Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #121

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does look younger, when the photo is processed, to make it less blurry, he looks older. So, I don't know.
He looks older and a bit heavy set. His jacket is distinctive for someone who knows him to identify him from it. The sketch portrays a younger person than the photo but I think that was drawn from potential eyewitness accounts?

My understanding too. Sorry I didn't mean to infer you said but that I had heard it said. "but I have heard mention of the girls phones plural quite often" is what I said so I would like to see it confirmed really.

No problem! I thought I might’ve been confusing and didn’t want to spread rumors.

I took a long break from this case and just started looking at it again this week. If you catch me posting something crazy please call me out.

With Liberty's dad trying to call them by 3:11 and not getting an answer, I'm thinking it might have been even earlier. I know there is some discussion about the 2:07 snapchat photo, but I wonder if the encounter took place at possibly 2:30 or even a little before. If that is the case and the murders committed within 15-20 minutes, or less, the killer could have been on his way to his vehicle by 3:11. Using that timeline, the killer could have been driving by 3:30 and on his way out of the area.

Have we ever heard of a definitive time frame that Liberty started the video?

I’d like to know the video time too, but I think LE personnel are the only ones with that info.

Me too, but think of this. The person probably did not shave his head like JP did. If so, he needed something sitting deep enough to cover the hair. The color, the shape, or bald pate would have been remembered by the witnesses. I have seen overseas hats with flaps on the sides and the back, but the main thing, I think the top part is wedged. This is why I thought about a pilot hat to start with.

My theory still is, either a military brat or the collector of old army stuff. Maybe including knives or whatever he used. I remember when they were looking for DN, they spoke about a machete. I have no clue about machetes, but I’d look at collectors’ cold weapons.
It was a hatchet not a machete that DN had been found chasing people with in Colorado. :)

With Liberty's dad trying to call them by 3:11 and not getting an answer, I'm thinking it might have been even earlier. I know there is some discussion about the 2:07 snapchat photo, but I wonder if the encounter took place at possibly 2:30 or even a little before. If that is the case and the murders committed within 15-20 minutes, or less, the killer could have been on his way to his vehicle by 3:11. Using that timeline, the killer could have been driving by 3:30 and on his way out of the area.

Have we ever heard of a definitive time frame that Liberty started the video?
Here's a link to a screenshot of one of the FBI billboards that mention the last seen 2.30 PM time for BG.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Hope it works.

Thanks! So with my timeline it wouldn't surprise me that by the time Liberty's dad made the call at 3:11 the murders had not only been committed but the killer probably already made it to his vehicle.

Dear JnRyan,

This is stunning to think about, but then once he said "down the hill", and they were across the creek - that would take minutes.

It really is shocking to think how quickly it happened.

I think, the information, DC is searching for, is so special/explosive (and DC knows!), that perhaps quite a few people wouldn't tell that corresponding name to an anonyme person on the general hotline. MOO
I for my part would be trusting only in DC.

I think perhaps it's someone more prominent than the average person in Delphi and the surrounding area and this is why no one will report it. Afraid of consequences if word gets out who reported it. Someone who was at one of the press conferences.

***Tricia confirmed on the Websleuths YouTube channel***

Becky Patty will be on the WebSleuths YouTube show on April 3rd at an earlier time. 8 pm Eastern

Thank you, Zen. This interview with BP will take place 2 days after the "In Pursuit with John Walsh" episode. (He will be covering Abby and Libby's case April 1st).

Wouldn't it be wonderful for BP to announce during her interview an arrest has been made? Keeping hope alive! :)

Thank you, Zen. This interview with BP will take place 2 days after the "In Pursuit with John Walsh" episode. (He will be covering Abby and Libby's case April 1st).

Wouldn't it be wonderful for BP to announce during her interview an arrest has been made? Keeping hope alive! :)

Dear @JDough,

That would be magnificent! There is always hope!

Who is JP?

Me too, but think of this. The person probably did not shave his head like JP did. If so, he needed something sitting deep enough to cover the hair. The color, the shape, or bald pate would have been remembered by the witnesses. I have seen overseas hats with flaps on the sides and the back, but the main thing, I think the top part is wedged. This is why I thought about a pilot hat to start with.

My theory still is, either a military brat or the collector of old army stuff. Maybe including knives or whatever he used. I remember when they were looking for DN, they spoke about a machete. I have no clue about machetes, but I’d look at collectors’ cold weapons.

I always thought from the photo that it looked like a hat that had flaps on the side of it

It was a hatchet not a machete that DN had been found chasing people with in Colorado. :)

Googled. So, like an axe? It is difficult, then.
But in the place of LE, I’d write to that guy selling German vintage pilot on Etsy and ask about vintage cold weapons. Just my intuition.

IMO I think he was on the south side (end) waiting/watching. When they were close enough he started onto the bridge, southside (end), passed them, checked the bridge looking to the northside (start). Then turned, followed & "Guys...down the hill".

I think you are adding too many variables and complexities, and therefore straying from probability. That is not a passing bridge. It is polar opposite of a passing bridge. If someone had tried to pass me I guarantee I would have dove to the planks in push up position to make sure they didn't try to push me. And I wouldn't care in the slightest what they thought of it or how they reacted.

As I emphasized in a previous comment, it would be logic and courtesy to remain off the bridge while someone else is on it. Abby and Libby undoubtedly were surprised Bridge Guy was even up there, more than scared of anything he might do.

But if they were already up there and he passed them once, then he turned around and headed toward them again, then their alert senses would have been through the roof. They would have done a heck of a lot more than surreptitiously film him in the bottom corner of a tame video.

I think perhaps it's someone more prominent than the average person in Delphi and the surrounding area and this is why no one will report it. Afraid of consequences if word gets out who reported it. Someone who was at one of the press conferences.

You know, maybe the person is not even that prominent, but the local rumor links him to someone prominent, giving him more “connections” than he has?

From experience: decades ago, there was a guy working with me. He was a nonentity, but the rumor said his wife was best friend of the daughter of *someone really important and well-known*. It was all said in whisper. What I couldn’t understand was the age difference between the wife and *her friend*, but we all fell for it.

Fast forward, of course, she was never the friend with *that person*, but the-best-friend-of-a-childhood-friend-of-the-best-briend’s-friend, etc...

The BG is smart, I agree with it, but I don’t know about “prominent”. Maybe, not so much, as it is a rural area?

But to “average Joe”, it might look prominent, and scary?

He looks older and a bit heavy set. His jacket is distinctive for someone who knows him to identify him from it. The sketch portrays a younger person than the photo but I think that was drawn from potential eyewitness accounts?

We have been looking at the film for such a long time, it is impossible to say. Depends on the frame one is viewing. I’d still think he has an odd gait, but about “heavy set”, not sure. The jacket looks generic to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie