Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

Wow this is great, thank you for making this! Definitely showcases how little of the story we have. Fingers crossed that changes soon!

I see your a newcomer. Welcome. As an old-timer I can tell you we have heard more from law enforcement and the media than we hear on 99.9% of the cases we follow here. jmo

I see your a newcomer. Welcome. As an old-timer I can tell you we have heard more from law enforcement and the media than we hear on 99.9% of the cases we follow here. jmo
Hi! Thank you! and no doubt! my comment wasn't directed at the lack of info from LE, just the missing pieces in general. I am anxious to see where this goes & hopefully a logical course of events will unfold!

That’s a solid point, but unless GS also works at another bar, King Street Grille is in Kiawah Island which is about 45 minutes away from their apartment complex. I suppose it could be, but that’s awfully far. After listening to the bartender’s voice interview, it doesn’t seem she

knew CS very well.

Unfortunately it seems implausible he didn’t have something to do with it. He’s on camera at Home Depot and on CCTV driving his truck. I’m aware he was military (and thank you for your service), but from what I’ve read, he wasn’t really a stand up guy. Abandoned his daughter, joined the Hells Angels, arrested for manufacturing meth, dishonorably discharged for faking a medical condition, kept questionable company. He may have been a decent man when you knew him, but meth is a hell of a drug.

he didn't abandon his daughter for one thing. Not sure where you got that from.
Not sure what the medical stuff has anything to do with his character. If you have ever been in the military you would know how the medical works . unfortunately not knowing all the details he could of been screwed over.

He went thru some bad times. Last 8 months been cleaning his act up.

You strike me as sincere- I’d love to have you as an insider on this case to help us understand better what might have happened. It sounds like this was highly uncharacteristic- either BC was framed, or there was a side of him well-hidden. Or maybe undiagnosed medical issue, even brain tumor. If you want to add more, the VI process is here:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Sorry I just saw your post, I have been away from my phone. I will definitely fill out that stuff and send the email in here quickly

If I had a nickel for every time a friend or family member of a (convicted) murderer said " there's no way he'd do that" I'd be rich.
I’m guilty of saying that myself but, I knew deep down, they were capable of the crime and were found guilty. Difference is, there is nothing, no part of me, that can see BC committing a murder of someone who he didn’t know, driving almost 3 hours home, and then take own life?!?! No way!! He would of taken his own life immediately or surrendered. He would not take the cowards way out. He faced that option many times but, he knew, I knew, he would never take his own life. A topic we had leaned on each other for support many times over and survived it through. This time would of been no different. What were Buddy’s last text messages, his last phone calls?? Where is the motive?? All four involved lived in Charleston except for Buddy. The only stranger to the group. And he’s guilty?? Not believing it!!

That’s a solid point, but unless GS also works at another bar, King Street Grille is in Kiawah Island which is about 45 minutes away from their apartment complex. I suppose it could be, but that’s awfully far. After listening to the bartender’s voice interview, it doesn’t seem she

knew CS very well.

Unfortunately it seems implausible he didn’t have something to do with it. He’s on camera at Home Depot and on CCTV driving his truck. I’m aware he was military (and thank you for your service), but from what I’ve read, he wasn’t really a stand up guy. Abandoned his daughter, joined the Hells Angels, arrested for manufacturing meth, dishonorably discharged for faking a medical condition, kept questionable company. He may have been a decent man when you knew him, but meth is a hell of a drug.
Not sure where you got your information but, I met with him and his daughter, invited to b-day party, he sent me pictures, he loved her and did not abandon her. I know he wasn’t the dad he wanted to be but he loved her and when other people are involved, one person shouldn’t have to accept all the blame for things not being right. I also saw his Honorable Discharge plaque and witnessed the presentation of his flag to his mother at the funeral. So, when stating facts, make sure they are true.

