GA GA - Jessica Dietzel, aka Jessica Vanzant, 21, POI named, Albany, Feb 2020

proctorelites

Reaction score
Jessica Dietzel, aka, Jessica Vanzant, was reported missing Sunday. She has not been seen for almost two weeks.

Interesting information in this new story. Apparently, she often visits a man on Radium Springs Rd. who lives in a tent. Officers checked the tent and spoke to the man and saw no sign of Jessica. I am so hoping this is not as bad as it sounds. I was following this before it became news. Hopefully the news story does its job.
Lee Co. woman reported missing

•21-year-old Jessica Diane Dietzel, who lives on Creekside Drive in Leesburg, was reported missing about 3:30 Sunday afternoon.
•APD responded to a home on Allen Avenue in Albany, where a family member told officers that Dietzel had been missing for almost two weeks.
•She sometimes visits a person who lives in a tent near Radium Springs Road, so officers went to that location and interviewed a man they found there, but did not see any evidence of Dietzel.
•Area hospitals have no one by her name listed as a patient, and neither did the Dougherty County jail have her listed as in custody.

South Georgia deputies asking for help finding missing 21-year-old woman

Additional Info:

upload_2020-3-2_20-58-18.png

Deputies say that she has blonde/brown hair, hazel eyes, weighs approximately 150 pounds and stands about five feet, seven inches.

"Elena" is tattooed on her chest. She also has tattoos on her hand and left thigh.

According to LCSO, Dietzel/Vanzant was last seen in the Albany area.

•21-year-old Jessica Diane Dietzel, who lives on Creekside Drive in Leesburg, was reported missing about 3:30 Sunday afternoon.
•APD responded to a home on Allen Avenue in Albany, where a family member told officers that Dietzel had been missing for almost two weeks.
•She sometimes visits a person who lives in a tent near Radium Springs Road, so officers went to that location and interviewed a man they found there, but did not see any evidence of Dietzel.
•Area hospitals have no one by her name listed as a patient, and neither did the Dougherty County jail have her listed as in custody.
I mapped the locations in the article you linked:

upload_2020-3-2_23-38-36.png
Google Maps

All locations are general, as no specific address was given:
  • Creekside Dr, Leesberg - where Jessica lives
  • Allen Avenue, Albany - where reporting relative lived, and noted that Jessica was last seen in Albany
  • Radium Springs Road - where Jessica has been known to visit a person living in a tent by the road

I mapped the locations in the article you linked:

View attachment 235832
Google Maps

All locations are general, as no specific address was given:
  • Creekside Dr, Leesberg - where Jessica lives
  • Allen Avenue, Albany - where reporting relative lived, and noted that Jessica was last seen in Albany
  • Radium Springs Road - where Jessica has been known to visit a person living in a tent by the road

odd detail BBM.

MOO.

21-Year Old still missing after two weeks

Lets broadcast hearsayo_O
I hope they trust the hearsay.
Lee Co. Sheriff's Dept. seems to be taking it more seriously based on this news report, IMO but Albany PD is like "oh yea, somebody called and said so & so saw her today" come on guys, put us at ease, either she was there or not. Please review some nearby cameras, just in case so & so didn't get it right, you'll know for sure.

On the off chance she or a friend are reading here and she is perfecrly fine: just get to LCSO and let them physically lay eyes on you. They can't make you go home or tell your family where you are, but they do need to verify your safe & alive.

Noted in article:
•On Tuesday, Albany investigators say they received third-party information that 21-year old Jessica Dietzel willingly got into a newer model, dark-colored, Ford Taurus.

•The person reporting said they saw this at Luxury Inn Hotel between noon and one this afternoon.

Reminder: this is third party info that LE received

Lets broadcast hearsayo_O
I hope they trust the hearsay.
Lee Co. Sheriff's Dept. seems to be taking it more seriously based on this news report, IMO but Albany PD is like "oh yea, somebody called and said so & so saw her today" come on guys, put us at ease, either she was there or not. Please review some nearby cameras, just in case so & so didn't get it right, you'll know for sure.

