Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell - Media Links **NO DISCUSSION**

Investigating death of AJ Hadsell, police search for evidence on stepfather's Playstation

In recent months, Norfolk officers filed a search warrant seeking electronic evidence from an item they found during that 2015 search that could link the teen's stepfather to her death.
On March 11, 2015, police searched a hotel room at the America's Best Value Inn where Wesley Hadsell was staying because his wife had become upset about his cocaine use. Officers took "a number" of items from the room, including a Sony PlayStation Vita gaming system that AJ Hadsell's mother identified as belonging exclusively to Wesley Hadsell, court documents state.
Recently, police took out a search warrant for the gaming system. They seized electronic records looking for evidence — like pictures, videos and emails — that might link Wesley Hadsell to his stepdaughter's disappearance, according to court documents.

Stepfather charged in AJ Hadsell's murder pleads not guilty
The man charged with the killing of his stepdaughter has pleaded not guilty.

Wesley Hadsell entered the plea Tuesday morning in a Southampton County courtroom, and requested a trial by jury. A motions hearing has been set for May 21.

Suboxone found on Wesley Hadsell in jail, court documents state
Earlier this month, Wesley Hadsell was charged with distributing a schedule III drug and being a prisoner in possession of a schedule III drug after he allegedly gave one of his fellow inmates a piece of a suboxone strip, court documents state.

Judge grants defense money to hire private investigator in Wesley Hadsell murder trial
Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
Aug 15, 2019
SOUTHAMPTON COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) – A man accused of murdering his adopted stepdaughter appeared in a Southampton County courtroom for a pre-trial motions hearing Thursday afternoon.

During Thursday’s hearing, the judge granted the defense’s motion for money to hire a private investigator to help interview witnesses. The defense lawyer said they need help because the prosecution may call up to seven jailhouse witnesses, which will take them a lot of effort to vet.

The judge granted the defense $2,000 to pay for the private investigator.

Another motions hearing is scheduled for October 31.

"“The medical records of AJ Hadsell have been subpoenaed, and Dr. Northam was her treating physician,” the subpoena reads. “Coupled with the journal notes attached hereto as well as other evidence to be adduced at trial, it would be reasonable for the jury to assume that the deceased committed suicide, and thus negating the accusation of murder.”
Virginia man charged with murdering stepdaughter wants to subpoena Gov. Northam, her ex-doctor

Wow. How awful for her family that he is now essentially claiming she committed suicide. THAT is his new defense!?! Such an asshat. I hope he rots away in prison.

PREVIOUS: HADSELL MURDER TRIAL DAY 2: ATTORNEYS’ OPENING STATEMENTS, VICTIM’S MOTHER AND SISTER TESTIFY
In return, the defense was able to use evidence such as AJ’s calls, texts, and journal entries that otherwise wouldn’t be allowed in court. The defense took advantage of this in their opening statements.

Hadsell’s defense lawyer told 10 On Your Side his client changed his mind about the agreement after listening to his wife’s testimony.

Jennifer Hadsell, who’s also the victim’s mother, took the stand for the prosecution. She made a passing comment about Hadsell’s criminal history and he decided he didn’t want his criminal record brought up during the trial at all.

Getting rid of the agreement meant the commonwealth’s attorney would have to redact much of their evidence, which takes a lot of time. So, the prosecution requested a mistrial and the judge consented.

“There are a million things that you can prepare for in trial and this thing had a million moving parts,” Ellenson said. “A lot of things just sort of crystallize once you start the case and I think that’s what happened for him.”

Ellenson told 10 On Your Side he was in favor of continuing with the trial and the agreement, but at the end of the day it’s his client’s decision.

Has anyone heard about the retrial? I'm going to assume that it's got to do with the pandemic but I can't find any news or anything on the May 19th Trial. Does anyone know what's happening? I really hope there is justice for this sweet angel. I think of her often.

Has anyone heard about the retrial? I'm going to assume that it's got to do with the pandemic but I can't find any news or anything on the May 19th Trial. Does anyone know what's happening? I really hope there is justice for this sweet angel. I think of her often.
I was just wondering about that myself. I hadn’t heard of this case before today and I’ve spent hours reading everything. Hopefully we get some information soon about the retrial.

I wondered myself, so I went digging.

Southampton Circuit Court looking like next Thursday morning at 9:30, July 30th is a pre-trial on the docket http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/CaseDetail.do

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back