Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. There has been some speculation about whether LS will be sedated today. Is that allowed? Can she claim she didn't make informed decisions if she is medicated? Is it like how you can't get the good pre-op drugs until you've been consented by the surgeon?
Jails have doctors. The doctors and psychiatrists, they can prescribe any meds for the inmate.

Letecia “Tecia” Stauch told CrimeOnline she never had her phone with her on January 27, the last known day Gannon was seen. She admitted left her phone at home but claimed her Apple watch would have picked up her locations.

‘I left my phone at home’: Gannon Stauch stepmom admits she took boy on hour-long trip the day he vanished, WITHOUT her phone

So...an hour long trip? Is this just a mistake in the headline? I read the article and nothing is said about the timeline, but we all know they were gone (she was gone) for closer four hours.....

My Response to several pages.GANNON is my hero! MOO the first thing Letecia did, was hide Gannon somewhere. This would be somewhere near home, possibly on one of the dog walks/path. Petco was a decoy, and she expected to toss any evidence, near Petco. So she COULD say she went to Petco , then got lost.Did not expect gps to be as precise..MOO, she expected Gannon to be found, not the evidence of her involvement. She knew gps would track her but did not really expect them to find evidence...she may also have left Apple watch there...I think she is very upset that evidence has been found, and her ruse did not work. Triggers her. The entire 4 hour trip, was Gannon caught on camera? He would have been top priority to be hidden. In her mind, Gannon should have been found already, ( not chasing her)and she thinks she has made it look like an accident/runaway... remove the noise, her 4 hr trip was wild goose chase... dog coats gave her a reason for shopping at Petco...Lorson Ranch, Nearby construction debris dumpster, too obvious, but somewhere close. she really has put this behind her, and will probably not get agitated, when they do get close to GANNON... Petco is not as important, less emotional defenses there. Gannon’s location will be hidden in her mind...MOO It is pure luck, he has not been found, not her cleverness.
Oops, she didn’t want evidence any where near Gannon, and she needed excuse for being that far away. She planned on being the loving stepmom and had her story ready about Gannon walking dogs, and all the other fun stuff (GoG )they did. IMO, she was beginning to plan how to get Gannon out of her life, job offer withdrawal put it in motion, before she was ready...MOO

GANNON is my hero!
Ultimate goal was to have AS and her fantasy family...Splitting, she thought she had gotten LH out of px, Gannon kept bringing his mom back in, split 2 off at once, she may have been plotting(fantasizing)how to do this, when job offer was rescinded...once someone has been split, neutralized, or beaten, Letecia moves on, I hesitate to say there was anything Gannon did to make her snap, he is the victim, not her!

I have read two different reports where one says Tee offer was rescinded before he went missing and another saying it was after. Anyone knows which is it ?

After
Academy D-20 rescinded job offer to Letecia Stauch after stepson went missing

Before
Stepmom arrested in Gannon Stauch disappearance was fired from teaching job days before boy went missing

I am still conflicted on whether she planned to kill Gannon from the getgo or she hurt him too badly and decided to kill him or he died on his way.

I haven't seen any talk from her speaking negatively about Gannon in terms of his personality like he was a bad kid etc.

It's also hard to know if this was a onetime snap or she had been abusing him for a while. So far no indication of that.

Her hate for LH has to be because she ended up taking care of her kids. Her husband is away and she is is stuck with two young ones, while her own daughter is independent.

LS tells us herself that Gannon did not come home with her that Monday:

If you thought for a second they thought that I just didn't bring him home do you think that they would not be following me everywhere I went to see where I took him?

They're gonna do everything they can to search every area that I was in for a week.

She's caught herself in her own web of lies.

IOW - paraphrasing here-

"If I didn't bring him home they'd be searching all the places I took him that day!"

followed by

" They keep searching everywhere I've been. "

Or how about this...
"They know I had nothing to do with this!"
followed by
" They're acting like they think I had something to do with this! "

:rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:o_O:confused:

I know very little about sedation but I believe she might be getting a strong medication of some kind. They will want her to be easier to handle without outbursts. When relaxed just enough she will be fully aware of what is going on. Her brain might even connect her thoughts better since everything will be slowed. Urges to burst out may be controlled and her brain may give in a bit to thoughts of what she has done is connecting - "people know what I have done", a realization. It would be harder to face up to ones wrong doing if a persons mind is busy racing and tossing thoughts of lies, rage, justification so forth, like a sort of high being fed to her brain constantly. Her brain might relax enough to actually give them some needed information, not sure how soon that will happen. My opinions

Jails have doctors. The doctors and psychiatrists, they can prescribe any meds for the inmate.

I get that. But I'm talking about heavier sedatives that might prevent outbursts. Is that allowed? Or does that open the courts to liability that she wasn't in her right mind? Or chemically coerced?

Last edited:
Question. There has been some speculation about whether LS will be sedated today. Is that allowed? Can she claim she didn't make informed decisions if she is medicated? Is it like how you can't get the good pre-op drugs until you've been consented by the surgeon?

I can't answer for what is allowed or not allowed in US courts but I can address the Canadian Court System.

I have a friend who is an RN in a prison which is local to me. Not that local but in my general area.

The Med Staff have a list of inmates that have court appearances for that day. Upon the request of legal counsel, inmates may be prescribed meds to calm them etc.

I know in one particular case, the prison med staff did not give an inmate his prescribed meds (he was in withdrawl) and was an absolute basket case. His lawyer and the judge were furious that he did not get his prescribed meds and showed up in court an absolute mess. The lawyer for the defendant wanted his client calm and quiet so as to make a good impression on the jury. What he got was all out freak show.

So I can say that in certain circumstances inmates are prescribed meds to deal with anxiety etc. etc. What happens in US prisons I do not know.

Agreed. I am not dismissing the fact that the two visits are odd. I do find it odd and her behaviour makes me think it's something odd.

My only point really is that the dog coats, in themselves, may not mean anything. Two visits raises questions and what else she bought raises questions. I'd love to know what she bought other than dog coats.
I'd like to know the size of the dog coats compared to the size of their dogs.

Last edited:
I get that. But I'm talking about heavier sedatives that might prevent outbursts. Is that allowed? Or does that open the courts to liability that she wasn't in her right mind? Or chemically coerced?

I don't know. Maybe an attorney will weigh in. I do think there would be a big difference in trying to medicate her against her will prior to court and prescribing meds she and her lawyer think would help her cope. I also doubt she'd be given a honking dose more suitable for inpatient Psyc ward control of outbursts. JMO

I get that. But I'm talking about heavier sedatives that might prevent outbursts. Is that allowed? Or does that open the courts to liability that she wasn't in her right mind?
I see, you are speaking of medications against her will.
MOO I tried looking it up, found little to go on, but I would say no they can't be forced.
The arrested person is still innocent. In 1990 the Supreme court ruled prison inmates can be made to take medications, but how can that extend to a person who is still innocent in the eyes of the law?

She was much more subdued at her first advisement hearing. But still, she offered a lot of little pearls in just a few, relatively quiet minutes...facial expressions, mannerisms, bruises, suicide suit, etc. Who wants to place bets on what she is wearing this time?
I think she will be wearing a bullet proof vest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member