On the off chance she or a friend are reading here and she is perfecrly fine: just get to LCSO and let them physically lay eyes on you. They can't make you go home or tell your family where you are, but they do need to verify your safe & alive.

Albany Ga Police Department

comments worth reading...

*Pretty much supports what you were saying about “hear say”

I feel terrible for her mother. I hope APD will take this as seriously as they should. APD has posted abt some 3rd party report. In the SM comments I believe her family speaks up about this.
IMO, I believe searches are being planned by family.
Can someone speak to what NCMEC can do in this scenario?
IMO, this may be a pretty serious case, APD may not realise what they have on their plate, minimizing. hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't even broadcast a rumored sighting if I was LE.- (noting the SM comments).
Meanwhile we have flooding near the area she was last seen- Flint River is at moderate flood stage. IMO, a search group may be putting themselves in harms way to search without a SAR team. LE needs to search the Radium Springs area and seriously consider the rumor floating around Albany, all IMOO of course.
IMOO, they may not have the resources or want to use their resources for this case bc she has history of addiction. If that is the case, APD will never recover from poor public opinion of their office. It wasn't too long ago a homeless lady was raped & murdered with bystanders calling 911. APD, their station just blocks away, showed up late, IMO. The woman is dead. Please don't show up late to this case APD.
Edit to add: my hope is APD has been quietly investigating before planning a search.

I feel terrible for her mother. I hope APD will take this as seriously as they should. APD has posted abt some 3rd party report. In the SM comments I believe her family speaks up about this.
IMO, I believe searches are being planned by family.
Can someone speak to what NCMEC can do in this scenario?
IMO, this may be a pretty serious case, APD may not realise what they have on their plate, minimizing. hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't even broadcast a rumored sighting if I was LE.- (noting the SM comments).
Meanwhile we have flooding near the area she was last seen- Flint River is at moderate flood stage. IMO, a search group may be putting themselves in harms way to search without a SAR team. LE needs to search the Radium Springs area and seriously consider the rumor floating around Albany, all IMOO of course.
IMOO, they may not have the resources or want to use their resources for this case bc she has history of addiction. If that is the case, APD will never recover from poor public opinion of their office. It wasn't too long ago a homeless lady was raped & murdered with bystanders calling 911. APD, their station just blocks away, showed up late, IMO. The woman is dead. Please don't show up late to this case APD.
Edit to add: my hope is APD has been quietly investigating before planning a search.
NCMEC is for finding missing children: The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Texas EquuSearch may be appropriate: About TXEQ

So I’m a semi-long time lurker on websluthes. Yes....this is my first post. I found this site during the first week or so that MacKenzie Lueck went missing(before we found out about her tragic fate). I created an account probably a few months later. I’ve always been interested and concerned about missing persons cases from a very early age. I’m in my 30s now but for as long as I can remember it’s fascinated me. I just feel they are forgotten. Regulated to a milk carton in the olden days or in the modern times a poster on a wall at wal-mart that most people just pass by. I use to love the tv show Without a Trace....glad that missing persons were finally being talked about more often...at least then. Currently I take the Lueck case as well as the Tibbets case, and Delphi Murders very personally. I honestly couldn’t tell you why other than on some personal level each story has touched me and I hope to see justice for all 3 crimes.

Having said all of that back story.....I just found out today....I went to high school and was very close with(during high school) Jessica’s Older sister. To be fair...they have different last names so I don’t want to say it’s “100% her older sister”. We were really close in high school but that was 13 years ago. In all honesty they could truly be sisters by blood or just very close friends. I don’t doubt they were close and knew each other....Its just with the different last names...I don’t feel right saying it’s 100% her true sister...Incase for whatever reason I end up being misinformed. I did personally message my friend today and told her to contact “MacKenzie’s Voice” as the last I heard they were trying to work with Facebook to help families of missing persons. Breaks my heart....another one missing and this time it seems to hit extremely close to home. Thankful for sites like websluthes....where at the very least all of us can keep up to date with everything going on in these cases. Hoping and praying Jessica ends up being safe and comes home soon.

