Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp just ran across one of the H1N1 was way worse than this and people paid a lot for their cruises so if they want to go, they're Americans and we have to help them...

I hope she breaks quarantine in my neighborhood, honey the black helicopters be coming for you...

Germany has nearly 1000 #coronavirus cases and no deaths.
COVID19 on Twitter

Maybe this is part of the answer - Only a small fraction of German #COVID19 #Coronavirus cases are in the high risk category. Germany - Cases of new coronavirus 2019-nCov - 900+ cases - FluTrackers News and Information Ronan Kelly on Twitter
Ronan Kelly on Twitter

(Marking, thanks.)

—-

So is there a hotline for help with pets, when people need it, especially the elderly...

What pet resources do we have in place NOW?

There should be a Covid 19 Pet hotline. Anyone who is sick, has to quarantine, etc etc can call and get resources, guidance, on shelters, people fostering, any kind of help...

Last edited:
We're facing hundreds of thousands of lives derailed due to this new virus.
Most definitely, including ours.
As we own a small Bistro, aka "Gathering space"
We are on the frontlines. Along with millions. Of others.
My question is WHY?
I've been warned here on websleuths about my anger towards countries that disrespect animals.
For me, I'll never stop crying for dogs who are thrown alive on somebody's idea of a great barbecue.
Or, even more impressive to your buddies, a rare, nearly extinct animal.
In my opinion, these barbaric actions have brought continents to their knees.
It's wrong, it's cruel.
We'll see how the stock markets do tomorrow.
My advise.
Don't frick with Mother Nature.
Assholes.
Thank you for your voice on animal rights. We won't stop the fight against the brutality and horrible things done to animals worldwide.

Status
569 confirmed
22 deaths
109 new cases as of this minute

COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Update in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

What’s up with Texas? Noting to go back to San Antonio...how’s Houston doing? Any cases in Dallas.

Note for reference purposes, there has been so much posted in the early threads, which I think is going to be valuable reference going forward..of course, right now I’m in real time and had to skip a million posts but do know the data exists.

• It is to be noted that CV to my knowledge can be definitely traced back to early Dec, we are are 3.5 months out.
Dec. 1st is the date I’m issuing... @dixiegirl1035?

Noticeable outbreaks started in Wuhan on X date...

Guys what are the earliest reports from Dr. WL? What are the dates in those.

There was an in depth YT video I posted and mentioned that had a lot about the “chats”....

Some answers could lie in things we have posted to date as far as looking ahead.

Thankfully we have preparedness, certain containment measures but judging from some reactions so far, it IS going to be hard to control the US public as we anticipated moo.

So “quarantine”, “containment”, these recommended and required measures aren’t going to work.

So...

After weeks of listening to Doc T and Dr. Mike talk about “Containment vs. Mitigation”...I recall Doc T using the word “balance”...

“Containment & Mitigation”. This has been a few chapters in WHO conferences.

Please excuse typos / correcting

—-

Musing:
Maybe Mexico should build wall against us and I’m not even kidding.

Last edited:
I got some good opinions earlier, but I appreciate knowing the “official” advice in your area. Thanks!

ETA: 50 people is less than most churches or college classrooms, etc. Talk about “social distancing”!
Indeed. My church has canceled services, but my kids’ school district has so far not done so. It is a crapshoot as to who is following the govt advice.

Thank you for your voice on animal rights. We won't stop the fight against the brutality and horrible things done to animals worldwide.

@KALI

Let’s talk about solutions for pets going forward in our own country bc stuff is about to hit the fan. If there’s one thing Dr. Nancy and Dr. Mike have stressed, it’s going forward and not assigning blame (we are right there with you with the disgusting illegal live wet markets )

There are going to be countless elderly that live alone with cats and dogs

@gregjrichards , what was the cat rescue group in Wuhan you posted? They would be a good example of what we could be facing. If not in a full scale level, perhaps like “states and provinces”...for example it’s been Wuhan, Guangdong “state wise”...

As stated earlier; shelters are overloaded, etc. as it is.

Last edited:
Yeah, not buying safety at arms length moo. Doc T said 6 feet.

There’s also Canadian officials who talked about distances in airplanes during the “rescue missions” ow my head.

Yeah arms length, one sneeze and....

Guys, remember how contagious this is. This is highly highly highly contagious, several quotes from Dr. Fauci and many others on that. Not even a question.

