Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
OHIO....the whining in the comments....wow

At the close of school on Monday is when the school closure starts until April 3. All K-12 schools: Public, private, charter. #COVID19 #COVID19OhioReady

We have a responsibility to save lives. We could have waited to close schools, but based on advice from health experts, this is the time to do it. #COVID19 #COVID19OhioReady

Governor Mike DeWine on Twitter

Hello Fellow Sleuthers-

One of our adult children who works in the arts has been officially laid off of one job, and half-time on his other job due to the no events over 250 people rule here in Washington.

It's terrible how this disease is affecting people physically, financially, and emotionally.

Husband is preparing to start telecommuting for his job in Downtown Seattle beginning tomorrow.

One good thing, I will get to see more of my family...

Hi friends, I apologize upfront for asking a question without reading this thread. I just realized that there was a thread on the virus. I'm sure you have discussed this many times already.

My DH and I have a planned trip the end of March to NYC. We live in the West in a state with no cases so far. We are in our mid 60s, both with medication controlled high BP. My DH has asthma .
Our tickets are refundable.
I have gone back and forth every day, we are going. We better not. Of course we're going.

Here's the kicker: All our children and only grandchild live in NYC. See
my dilemma?

I'm not worried about getting it. I'm worried about getting it and giving it to someone else.
Our adult children have been very careful to not indicate to us if they think we should come or not.

Later today I have an appt. for a 6 month checkup after DVT and PE . I know that sounds bad but of course I have been on blood thinner and am feeling good. I am anxious to see what my Dr. says about traveling.
What say you?

Follow the advice of your local Public Health Services. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that it's even a question.

Hi friends, I apologize upfront for asking a question without reading this thread. I just realized that there was a thread on the virus. I'm sure you have discussed this many times already.

My DH and I have a planned trip the end of March to NYC. We live in the West in a state with no cases so far. We are in our mid 60s, both with medication controlled high BP. My DH has asthma .
I have gone back and forth every day, we are going. We better not. Of course we're going.

my dilemma?

I'm not worried about getting it. I'm worried about getting it and giving it to someone else.
Our adult children have been very careful to not indicate to us if they think we should come or not.

Later today I have an appt. for a 6 month checkup after DVT and PE . I know that sounds bad but of course I have been on blood thinner and am feeling good. I am anxious to see what my Dr. says about traveling.
What say you?
I hesitate to tell others how to live their plans, but since you asked..I would not go this month...consider your health, your need to travel (fly?), and the option to reschedule. .My kids and spouses all live around and work in Manhattan. They are working from home, Broadway just shut down for 4-6 weeks, a state of emergency was just declared there. Doesn't sound like a good time for a trip, though I do get the need to see your kids and grandchild. I feel that too. JMO

Good for him. Life Lesson. Hope others take heed. Not gonna hold my breath! MOO

Rudy Gobert apologizes for endangering people with “careless” behavior before he knew he had coronavirus. “I hope my story serves as a warning and causes everyone to take this seriously.”

Tim MacMahon on Twitter

What did he do?

And it's official daughter's university sent her an email that their classes will now be online and hubby (he works in IT)has been up to his elbows at work getting things ready for people to start working from home. Things are starting to get real.

my dilemma?

What say you?

Do NOT travel with asthma or high blood pressure. Controlled or not. Those are two of the very highest risk groups. Please don’t go. Your ability to survive this is much less than others.

My doctor advised me not to travel in planes at the moment. I have asthma. I have had to cancel a non refundable vacation.

My opinion would be different if you were young and super healthy.

my dilemma?

What say you?
Last night I was Googling controlled HBP and Coronavirus. What I found did not make me feel good. It was a simple search didnt have to dig at all. From what I recall the reason this virus hits people w HBP is really due to the meds themselves. I have HBP well controlled but this alarmed me. And I'm pretty ticked off no "reports" go into detail about pre existing conditions. So from what I've read HBP meds have some kind of antagonizing reaction w the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain