?

I'm thinking several individuals can put up separate amounts for Lori's bail until the little money thermometer posterboard hits the top mark. Not saying it's going to happen. But a possibility if Chad is begging for help. Jmo

Yes, it was 7 people who put up their homes in that case, IIRC, so that can happen.

Yeah, I like this judge so far. I think he had to lower the bond to $1 Million, to be fair. Idaho law apparently doesn't allow Lori to be held without bond based on her current charges. But setting it at $1 Million still shows he recognizes the extraordinary circumstances behind the charges and sees her as a flight risk. Murder suspects are usually given $1 Million bond in Madison county. Setting the bond at the "murderer level" means the judge recognizes Lori's alleged connection to 3 homicide investigations (which could be 5 homicides if we include the missing children). The prosecutor argued quite effectively the reasons Lori was a flight risk and the judge heard it. The only thing I wish the judge had done differently is to include that Lori must turn in her passport. The prosecutor requested that but I didn't see it in the conditions of her bond. Lori claims she doesn't have a passport, but I still think it should have been a condition of bond. MOO.
IIRC in Kauai indeed she claimed to not have a passport, her current attorney said she had one and it's expired. "Which is it"? Indeed should have demanded it be turned over, expired or not. lie lie lie

Is this the beginning of the Daybell's future?
Earthquake near California-Arizona border felt in Yuma, Phoenix area

"That's Great!"

Here's another link that is EU friendly.

5.5 earthquake shakes Yuma - KYMA
Quake centered in in Baja California, Mexico
YUMA, Ariz. (KYMA/KECY) - A magnitude 5.5 earthquake was felt as far as parts of Yuma a little before 9:00 pm (MST).

No reports of damage have been received.

USGS confirming that the 5.5 magnitude earthquake originated in the town of Doctor Alberto Oviedo Mota in Baja, California.

The epicenter is about 67 miles south of Yuma in the Mexican state of Baja California.

The Yuma Fire Department tweeted about the quake moments after the shaking stopped:

Yuma Fire Department@YumaFireDept

https://twitter.com/YumaFireDept/status/1236141151444295680

Hi folks, yes that was an earthquake. 5.5 magnitude in Baja about 50 miles SSE of Mexicali. No need to call 9-1-1 to report it unless reporting an emergency. Not likely to be damage locally.

4:06 AM - Mar 7, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

I'm probably the only one here, but I think Lori knew right away when the bond was set at $1 million that Chad would have difficulty bailing her out.

Watch Lori's face when the judge set bail at $1 Million. She briefly closes her eyes and gives a very slight grimace but pulls herself together so quickly I couldn't capture it on a screenshot. It's at about 37:50 minutes into the video:
Her attorney also seems to briefly look towards Lori, when the judge says $1 million but Lori doesn't look in the female attorney's direction, so she turns her attention back towards the judge. To me, the attorney's brief glance at Lori revealed she knew that amount was not what they were hoping for (she was arguing for $10,000-$50,000 after all).
MOO.

RBM: Good thinking, Gardener !

So … what happened to that bag of $$$ Lori was flashing around in Hawaii?

JMO but criminal defense attorneys are not cheap - they want their retainer $$$ … and LV had to hire defense attorney while in Hawaii, now Idaho, and maybe Arizona … and Chadly has his defense attorney ...

It would be interesting to know how much $$$ they spent extravagantly in Hawaii, and add to that their defense attorney bills … their cashflow may be running low … HA HA !

MOO

This is a clip from an Arizona TV station (couple of days ago i believe). It might have been posted already...but if so I feel it is worth it again... It brings up that issue of "whether Kay would give up the money to Lori in exchange for JJ". More hypothetical a question now, but i know people keep asking ....and still a pretty good synopsis.

Extradition plans in place, court date set for Lori Vallow

@Gardner help me remember? Speaking of bail.

The perp in Cupcake's murder. Didn't a whole group of people put up their own assets until they hit the required collateral at his first arrest?

I'm thinking several individuals can put up separate amounts for Lori's bail until the little money thermometer posterboard hits the top mark. Not saying it's going to happen. But a possibility if Chad is begging for help. Jmo
I could easily see this happening with any strong supporter of Chad and his group(s).

CD has a mortgage balance of $138K on his property in Rexburg. I’m guessing that he’s spent the last few days rallying the troops for this very scenario, a reduced bail whereby they have the money ready to go.

Interesting. If he has a mortgage as you say then typically (I suspect there are exceptions) the mortgage company is going to collect money for property taxes and insurance as part of the mortgage payment and then pay those when due, specifically to help reduce their risk. I seems strange that they wouldn't do this or wouldn't have paid the property tax on time.