Agree. He would need something to mix the cement in, something to mix it with, time for it to cure, etc. And, he'd have Celia's body with him... It would be quite risky to do this sort of thing out in the open. MOO
So he would take her to his house that is in a wide-open mobile home subdivison, with the closest body of water no less than 8 miles away, prepare the body, reload in truck and find deep enough water with easy access to make the drop? If having a big plastic tote, concrete and a gas station with a water hose, I believe someone trying to hide a body is not going to care if the concrete is mixed well or set solid. Just my opinion

I’m guilty of saying that myself but, I knew deep down, they were capable of the crime and were found guilty. Difference is, there is nothing, no part of me, that can see BC committing a murder of someone who he didn’t know, driving almost 3 hours home, and then take own life?!?! No way!! He would of taken his own life immediately or surrendered. He would not take the cowards way out. He faced that option many times but, he knew, I knew, he would never take his own life. A topic we had leaned on each other for support many times over and survived it through. This time would of been no different. What were Buddy’s last text messages, his last phone calls?? Where is the motive?? All four involved lived in Charleston except for Buddy. The only stranger to the group. And he’s guilty?? Not believing it!!
I’m sorry for the loss of your friend, Monkey, I truly am. I extend my sincere condolences to everyone affected by this tragedy.

I’ve gone back and forth on whether or not I should respond to your post because I don’t want to upset you or anyone else here who knew and cared about BC. His family and friends are also victims of this nightmare. But, I’m going to give it a shot and hope that you understand I am just trying to help and I mean no offense.

Simply put, feelings are not facts. Have you ever experienced something and later said, “I would not have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes?” Ever had an argument with someone and were so angry that you said things you didn’t mean only to realize later after you calmed down, that you were completely wrong? That’s what I’m getting at.

If you genuinely want sort out the truth, and I believe you do, it’s going to be necessary for you to remove emotion from your thinking. This is a hard thing to do when you care about somebody and it may just be too soon for that, I don’t know. My suggestion would be to take some time to thoroughly process what has happened and then review the facts – only the facts – and don’t try to figure out “why.” “Why?” is often a question that forever remains unanswered.

I would also strongly encourage you and others here who know anyone involved in this case to become a Verified Insider. Many of the things being discussed here such as BC’s military discharge, his daughter, etc. are not anything that has been reported in mainstream media. And, we want to hear those kinds of things. When you become a VI, you can share stuff like that without a supporting link but for now it is only creating unnecessary work for our moderators.

Another option to share information that can’t be posted on the thread is to use the private conversation feature. You can add up to 21 members and say any darn thing you want. ;)

Once again, here is a link to the verification process: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Last edited:
Not sure where you got your information but, I met with him and his daughter, invited to b-day party, he sent me pictures, he loved her and did not abandon her. I know he wasn’t the dad he wanted to be but he loved her and when other people are involved, one person shouldn’t have to accept all the blame for things not being right. I also saw his Honorable Discharge plaque and witnessed the presentation of his flag to his mother at the funeral. So, when stating facts, make sure they are true.
So he would take her to his house that is in a wide-open mobile home subdivison, with the closest body of water no less than 8 miles away, prepare the body, reload in truck and find deep enough water with easy access to make the drop? If having a big plastic tote, concrete and a gas station with a water hose, I believe someone trying to hide a body is not going to care if the concrete is mixed well or set solid. Just my opinion
I have faith that what you are saying about BC is true, and my gut tells me that MW (& GS also in some way) is responsible for these murders. I believe that whatever took place that evening was set up for BC to take the fall now that he is no longer alive to tell his side of the story. Let's hope that LE will get to the bottom of this terrible tragedy and will learn the truth.

I do not know any of these people, but I can't help feeling so sad for what Celia endured and to know that this is how her young life has ended. :( Prayers for her family and friends that they may find strength, peace, and comfort in the coming days to ease their grieving hearts.

All JMPO

Yes. I think he would have filled the tote with concrete and dumped the whole thing. I don't know if that's what you mean or not when you say "prepare the body." MOO

What do you mean by "one person shouldn't have to accept all the blame for things not being right"? DW is the only one charged with a crime. Who else do you think should be charged?

What broken marriage? I don't remember anything in msm about a broken marriage. Where is all this stuff coming from?
You are correct that there was nothing mentioned in MSM. That was my inference from his previous comment and I ended my post with MOO. You replied to his comment asking him about "who else was charged in the crime" and I was trying to say that I didn't take his comment in that same context. Sometimes it's hard to get thoughts across in words. Sorry if I confused any readers or broke any rules here.

Last edited:
I would also strongly encourage you and others here who know anyone involved in this case to become a Verified Insider. Many of the things being discussed here such as BC’s military discharge, his daughter, etc. are not anything that has been reported in mainstream media. And, we want to hear those kinds of things. When you become a VI, you can share stuff like that without a supporting link but for now it is only creating unnecessary work for our moderators.

