Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
rbbm
Toronto’s St. Patrick’s Day parade cancelled
"Toronto’s annual St. Patrick’s Day parade planned for this Sunday has been cancelled over COVID-19 fears.

Shaun Ruddy, chair of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade Society, said in a statement Thursday that the decision was made over concern for the well-being of participants, volunteers and the public.''

''The organizers had issued a statement only the day before to confirm the parade was going ahead as planned, but the COVID-19 situation in Ontario is evolving quickly and many gatherings are being cancelled.''

Coronavirus: Three Leicester City players isolated with 'coronavirus symptoms'

Three players at Premier League club Leicester City have shown symptoms of coronavirus and have been isolated, the team's manager has said.

Brendan Rodgers said: "We've had a few players that have shown symptoms and signs (of coronavirus). We've followed procedures and (as a precaution) they have been kept away from the squad," Rodgers said.

"We've self-isolated the three of them and we'll see how that develops in the next couple of days

From an ICU RN in a SC hospital (very reliable friend) A patient was admitted with pneumonia,atypical - neg for flu to the ICU. The patient was confused answering whether or not she had traveled along the east coast. The attending nurse requested the patient be tested for COVID-19 and the patient was put into isolation room. The testing was denied because the patient did not meet testing criteria and per hospital protocol the patient was removed from the isolation room ! OMG !!! No wonder SC has only tested 87 people, they seem to consider being tested as winning a prize for having traveled internationally or having direct contact with a confirmed case !

My son had a hand sanitizer hanging on his backpack and he leaned up against it at school and the bottle squeezed down his back...the good news is that "It was pretty much empty, Mom, because I've been using it a lot like you asked me to." And then his teacher gave him and extra bottle that he had on his desk. Good kid and very generous teacher...that stuff is liquid gold right now!

The governor said he does not have the authority to order the cancellation of all mass gatherings, but said if events aren’t canceled, organized screening methods should be put in place.
Ours mentioned something similar earlier. I think he was talking about churches. A lot of people are angry we have so many churches closed. Gov’ mentioned singing. I was thinking some people spit when they talk, I imagine that is worse when they sing?

My husband asked me to pick up a small pocket sized bottle of sanitizer for him today. I just laughed. I haven't seen any in the stores for at least the last week. Thankfully I remembered I had a small bottle that he could take. He'll be smelling like berries, but what can I say.
Rubbing alcohol +aloe vera. Ratio is posted all over the web. Tried getting some about 3 weeks ago....

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) -- Mayo Clinic announced that it has developed a test to detect the virus that causes COVID-19.

According to a news release from Mayo Clinic, the test is called the "Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2, Molecular Detection." Data from the test is reportedly going to be sent to the Food and Drug Administration "for review and emergency use authorization."

Mayo Clinic develops test to detect COVID-19 infection

rbbm
Toronto’s St. Patrick’s Day parade cancelled
"Toronto’s annual St. Patrick’s Day parade planned for this Sunday has been cancelled over COVID-19 fears.

Shaun Ruddy, chair of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade Society, said in a statement Thursday that the decision was made over concern for the well-being of participants, volunteers and the public.''

''The organizers had issued a statement only the day before to confirm the parade was going ahead as planned, but the COVID-19 situation in Ontario is evolving quickly and many gatherings are being cancelled.''
The green text is a nice touch. :)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-child-care-quarantine-covid-19-1.5494970

''A child in Calgary has tested positive for COVID-19, Suncor confirmed to CBC News on Thursday, sending staff at a daycare in the company's downtown headquarters into self-quarantine.

The news comes on the same day that Ontario said a baby in that province tested positive, marking the first two known cases affecting children.

The manager of the Pump-Kin Patch Child Care Centre confirmed to CBC News that she and her staff are in self-isolation.

Suncor spokesperson Erin Rees said the daycare was closed as soon as the case was confirmed.

The child was last in the daycare on March 6. ''

oh no
now we have to worry about kids too!

From an ICU RN in a SC hospital (very reliable friend) A patient was admitted with pneumonia,atypical - neg for flu to the ICU. The patient was confused answering whether or not she had traveled along the east coast. The attending nurse requested the patient be tested for COVID-19 and the patient was put into isolation room. The testing was denied because the patient did not meet testing criteria and per hospital protocol the patient was removed from the isolation room ! OMG !!! No wonder SC has only tested 87 people, they seem to consider being tested as winning a prize for having traveled internationally or having direct contact with a confirmed case !
@escape2sc
read this! Ridiculous!
HMH reveals time-line for COVID-19 patient | CynthianaDemocrat.com

Thanks, I’ve posted it several times. I think it to be a very good reminder, it is our immune system, not the virus, causing illness/death. Probably why 80+% require no medical intervention. Moo

eta: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) – everything you need to know, in language you can understand
Sorry, I forgot to link in original post
So 80+%, unless quarantined, are asymptomatic and feel healthy enough to go about their normal daily life infecting other people. That's what is different from influenza virus. When young and healthy get flu, at least they are in bed at home, not in contact with the public. I really really hate this Covid-19 virus so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck