Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another post I think is sarcastic, yet I personally think it is a GREAT idea to partner with them as these companies are WELL known to be positioned in strategic locations to ALL of the US - not only urban, but rural locations and they are set up to organize such. IIRC, those major players reach 98% of the population with 5 miles. THAT is needed MOO.

Kudos as something that I think was an aha moment, at least to me, as how to do the drive throughs. MOO MOO MOO They have the bucks to organize in their outer lots, e.g. like Home Depot does all the time for doing recycling in my community.

My hats off to it.
Thank you. I’ve been popping in here for few minutes here and there, and each time have been surprised at some of the sarcasm, complaints and negative rhetoric. I don’t see how businesses working together for the good of our citizens can be justly criticized . Whatever anyone can offer and contribute during this challenging time is a good thing, perhaps a bit of gratitude is in order. Jmo

Orange County, CA Register newspaper:

Orange County superintendent recommends closure of all public schools due to coronavirus risk – Orange County Register

Superintendent recommends closing 615 preK-12 schools serving 485,500 students

Marines test positive for coronavirus at Camp Pendleton, Miramar as bases change how they operate – Orange County Register

Marines at Camp Pendleton-1 and Miramar-1 test positive for coronavirus (both bases are in San Diego County, but Pendleton shares border with Orange County and Marines & families live in both counties). The 2 Marines recently were in WA state on leave.

I worked night shift last night at a local nursing home/skilled rehab facility. I spent a good amount of time screening employees and 2 contracted employees (from pharmacy and lab) for coronavirus. It was really strange to be asking questions and taking the temperatures of people as a screening tool when there are no test kits. I was told not to notify anyone unless a person's temperature was 100.4 or higher. Several people had temp's in the 99.3-99.4 range. Even if I was a doctor, with double the years of education plus, I would not know which one of these people might have corona virus vs. sinusitis vs. a routine cold. It really felt useless. And I still had to complete my regular work load. A surreal experience.

OK, I AM YELLING AGAIN AND I AM GETTING ANGRY.

IF YOU FEEL THIS IS A HOAX - IF YOU FEEL THIS IS ALL "FAKE NEWS" THEN DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD. STAY OFF THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TAKING THE VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND WANT TO POST ABOUT FACTS AND ABOUT SOLUTIONS. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION BUT YOUR OPINION WILL CAUSE THIS THREAD DO GO UP IN FLAMES AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN COME HERE AND GET FACTS. WE NEED TO TAKE THIS VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND THAT IS WHY THIS THREAD IS ON WEBSLEUTHS. PLEASE GO TO ANOTHER DISCUSSION IN THE MISSING OR IN COLD CASES AND DO SOME GOOD.

Not yelling now. We should not get hysterical about the virus but we need to discuss this virus seriously. A big difference between the two. In the same vein, we should not shrug our shoulders and say it's no big deal and it is a media hysteria.

While I respect you have the right to your opinion I have the right to ask you to leave this thread so we can discuss the virus without disruption.

Rarely do I pull this statement out but here it comes; I am the owner and the final decisions on what can be discussed and rules are all on me. I want to be as inclusive as possible but in a real National Emergency declared by the president, I have a responsibility to make sure we discuss the facts and we discuss virus in a logical and factual way.

Thank you.
Tricia.
PS. I am not getting hysterical about the virus I am getting angry at the thought of how fast this thread could literally shut the whole forum down, Our wonderful mods do not need the stress.
Way to Go, Tricia. Thanks for your continuing support. As you know....some people: We can explain it to them but we sure as heck can't understand it for them.

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II is postponing engagements in response to the coronavirus pandemic, Buckingham Palace said in a statement Friday.

The 93-year-old monarch's diary is being rearranged "as a sensible precaution and for practical reasons in the current circumstances," the statement said.

Her planned visits to Cheshire, in the northwest of England, and Camden in north London are being rescheduled, the palace added, but the Queen's audiences with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will continue as normal.
Queen Elizabeth postpones engagements amid coronavirus pandemic

I personally think that he is the POTUS and extra security measures should be taken. I kind of suspect they are and just not telling us because they don’t want to frighten people.
Also, I believe several people who have been exposed to the some of the same people he was exposed to have self isolated under doctors orders. Somebody please tell me if I’m mistaken about this?
Eta: is that political? I don’t really mean in a political way I just mean the president should be protected. So nervous about being political.

2nd eta: look what happened in Iran. Several political leaders tested positive.
Bottom line.
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
No win situation in today's climate.
MOO.

How difficult would it be for states to turn the empty public schools or college dormitories into a temporary hospital or quarantine area ?

Some universities already have these pandemic emergency plans developed with their local health departments. I worked at a university that worked on a plan like this during H1N1. But it is contingent, of course, on the students not being in residence at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288