^^^ This ! I would absolutely welcome knowing more info about all parties in this case. However, due to the TOS here, unless someone is a VI, it's almost certain posts here will be removed. To be clear, I don't want to know more just for the sake of nosiness, but for my own clarity. However, I also realize and respect that it is not my right to know those things.

Also, as Pommy said, PMs are an option here. TOS does not allow us to request PMs here in the forum. I have seen mods make the comment before that if you want to PM someone, just do it. However, please be respectful of anyone whose profile pic asks that no one PM them. There's some good info in this FAQ thread about conversations aka PMs :

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I have no doubt that this case has devastated family and friends of both Celia and Buddy. I can't speak to the other parties involved. My heart goes out to all affected by this tragedy.

JMOO IMO MOO JMO (Feeling the need to be fully cloaked in acronyms here. :D)

BC to my knowledge has not been charged with a crime nor is he likely to be. MW has been charged. Some posters imply GS may be guilty of something & at the least has not been completely honest. She has not been charged with anything. Many posters want to attest to BC's sterling character. That's fine. The actual facts presented so far say BC most likely killed CS. She is the victim. I would not expect more details will come out until the trial of MW if there is a trial. If posters want to use this thread to say BC couldn't have killed CS because he was such a nice guy, have at it.

I agree that GS couldn't have been the bartender. I just don't see how the bartender's story makes sense, or how BC got back inside of CS's apartment after she ditchex him. I read that both CS and GS were bartenders at the same bar. I wonder if this is the same bar that she ditched them?

The speculative scenario that I was suggesting was that maybe GS said that she was the "bartender" in order to cover for, and distance herself and the guys from CS.

I'm not saying that this is what I think happened. Just that it is a possibility. The article said that "a bartender came forward". Does that mean that the bartender seeked the reporter out? There just seems to be a good chance that GS knows more than she is letting on.

MOO

That’s a solid point, but unless GS also works at another bar, King Street Grille is in Kiawah Island which is about 45 minutes away from their apartment complex. I suppose it could be, but that’s awfully far. After listening to the bartender’s voice interview, it doesn’t seem she knew CS very well.
I read that CS didn't show up for her work shift at King Street Grille, but I didn't get the sense that's where the group was out on Thursday night. Not just because of the distance from that part of West Ashley, but it also seems unlikely that this crew was bar hopping out by Kiawah. That's in a totally touristy, Stepford-y little manicured Disney-fied restaurant/shopping center called Freshfield Village. Not so much a late night drinking/partying scene - at all. Most places in that center close by 9pm, although I believe that King Street Grille is open until 2am.

I would suspect that they were out somewhere closer to the apartment complex, especially if CS brought them somewhere nearby just to get them out of her place. Going all the way out by Kiawah that late would be a hike. I could be wrong, but I would be very surprised.

I'm a local - and have heard almost nothing about this case. Which is odd because everyone here seems to be inter-connected and social circles tend to overlap more than you would think, but I haven't heard a thing. I have one FB friend who shows as a mutual friend of MW, but I haven't asked her about it yet! I was in that Home Depot the day before which kind of creeps me out a little. Was also on I-526 toward West Ashley that Friday too... just feels weird!!!

You are correct that there was nothing mentioned in MSM. That was my inference from his previous comment and I ended my post with MOO. You replied to his comment asking him about "who else was charged in the crime" and I was trying to say that I didn't take his comment in that same context. Sometimes it's hard to get thoughts across in words. Sorry if I confused any readers or broke any rules here.
I was commenting on the person that suggested BC deserted his daughter, was dishonorably discharged from the Corps. Neither is true.

I read that CS didn't show up for her work shift at King Street Grille, but I didn't get the sense that's where the group was out on Thursday night. Not just because of the distance from that part of West Ashley, but it also seems unlikely that this crew was bar hopping out by Kiawah. That's in a totally touristy, Stepford-y little manicured Disney-fied restaurant/shopping center called Freshfield Village. Not so much a late night drinking/partying scene - at all. Most places in that center close by 9pm, although I believe that King Street Grille is open until 2am.

BBM

If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought you were referring to Mt P.

;-p

Yeah, I seriously doubt they were out in Kiawah. I'm too old for the night scene, but that's not the place for it.

I really wish some of the posters here would get verified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back