Top Rated Salt Lake City, UT Criminal Defense Attorney | Gregory Skordas | Super Lawyers

Lori's defense attorney, Greg Skordas, is hardly "local" to Rexburg, ID. In fact, he is an attorney from Salt Lake City, UT.

This must be draining the money very quickly. And, even more interesting, is the fact that local attorneys were not interested in this case.

I knew that his name was familiar. I won't say more, and defer to other WS'ers to do their own research and conclusions.

You don't think Chad will be using anything and everything as collateral for her bond? Jmo
Why do I have the impression, Lori isn't too concerned about "debts"? She has left several homes full of furniture behind her. What was in Chandler, what was in Charle's home (dont know status of his goods or business) Left the newlywed houseful of stuff in Rexburg to skip to Hawaii, then they junked all their belongings there to go back to Idaho. GEE that lifestyle is pretty wasteful, being a fugitive is expensive!

Interesting. If he has a mortgage as you say then typically (I suspect there are exceptions) the mortgage company is going to collect money for property taxes and insurance as part of the mortgage payment and then pay those when due, specifically to help reduce their risk. I seems strange that they wouldn't do this or wouldn't have paid the property tax on time.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's included in the PITA
princ, int, taxes, ins

Top Rated Salt Lake City, UT Criminal Defense Attorney | Gregory Skordas | Super Lawyers

Lori's defense attorney, Greg Skordas, is hardly "local" to Rexburg, ID. In fact, he is an attorney from Salt Lake City, UT.

This must be draining the money very quickly. And, even more interesting, is the fact that local attorneys were not interested in this case.

I knew that his name was familiar. I won't say more, and defer to other WS'ers to do their own research and conclusions.
That's not her attorney.

According to court records, Vallow-Daybell has hired Brian Leslie Webb, of Eagle; Mark LeRoy Means, of Meridian; and Edwina Eyre Elcox of Boise to represent her. Lori Vallow-Daybell hires three new attorneys

Me too. It made me really angry when Lori's defense attorney stated "their children" and "their grandchildren" all live locally as part of the claim Lori has strong ties to the community. I wanted to shout at her: "No, they are not all local! Colby lives in another state and those adult kids with grandchildren in town are Chad and Tammy's kids!" I can't imagine the pain and anger Colby must have been feeling to have been completely ignored. :mad::(

It's at 22:14 in the video:
I just hope he has enough people around him supporting him and helping him get through this. He needs people that will keep him grounded because it would be very easy to rile him up into an outburst. I don’t want to see LV saying CR is making threats etc. You can see in the way he looked at chad, he wears his heart on his sleeve. I think we could all feel a sense of the pain he must have felt. It really got to me so it must have crushed him :( JMO

From the court proceeding yesterday, Justin Lum reported that Chad and Lori share an Idaho residence. Which residence is that? My opinion is that they purchased a home in Island Park, Idaho, an area very dear to CD's heart. It's in Fremont County, close to Rexburg. Prosecutors in HI reported he had $152k in a bank account. That's a lot less than the $430k from TD's life insurance. I think they bought a house. There's some very nice homes in that area that have just sold. And LVD is used to a large home with lots of amenities.
I guess we would all like to know what residence that is if it isn't the one in Salem. I wonder if they have used some of the $430K to purchase another place. So we would be looking for one about $300k based on the balance he had left in his account a month or so ago. MOO.

*snipped by me*

Yeah, she is definitely loving the attention, just like FCA did, and I think your big doof analysis is spot on. Although, i do find his "teenager of the month" award more disturbing than anything. o_O Perhaps some folie a duex going on here as well.

Did you notice how she turned away from the prosecutor when he was speaking yesterday, as if to shield herself from his negativity with her wall of hair? That was... interesting behavior. I think she has 'bail jumper' or perhaps 'spirited away' written all over her. MOO

I just started reading these threads about 2 weeks ago and I am sure this has been discussed, but does anyone know if LD still has any relationship with her parents? TIA.
IIRC during the acrimonious child visitation fight between Lori and Joe Ryan over Tylee, it was mentioned somewhere that Joe was offended by how much Lori enjoyed the drama of it all. And at the same time she gets contempt convictions. Anyone remember?

Me too. It made me really angry when Lori's defense attorney stated "their children" and "their grandchildren" all live locally as part of the claim Lori has strong ties to the community. I wanted to shout at her: "No, they are not all local! Colby lives in another state and those adult kids with grandchildren in town are Chad and Tammy's kids!" I can't imagine the pain and anger Colby must have been feeling to have been completely ignored. :mad::(

It's at 22:14 in the video:

I feel like she's trying to gaslight everyone into thinking Tylee & JJ never existed. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu