CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

Harvey Weinstein's Los Angeles trial: What happens next?
In fact, on Wednesday following his New York sentence, Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey announced she had begun the process of extraditing Weinstein to California to face the sexual assault charges that were filed there in January. He has not yet been arraigned.

I believe that California should just leave HW in New York. In California, HW will definitely be getting the special star treatment.

What is the point of the extradition? He already has a basic death sentence. This is a just about headlines. The victims in California can be assured that HW won't get free.

I believe that California should just leave HW in New York. In California, HW will definitely be getting the special star treatment.

What is the point of the extradition? He already has a basic death sentence. This is a just about headlines. The victims in California can be assured that HW won't get free.
I agree. I would like to see him stay in NY and not go anywhere else.

But, the victims have a right to seek justice. Perhaps they will say they are satisfied with him behind bars and drop the case? idk

jmo

You are forgetting about the appeal which Rotunno said was going forward post sentencing. He had appeal lawyers consulting with him during his trial.
Better to cast 2 nets.
Or even 3 ( UK)

MOO

You are forgetting about the appeal which Rotunno said was going forward post sentencing. He had appeal lawyers consulting with him during his trial.
Better to cast 2 nets.
Or even 3 ( UK)

MOO

California can always get him if the appeal process goes to HW. But, the appeal process in NY is so backlogged, HW ain't gonna go nowhere for a long time.

More insight about the jury:
Harvey Weinstein jury foreman says he's 'fine' with 23-year prison sentence - CNN
Updated 4:32 AM ET, Fri March 13, 2020
[...]
The jury was deadlocked 9-3 after four days of deliberating, Cody told CNN.
The three holdouts going into Friday were two women and one man, according to the foreman. Just one woman held out going into the weekend and eventually changed her mind, but not because the other jurors pressured her, Cody said.
[...]
"Looking at him, I think he knew what he did ... but I think at the time he probably figured, 'I'm going to get off because of who I am,'" Cody said.
"Even when the witnesses were talking, he was, like, in and out, not paying attention to what they were saying. ... I don't know if he was just blocking it out because he remembered what happened," Cody said.
The jury wanted to hear from more defense witnesses, the foreman told CNN.
And the ones they did call didn't help the defense's case, he said. Weinstein's longtime friend Paul Feldsher especially didn't go over well with the jury, Cody said.
"To us, he made it worse. That's how we really decided on the verdict, kind of more on his testimony," Cody said.
[...]
Jurors also wanted to hear Weinstein defend his innocence, according to Cody.
[...]
Juror 11 was "helpful" to the jury, explaining to them how she'd put herself in the position of the alleged victims and understood why they might return to their alleged attacker, according to Cody
[...]

Presently...Here in CA , per governor, because of virus my lawyer friend said courts are dark if over 250 people attending.
So he won’t be in an LA court room anytime soon.

MOO

Presently...Here in CA , per governor, because of virus my lawyer friend said courts are dark if over 250 people attending.
So he won’t be in an LA court room anytime soon.

MOO
Good point. Plus, travel for already-convicted prisoners will likely be a very low priority at the moment, during COVID19. He will be in NY custody for awhile, imo.

Bummer for him.

jmo

Last edited:
Visitation suspended at New York prisons amid coronavirus fears
Lawyer visits remain permitted, but attorneys will not be allowed to have any physical contact with the prisoner, the spokesman said.

Harvey Weinstein is back at Rikers Island after another hospital stay
Meanwhile, in-person visits will be suspended starting Wednesday in an attempt to reduce exposure to the virus inside all city jails, said New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio.
Weinstein is expected to be transferred to the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision later this week.
Weinstein will first go to a reception center to be evaluated, but eventually state prison officials will decide in which prison he will serve his sentence, depending on his medical needs.

Last edited:
Harvey Weinstein Moved to New York State Prison

Weinstein is headed to the Downstate Correctional Facility in Fishkill, N.Y., about 60 miles north of New York City, according to his spokesman.
It is not clear if he will remain at Fishkill or be transferred to another prison within the next few weeks.

The state prison system has suspended inmate visitation, except for “non contact” attorney visits, due to the coronavirus pandemic. Inmates are being given one free phone call per week and two free emails to make up for the elimination of visits.

Harvey Weinstein Moved to New York State Prison

Weinstein is headed to the Downstate Correctional Facility in Fishkill, N.Y., about 60 miles north of New York City, according to his spokesman.
It is not clear if he will remain at Fishkill or be transferred to another prison within the next few weeks.

The state prison system has suspended inmate visitation, except for “non contact” attorney visits, due to the coronavirus pandemic. Inmates are being given one free phone call per week and two free emails to make up for the elimination of visits.
I found this on Wikipedia about Fishkill Prison:

"Fishkill also houses the Regional Medical Unit for Southern New York's prisons."

That might be why he is at that particular prison, idk.

jmo

Wende Correctional Facility - Wikipedia
(Mark David Chapman who murdered John Lennon is there...)

Wende houses three distinct inmate populations
General confinement, maximum-security inmates.
Reception center for western New York inmates.
Special Needs Unit (SNU) inmates, a population comprised of individuals who have various developmental and other learning disabilities.
One of Wende’s claims to fame is that it inaugurated the Department’s in-cell television program, a program which since has been expanded to seven other maximum-security facilities: Attica, Great Meadow, Clinton Main, Elmira, Five Points and the cadre units at Southport and Upstate.

~ I’m sorry but they should NOT have TVs.
Read about what you did wrong to get in there.
Stare at a wall and think about it. SMH.

MOO

Last edited:
Wende Correctional Facility - Wikipedia
(Mark David Chapman who murdered John Lennon is there...)

Wende houses three distinct inmate populations
General confinement, maximum-security inmates.
Reception center for western New York inmates.
Special Needs Unit (SNU) inmates, a population comprised of individuals who have various developmental and other learning disabilities.
One of Wende’s claims to fame is that it inaugurated the Department’s in-cell television program, a program which since has been expanded to seven other maximum-security facilities: Attica, Great Meadow, Clinton Main, Elmira, Five Points and the cadre units at Southport and Upstate.

~ I’m sorry but they should NOT have TVs.
Read about what you did wrong to get in there.
Stare at a wall and think about it. SMH.

MOO
What does "in-cell television program" mean? I don't think it means they have tv sets in their individual cells.

jmo

What does "in-cell television program" mean? I don't think it means they have tv sets in their individual cells.

jmo

Yes, probably inbedded into the cells. They get cable.

We may hate it. But it lulls the criminals, and makes them easier to manage if they are doped up with their fix of constant tv.

Fine, let HW spend the rest of his days, laying on his prison bed, eating his prison commissary food, watching "Gunsmoke" reruns. The fact that he is locked up is good enough.

Yes, probably inbedded into the cells. They get cable.

We may hate it. But it lulls the criminals, and makes them easier to manage if they are doped up with their fix of constant tv.

Fine, let HW spend the rest of his days, laying on his prison bed, eating his prison commissary food, watching "Gunsmoke" reruns. The fact that he is locked up is good enough.

I honestly don't mind if they can watch tv. Otherwise, they would likely fight more, etc. As long as he is behind bars serving the sentence, I don't really care beyond that.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back