Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a big fan, and work at a horse-related attraction in Lexington. I think the "first Saturday in May" is also going to fall victim to the virus. If not, my pick is Tiz the Law! JMO
I dunno if he'll make it in due to points, but I have a soft spot for Wrecking Crew :) Nice to see a fellow racer here.

I’m in the UK and around Christmas time there was an awful flu going around. I spent 2 weeks in bed, Christmas was awful. It was all the exact symptoms of Coronavirus, I was given antibiotics for suspected chest infection but they didn’t work, it took me at least 4 weeks to fully recover and the cough lasted even longer. I felt almost as bad then as I did with sepsis 4 years ago, infact that’s why I went to my doctor worried that I had it again due to my high temp and cough, extreme fatigue and weakness. He said it was viral but as a precaution gave me antibiotics as I was so concerned about contracting sepsis again. After taking the full course of medication I felt no better and the symptoms were still there. A lot of people over here had the same illness at the same time. It does make you think.

I said the same thing earlier. Last year I caught a “mild cold”. The urgent care was so packed with people coughing that they were trucking in doctors to come in even though it wasn’t their shift and they were sending people to all departments - every department had to take urgent care cases.

I had no fever. Just a dry hacking cough and maybe sneezed once or twice at the beginning. But I felt fatigued. I was short of breath. I could not shake it. That’s when they tested me for flu. No flu. I got a chest x-ray. No pneumonia. They put me on steroids.

The effects lasted about six weeks due to my asthma.

Have we heard anything from representative Matt Gaetz in the last couple of days? I know he tested negative but does that mean he’s out of the woods? The incubation period can be up To 27 days iirc.

I mentioned I work at a major university in Ontario Canada. I bus home and today I had my Frappuccino and now I’m side eyeing it wondering what germs floated into my straw. I really want to drink it. Lol. Had to lighten things up! But I’m paranoid

Don't be paranoid, try to enjoy your Frappuccino. You cannot change whatever is going on, nor can any of us.

Stress is a huge killer, try to enjoy the sunshine/rain or snow you're having and distract yourself with tv, movies or music.

'They' want people stressed out, not sure who or why but don't fall for it.

I mentioned I work at a major university in Ontario Canada. I bus home and today I had my Frappuccino and now I’m side eyeing it wondering what germs floated into my straw. I really want to drink it. Lol. Had to lighten things up! But I’m paranoid
I was hoping ANYTHING Starbucks related was immune , otherwise I need a 12 step program to quit quick!

I'm a senior citizen and this is so scary. I doubt I'll ever recover from these losses. The economic toll this is taking, as well as of course the death toll and sickness is just overwhelming.
Everything went down today despite Fed intervention. Stocks, Bonds, Gold, Silver, 401K balances all went down ....Hopefully we will recover by end of this year. Be patient!

Wondering if anyone has heard about treating it w something they treat Malaria with? Report came out of China that this substance showed promise. All I can remember it is related to quinine?

Artemisinin ,which was a derivative of sweet wormwood is not related to quinine but was found to have anti-malarial properties.

I don't believe any clinical trials have validated it's use in viral diseases.

Wondering if anyone has heard about treating it w something they treat Malaria with? Report came out of China that this substance showed promise. All I can remember it is related to quinine?

Hydroxychloroquine. I've been on it for years for my lupus.

I just googled the Hydroxychloroquine and COVID-19 and came across some articles discussing this but none of them appear to be MSM, though I could be wrong. They're easy to find. JMO

Disneyland will be shut down for just the fourth time in its 65 years due to fears about the spread of coronavirus.

The California theme park said it would close its doors from Saturday until the end of March at least but the situation would continue to be monitored.

Hotels will stay open on Monday to give guests the chance to pack up and leave. The closure includes both Disneyland Park and the adjoining but separate Disneyland California Adventure.
Disneyland shuts down over virus fears

Who put the dominos in place?? Seriously, I have no idea what is REALLY happening. This is totally unprecedented in world history. Yes, we've had plagues but the world did not shut down.

Well unfortunately our CDC pandemic response team was gutted since 2016 and so our ability to be prepared for something like this was minimized. That may be why we didn’t have enough test kits.

I said the same thing earlier. Last year I caught a “mild cold”. The urgent care was so packed with people coughing that they were trucking in doctors to come in even though it wasn’t their shift and they were sending people to all departments - every department had to take urgent care cases.

I had no fever. Just a dry hacking cough and maybe sneezed once or twice at the beginning. But I felt fatigued. I was short of breath. I could not shake it. That’s when they tested me for flu. No flu. I got a chest x-ray. No pneumonia. They put me on steroids.

The effects lasted about six weeks due to my asthma.
Now I'm starting to think....hmmmmm....

I was exposed to something the Sunday after Christmas--I assumed the flu. I became sick on New Year's Eve day. Also my 20th wedding anniversary so that was a major bummer. Anyway, it went straight to my chest. Major major phlegm (sorry I know that's gross), bad cough, had to "sleep" -- I say it like that because there was very little sleep--sitting upright on the couch for like 12 nights. Yes yes, I should have gone to the doctor but I didn't. Couldn't breathe...chest was very heavy. The WORST part was that for two days I got the flu in both eyes. Bright red. Dripping with a liquid thicker than tears and also like snot (sorry again). Throat so freaking sore it was like 20 on a scale of 1-10. Swallowing was like going through hell. I actually spit in a cup sometimes. I've never been so miserable. I still have a mild sore throat and my left ear closes up and reopens.

Phew. Ok so that was gross and long. But, makes me wonder???..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam