Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a clip from an Arizona TV station (couple of days ago i believe). It might have been posted already...but if so I feel it is worth it again... It brings up that issue of "whether Kay would give up the money to Lori in exchange for JJ". More hypothetical a question now, but i know people keep asking ....and still a pretty good synopsis.

Extradition plans in place, court date set for Lori Vallow
I just think that is a non starter. Charles left the money to Kay because he knew Lori did not want JJ. He knew she would just blow the money and not give any thoughts to JJ and that is precisely what she has done/is doing with Chad's money now. JMO.

He probably figures the ones living in the house are going to pay it perhaps. MOO.
IKR? But hey, I am out of work for awhile! Can I give you another excuse? I had to go to the doctor! My friend is in need! That big deal is coming in soon! I'm sick! That deal fell through but I am working on a bigger one! The world is going to end, so we are timing this just right!

This is a clip from an Arizona TV station (couple of days ago i believe). It might have been posted already...but if so I feel it is worth it again... It brings up that issue of "whether Kay would give up the money to Lori in exchange for JJ". More hypothetical a question now, but i know people keep asking ....and still a pretty good synopsis.

Extradition plans in place, court date set for Lori Vallow
I just think that is a non starter. Charles left the money to Kay because he knew Lori did not want JJ. He knew she would just blow the money and not give any thoughts to JJ and that is precisely what she has done/is doing with Chad's money now. JMO.
I could easily see this happening with any strong supporter of Chad and his group(s).
Maybe they would do it for Chad but I don't think it is likely they would do the same for Lori.

From the court proceeding yesterday, Justin Lum reported that Chad and Lori share an Idaho residence. Which residence is that? My opinion is that they purchased a home in Island Park, Idaho, an area very dear to CD's heart. It's in Fremont County, close to Rexburg. Prosecutors in HI reported he had $152k in a bank account. That's a lot less than the $430k from TD's life insurance. I think they bought a house. There's some very nice homes in that area that have just sold. And LVD is used to a large home with lots of amenities.

If they purchased a home it would show up on the Fremont County assessor records, which can be searched here: Fremont County, Idaho, Terms and Conditions

Only Chad and Tammy's house is listed there.

This is the next step:

Preliminary Hearing
The next hearing that happens is the Preliminary Hearing. If you are in custody, the hearing must occur within 14 days; if you are out of custody, the hearing must occur within 21 days. The judge at a Preliminary Hearing is also a "magistrate" judge. It won't necessarily be the same one that conducted the Initial Appearance; don't worry if it isn't. A preliminary hearing is the State's opportunity to convince a judge that there is "probable cause" to believe a crime has been committed and that you committed it. "Probable cause" is a fairly low amount of evidence; much lower than the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard required at a trial.

Nevertheless, the State must call witnesses to establish "probable cause" and the rules of evidence generally apply (with a few exceptions). That means witnesses with first-hand knowledge must come into court, be placed under oath, and answer questions. Although defense attorneys are permitted to ask questions, this is not a trial and many times the questions are limited. Not because they have to be, but because the defense attorney wants to "keep his or her powder dry" for trial. Because the "probable cause" standard is so low, it rarely does much good to call into question a witnesses testimony at the preliminary hearing stage.

It is important to note, if the State is not ready to proceed at the time set for the Preliminary Hearing, it can, in most instances, simply dismiss and re-file the case and that starts the clock all over again. It doesn't seem right, but it is!

If the State establishes "probable cause" you will be sent to appear in the district court. If the State fails to meet its burden, the case will be dismissed.
FAQ: What Are All The Hearings In A Felony In Idaho? | Kormanik & Sneed LLP
Thank you.

I guess we would all like to know what residence that is if it isn't the one in Salem. I wonder if they have used some of the $430K to purchase another place. So we would be looking for one about $300k based on the balance he had left in his account a month or so ago. MOO.

So they share a residence.....has she ever been to that residence. I can’t see she even has a toothbrush at any residence in Idaho.

Plus she moved her church records to Hawaii (thanks to those who set me straight on that) less than a month ago.

Probable cause was shown in the arrest warrant: Affidavit of Probable Cause
My understanding is that the next stage allows Lori's defense to argue against those items and also for the prosecutor to give more details on the evidence of probable cause listed in the affidavit. They will bring witnesses such as the LEOs that spoke to Lori and Chad at that first welfare check. Prosecutors will probably share things such as banking records or digital footprints showing Tylee's phone was with Lori's phone the entire time but Tylee was never seen with Lori while her phone sent messages and while Lori used Tylee's bankcard to withdraw money.

MOO.
Thank you. Makes a lot of sense - fleshing it out.

No, it's from 2019. Scroll down to page 227 or search Daybell in the document. It says 2019 at the top of the page his name is on. He is only delinquent for the 2nd half of 2019 (when Tammy died and he got married to Lori and they ran off to Hawaii).

http://www.co.fremont.id.us/departments/treasurer/unpaidlisting.pdf
As is true in most counties in most states, Fremont County property taxes can be made in 2 payments. The first half was due and paid by 12/20. Second half is not due until 06/20. There are penalties, late charges and interest due if not paid by these dates. None of those extra charges are showing up under Chad's account.

Fremont County Treasurer
"Tax notices are mailed as early as possible in November each year. The tax notice is for the CALENDAR YEAR. All taxes on the first property roll are due Dec. 20 without late charges or interest. Tax may be paid in two halves; first half due Dec. 20 and a grace period on the second half until June 20 of the following year."

OOPS! I see that @Gardener1850 has already posted this. Good job!

ETA

Depending on one's mortgage type, there may be a mortgage servicer. A servicer collects funds from the homeowner and disperses them. The funds may include the mortgage payment plus homeowners insurance and taxes, which are held in escrow until due. When they become due, the escrow company automatically pays them. They would be the one paying 1st half and 2nd half taxes, not the homeowner.

Last edited:
IIRC in Kauai indeed she claimed to not have a passport, her current attorney said she had one and it's expired. "Which is it"? Indeed should have demanded it be turned over, expired or not. lie lie lie

Right. And "not having one now" doesn't prevent her from getting one or renewing an expired one in the future. She could be waiting for it come in the mail. It would have been prudent for that to be part of the bond conditions that any passports she has, even an expired one, has to be turned in and she will not obtain a new one while out on bail. Oh, well. It's minor issue presently, since she hasn't been bailed out. MOO.

Morning WS. Glad to see she is still behind bars. MOO I had to take a break last night and spend some time with my kiddo. I wonder how many tips the FBI has received?! Hope they are somewhere closer to finding the kids. IMO

I guess we would all like to know what residence that is if it isn't the one in Salem. I wonder if they have used some of the $430K to purchase another place. So we would be looking for one about $300k based on the balance he had left in his account a month or so ago. MOO.
And when??? It seems as if they would have only had that two-week period between wedding and escaping again to Kauai to take care of such matters. Has anyone looked at property records in the county yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave