Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the governor of Texas, AT&T is waiving internet data usage for people that don't have unlimited access-- WOW. I'm so very impressed. This will greatly help people and students that will work and school from home.

AT&T waives data cap during coronavirus; Comcast keeps charging overage fees

Editing to say, I don't think it's for satellite users, only broadband...but still that's great for people.

Last edited:
No you can’t be quiet. You have to speak up. People who are downplaying what is happening are going to be directly responsible for the deaths of their friends and family. The arrogance is just overwhelming, it makes me so angry!

Thank you!!! I'm writing, calling every state and congressional representative daily. I am applying as much pressure as possible.

Please, make a phone call, send and email today!!! Please, we must stand up for our rights as citizens! We have paid our taxes, elected our officials and now we must force them to make those much needed and dislike decisions.

IOO

Last edited:
I don't blame him for wanting to flee a congested city but he should NOT boarded that plane.

Nope and exactly etc. Vile things I could spout and call this person, but does nothing to explain or justify getting a call from doc literally as your boarding and still you both got on. Special places for them and I've got 0 compassion for fools.

All 9f you, heed advice and stay home where your "world" is safe. Wash your hands. Be vigilant, be patient, this will be contained but by continuing to leave our homes isnt helping. Stay home and let the air clear so to speak, its 9nly temporary and nothing should be more important than protecting your and your family's health. Let these docs/scientists get ahead of it, please.
Lucky's out ....(locked in)

1/Containment and isolation CAN work. South Korea was successful. Italy was not.
The red arrow marks where the USA is right now (hopefully, we may actually be further along due to a lack of testing). Not difference in Y-Axis
@thehowie Joe Cavallo on Twitter

2/Everyone's personal choices and decisions right now determine which graph we will follow. Every prevention is important, every mistake is compounded.
8 days from now we can be adding 3,000 patients a day to our hospital systems (Italy) or <500 (South Korea).

Joe Cavallo on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_133053.png
    IMG_20200313_133053.png
    36 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200313_133111.png
    IMG_20200313_133111.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 19
Just tried to barter veterinarian services for tp, my equine vet is low and is having to ration it momentarily (she’s a friend so she knows I was joking). Offered to help if she really needs it. My husband’s trip next week is postponed until the following week but I’m not sure it will happen. My driving trip is on still but I’m driving alone, will use PPE when I’m in public, gloves and sunglasses. Use gloves and glasses in the lab.

Finally.....SPAIN

BREAKING: Catalonia orders lockdown of Igualada and several other municipalities in northeast Spain due to coronavirus
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

After midnight, no one will be able to leave Igualada, Santa Margarida de Montbui, Òdena and Vilanova del Camí. More than 65,000 people live in this area.

BNO Newsroom on Twitter

This may be a little too late, or a lot too late but for anybody inclined to go to a mall Bath and Body sells hand bac. They also take orders online. Every fall I pick up a dozen at least and tuck them in with Xmas gifts and then I have some for DH and myself. It might be worth checking.

I went by my local Kroger supermarket at 2 AM this morning to avoid the crowds. There were no crowds and less than a dozen shoppers. There were a lot of store employees busy trying to restock the shelfs.

There were no masks or hand sanitizer, but still lots of liquid hand soap. There was not one roll of toilet paper and just a few rolls of paper towels. Probably a third of the canned food had been sold. They were almost out of pasta and completely out of ramen noodles.

Oddly enough the cold and flu remedies were almost untouched. There was plenty of fresh bread. Milk was low and I bought the last gallon of Kroger brand chocolate milk. It's very good by the way.

Ha! Were you here on threads about 3-4 weeks ago where I did a run to Kroger at 11:30 at night. I had soooooo much stuff. What I didn't realize was that after 11 pm, it's ONLY self check out. I found the manager and said "that's not happening, I need a clerk. He found one and pulled a stock guy off the floor (remember, this was when only us at WS were shopping lol, before the media and others noted)... anywhooo, my bill was $434! Can you inagine if I had to self scan all that. Oh, and note to all that shop off hours, YOU CAN't buy wine or beer at that time. That was my downfall! I had to go back as to laws in my city said no booze - I was 10 minutes off.

I'm making a point of calling older relatives more frequently. I spoke to my grandma last night and she's already going stir crazy being stuck inside. :(

Edit: something she specifically mentioned is that she misses going to church and her bible study group. I'm not religious but I imagine churches and other types of faith communities could do a lot of good reaching out to their congregants and setting up something like a phone tree.
I am worried about my gran as she has dementia and can't retain info therefore she is clueless about coronavirus :( . And I'm worried about infecting her :(

I have a general question. Should one self-isolate with any fever, or only a fever above a certain temperature?
We should all isolate, fever or not. Jmo are we safe if we are out? I think not.
I just made three drive thru errands, 2 banks & the booze store. Looks like a lot of kids didn’t go to school today and they are now out and about. Closing schools might backfire, imo. Children do carry the disease, per reports. For the next few weeks they will be all over town. Jmo

I have a general question. Should one self-isolate with any fever, or only a fever above a certain temperature?
100.4 and above is the recommended cut-off. However, IMO (non-medical professional), I'd say it depends on what your "normal" temp is to begin with, so maybe lower than that.

Remember, a fever is a symptom of an underlying condition, not an illness unto itself.

WASHINGTON

The @WANationalGuard is prepared to help respond to #COVID19 - when needed. At this time, we stand ready to assist, but have not been activated.
For more information, please make sure to follow our colleagues at @waEMD.

what does one do when a good friend is absolutely not stocking a damn thing because he 'lives in the now' 'one day at a time'...I do not have the resources to throw into providing for him...it is so very frustrating to see people you live just being in some sort of denial...
I'm not in denial but I haven't stocked up.

Well I guess Amazon will have to carry the US economy through this crisis. They are completely sold out of hand sanitizer.

It’s actually a disaster and the government needs to step in to somehow let amazon know it should allow these products to be sold. Amazon banned all sales of hand sanitizer and masks when the first states declared a state of emergency because third-party sellers were raising prices and it can be considered price gouging under state laws. The problem is Amazon uses automated repricers so ONE person raises their price on an item and many other seller’s pricing algorithms will raise to meet the new price if its within a certain range. Amazon decided to just ban all sales of these products since it couldn’t control the prices.

88D31ED3-8D3D-4264-8C16-9CE78D73D89B.jpeg

Amazon says working with state AGs to nab sellers engaged in price-gouging over coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member