The most recent post about Jessica being missing on the Albany Police Department FB page:

Albany Police Department

"Albany Ga Police Department
March 15 at 11:35 PM ·
Jessica Dietzel has been missing for several weeks. If anyone has good information about where Jessica could be, please share the information with the Albany Police Department.
"

Lots of hostility in the comments, but no helpful information.

comments worth reading...

*Pretty much supports what you were saying about “hear say”

Here is the permalink to the post about Jessica being missing on the Albany Police Department FB page:

"Albany Ga Police Department
March 3 at 9:20 PM ·
Media Release
March 3, 2020

(ALBANY, GA)-The Albany Police Department's Family Protection Unit is using all available resources to locate 21-year old Jessica Diane Dietzel of Leesburg, Georgia.

Investigators received third party information that they saw Dietzel willing getting into a newer model, dark in color, Ford Taurus at the Luxury Inn Hotel between noon and 1:00 p.m. this afternoon.

Again, if anyone has seen Dietzel, please call the police or have her contact her family.

###

Back Story:

Albany Police Department
March 2, 2020

(Albany, GA)-The Family Protection Unit of the Albany Police Department would like the public's assistance with locating 21-year old Jessica Diane Dietzel of Leesburg GA

Height: 5'9
Weight: 185
Dietzel went missing February 16, 2020, and it is unknown what she was wearing at the time she went missing. Investigators do not suspect foul play is at this time.

Anyone with information regarding Dietzel should call Crime Stoppers at (229) 436-TIPS, or they can contact the Albany Police Department at (229) 431-2100 or (229) 431-3288."

Noted in article:
•On Tuesday, Albany investigators say they received third-party information that 21-year old Jessica Dietzel willingly got into a newer model, dark-colored, Ford Taurus.

•The person reporting said they saw this at Luxury Inn Hotel between noon and one this afternoon.

Reminder: this is third party info that LE received
It is actually confirmed that it was not her as the family has spoke with the girl it was. I have also never witnessed a law Enforcement Agency basically say, "Rumor has it. I jusT spoke to her mother for 2 hours. She went missing in Albany and they still havent taken a Missing Persons report. The report comes out of Lee County where her mother lives and Lee has gone above and beyond.

*modsnip*
So I’m a semi-long time lurker on websluthes. Yes....this is my first post. I found this site during the first week or so that MacKenzie Lueck went missing(before we found out about her tragic fate). I created an account probably a few months later. I’ve always been interested and concerned about missing persons cases from a very early age. I’m in my 30s now but for as long as I can remember it’s fascinated me. I just feel they are forgotten. Regulated to a milk carton in the olden days or in the modern times a poster on a wall at wal-mart that most people just pass by. I use to love the tv show Without a Trace....glad that missing persons were finally being talked about more often...at least then. Currently I take the Lueck case as well as the Tibbets case, and Delphi Murders very personally. I honestly couldn’t tell you why other than on some personal level each story has touched me and I hope to see justice for all 3 crimes.

Having said all of that back story.....I just found out today....I went to high school and was very close with(during high school) Jessica’s Older sister. To be fair...they have different last names so I don’t want to say it’s “100% her older sister”. We were really close in high school but that was 13 years ago. In all honesty they could truly be sisters by blood or just very close friends. I don’t doubt they were close and knew each other....Its just with the different last names...I don’t feel right saying it’s 100% her true sister...Incase for whatever reason I end up being misinformed. I did personally message my friend today and told her to contact “MacKenzie’s Voice” as the last I heard they were trying to work with Facebook to help families of missing persons. Breaks my heart....another one missing and this time it seems to hit extremely close to home. Thankful for sites like websluthes....where at the very least all of us can keep up to date with everything going on in these cases. Hoping and praying Jessica ends up being safe and comes home soon.
Her family along with Volunteers are reaching out to everyone. That are doing an amazing job as far as getting awareness. Besides the fact we are in a Pandemic Addicts just do not get coverage when they go missing, but after speaking with he mother I know she will never stop. I have advised her about this site and that she should be a VI. She said she is going to. I am contacting NAMUS now to see if what her mom sent was enough and if not I am providing the proper information. Dateline just ran her story as well. Mother fears the worst in disappearance of daughter Jessica Vanzant Dietzel missing from Georgia home more than a month

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back