Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Was not expecting that. Tainted jury? Thus must be so hard for the family :(

No I don't think Jury issues. They have clearly been arguing/debating something since last Thursday,half day in Chambers and again yesterday - and this is the outcome. I don't believe it would take that much time to debate and come to a decision if it were Jury misconduct.

Baffling. That they would move for a retrial based on the evidence already presented. Perhaps they're hoping to have more evidence by then!

I can see what the motion for a retrial, with all the errors and delays or must be difficult for the jury to truly be able to focus on the case. But what I don't get is why they think they have enough to convict him still, to the point they prefer a retrial over an added charge and sentencing. They must still believe this is a winnable case.

I don't think the prosecution had even officially closed its case when this happened. I'm wondering if they pulled the plug before the defence could get it thrown out. Just mulling over possibilities.

eta last tweet last week:

1:00pm

David McLachlan QC said the prosecution have nearly completed their case.

The court has been adjourned until 2pm, but it is believed no evidence will be heard this afternoon.

Found Deceased - UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #3

Last edited:
I think the massive glaring hole in their case was not providing evidence that it couldn't have been someone else coming and going from a different entrance/exit.

I don't know if they still have the cctv to go back and do it for next time.

Wonder if they are hoping for phone evidence... It can take a while to gather this...
But why go ahead if its not in...

I can't see how they will be able to gather a new jury as well, everyone knows about the trial, and if they don't it won't take long to read up on it and "pretend" you know nothing....

I think the massive glaring hole in their case was not providing evidence that it couldn't have been someone else coming and going from a different entrance/exit.

I don't know if they still have the cctv to go back and do it for next time.

They aren't all covered by cameras.

DS Bowler is then asked if there are CCTV cameras at every entrance to The Coppice.

DS Bowler said: "No we don't have CCTV at every entrance to The Coppice."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member