GUILTY NC - Sara Ellis, 29, murdered by co-worker, Haywood County, Canton, 24 Jul 2018 *Arrest*

Bumping up for Sara.... :(

Man charged with assaulting, killing Pisgah Inn co-worker to take plea agreement

ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) — An Asheville man charged with killing and sexually assaulting a co-worker at the Pisgah Inn has reached a plea agreement.

We don't know what the agreement is, but do know Pendergraft has a court date next week.
[.....]
A plea hearing for Pendergraft has been scheduled for next Wednesday, 8/21 in federal court in Asheville.

Wednesday, August 21st:
*Plea Hearing (@ am ET) - NC – Sara Ellis (29) (July 24, 2018, Canton) – *Derek Shawn Pendergraft (21) arrested (7/26/18) & charged (7/26/18) & indicted (Federal charges) (12/5/18) with 1st degree murder & 2 counts of aggravated sexual abuse. Held without bail. DA might seek DP.
12/5/18 Update: A federal grand jury has returned a criminal bill of indictment raising charges against man accused of killing a coworker at Pisgah Inn over the summer. Pendergraft now faces federal charges of one count of first-degree murder & two counts of aggravated sexual abuse. Was initially charged with one count of second-degree murder, a lesser charge than he now faces. Preliminary hearing set for 12/7.
12/7/19 Update: Plea agreement has been reached. Next Plea hearing on 8/21.

Monday, August 26th:
*Plea Hearing (@ am ET) - NC – Sara Ellis (29) (July 24, 2018, Canton) – *Derek Shawn Pendergraft (21) arrested (7/26/18) & charged (7/26/18) & indicted (Federal charges) (12/5/18) with 1st degree murder & 2 counts of aggravated sexual abuse. Held without bail. DA might seek DP.
12/5/18 Update: A federal grand jury has returned a criminal bill of indictment raising charges against man accused of killing a coworker at Pisgah Inn over the summer. Pendergraft now faces federal charges of one count of first-degree murder & two counts of aggravated sexual abuse. Was initially charged with one count of second-degree murder, a lesser charge than he now faces. Preliminary hearing set for 12/7.
12/7/19 Update: Plea agreement has been reached. Next Plea hearing on 8/21. 8/21/19: Plea hearing moved to 8/26.

Ah - good catch! So Federal charges.... that means we won't know until we see an article... darn!
Thank you for checking for me though! Much appreciated. :)

(I think you know more about how all this court stuff works all the way in Latvia than some of us Americans do, myself included! :) )

Wondering if he has been sentenced yet?

@imstilla.grandma - find any updates on his sentencing? TIA! :)

And hoping you are feeling a TON better!
animated-smileys-hug-002.gif

@imstilla.grandma - find any updates on his sentencing? TIA! :)

And hoping you are feeling a TON better!
animated-smileys-hug-002.gif
I can’t find anything later than the last update except repeats stating a date hasn’t been set yet. And thank you. I am starting to slow down some. I think I pushed recovery a bit. Now we have flu and cold season coming around. So...I think I’ll stay in bed for awhile and take it easy. You be sure and take good care of yourself too. Smile. ❤️

83x83px-LL-5e1c3da5_thankyou.gif
for checking this out for me!

And yes, taking care of myself! :)

Finally!!

Pendergraft sentenced to multiple life terms in prison for Pisgah Inn murder

Published 3:43 PM EST Feb 27, 2020

ASHEVILLE - Derek Shawn Pendergraft said little in court.

Dressed in a brown jumpsuit from Buncombe County jail, he entered the room with his ankles shackled. He declined to speak on his own behalf when U.S. District Judge Martin Reidinger offered him the chance to do so.

The 22-year-old was sentenced Feb. 27 in federal court in Asheville to three life terms in prison without the possibility of parole.

He pleaded guilty in August 2019 to the first-degree murder of his co-worker at Pisgah Inn, Sara Ellis, on July 24, 2018, along with two counts of aggravated sexual abuse resulting in death.

Finally!!

Pendergraft sentenced to multiple life terms in prison for Pisgah Inn murder

Published 3:43 PM EST Feb 27, 2020

ASHEVILLE - Derek Shawn Pendergraft said little in court.

Dressed in a brown jumpsuit from Buncombe County jail, he entered the room with his ankles shackled. He declined to speak on his own behalf when U.S. District Judge Martin Reidinger offered him the chance to do so.

The 22-year-old was sentenced Feb. 27 in federal court in Asheville to three life terms in prison without the possibility of parole.

He pleaded guilty in August 2019 to the first-degree murder of his co-worker at Pisgah Inn, Sara Ellis, on July 24, 2018, along with two counts of aggravated sexual abuse resulting in death.
Thanks for the update!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back