(ETA: @gitana1 garlic buddy)
I was thinking about that yesterday as I unwillingly mingled amongst the masses near the San Francisco airport.... gosh, an “arm’s length” is just not that long! It barely meets my criteria of acceptable personal space as it is- coronavirus or not. I was realizing people absolutely breathe on you within an arm’s length. Kind of arbitrary and misguided coronavirus advice if you ask me.

MOO.

BBM:
Indeed. My church has canceled services, but my kids’ school district has so far not done so. It is a crapshoot as to who is following the govt advice.

H! I expected “advice following” would be bad, but early indications are showing this could be worse than I initially imagined, which is bad bc I was quoting Towering Inferno...

See this makes me so mad bc as Dr. T says the window is narrowing. We have this time to at least try to help reduce the spread and some people are wasting this opportunity. Making it worse.

Additionally from the above link:

“In a letter to parents, VDOH officials said the father and daughter didn't learn of the diagnosis until after they were already at the dance. They left the dance immediately after.”
This is disgusting. An embarrassment that these people are US citizens so self-absorbed that they would risk people’s lives for a dance. Ridiculous. They KNEW they had close contact with their older daughter who just came back to the US from
Italy and was sick enough to go to the hospital the day before this dance. They were told to self quarantine. If someone dies due to their selfishness, they’ve got blood on their hands.

I suspect they won’t care.

We will never contain this like China. It won’t happen.

This is disgusting. An embarrassment that these people are US citizens so self-absorbed that they would risk people’s lives for a dance. Ridiculous. They KNEW they had close contact with their older daughter who just came back to the US from
Italy and was sick enough to go to the hospital the day before this dance. They were told to self quarantine. If someone dies due to their selfishness, they’ve got blood on their hands.

I suspect they won’t care.

We will never contain this like China. It won’t happen.

Yeah see my post above.

This is JUST THE BEGINNING.

Containment can’t happen when we have idiots running around.

Will we see the military, National Guard coming in in hazmat suits to help enforce measures?

I bet they’re doing those drills as we speak moo. LE too. Moo.

—-
Seattle protests just flashed before my head. Remember that? That was wild...

Will we see the military, National Guard coming in in hazmat suits to help enforce measures?

I bet they’re doing those drills as we speak moo. LE too. Moo.

—-
Seattle riots just flashed before my head. Remember that? That was wild...
I sincerely doubt it. The sad reality is the virus itself isn’t deadly enough to young, healthy people. If this was more along the lines of Ebola, sure. But it’s not. So the number of deaths we would see due to the complete and utter chaos that would result from trying to shut down large numbers of people in the US would likely exceed the number of people who will die of the virus if we just ride it out, doing our best to contain and mitigate. I’m sure someone (or lots of someone’s) are doing the math on it now.

If we have people who won’t even miss a father daughter dance to help protect others from being infected when they KNEW they were very much at risk of being infected, it’s honestly a lost cause to think any type of forced quarantine is going to work. People just don’t care.

Blessings to you Herat.
My German Shepherd is sitting next to me right now.
He lived in a backyard in a cage for the first year of his life.
Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread or topic.
* Every single night, 12 years on, he slurps me with a huge kiss.
Every single night.
True Love and bond.

L9

Yeah I see no problem at all with everyone closing their borders right now. J mean EVERYONE.
I agree quickly with that, then I worry about transportation of medical PPE and medicine etc. Add in the percentage of hands on jobs, retail, service, and all the other jobs that are impossible to telecommute and the loss of income, missed rent/mortgage payment etc. eventually leading to the collapse of our economy, which would impact world wide. Idk what the answer is. On the other hand, a silver lining could be to bring back manufacturing to the USA with the new USMCA deal and other trade talks, though it will be very painful.
RSBM :
We're facing hundreds of thousands of lives derailed due to this new virus.

We are on the frontlines. Along with millions. Of others.

We'll see how the stock markets do tomorrow.

We are on unchartered waters. Ready? Set? Go!

Last edited:
I was thinking about that yesterday as I unwillingly mingled amongst the masses near the San Francisco airport.... gosh, an “arm’s length” is just not that long! It barely meets my criteria of acceptable personal space as it is- coronavirus or not. I was realizing people absolutely breathe on you within an arm’s length. Kind of arbitrary and misguided coronavirus advice if you ask me.

MOO.

And whose arms are they talking about anyway? Mine are really short. :D I think I’ll aim for the six feet plan, but conversations are difficult for me at that distance, even with hearing aids. I guess I’ll stay home or just let the germs fall where they may and hope for the best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member