Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I don't think RD will ever have to worry about becoming a suspect. He did what any concerned neighbor and father would do. I doubt he considers himself a hero. Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
My point is the original point I made. That I doubt that the prosecution would ever call this neighbor as a witness, except for him to say yes it was his video. Because there are so many contradictions in all his media interviews. A very good example of why witnesses should stick to interacting with LE and not go public while a boy is missing, possibly murdered. It looks like they've got a long list of witnesses to bolster the prosecution, and we haven't heard any of them going to the press for multiple interviews or discussing evidence in the press.

Anyway, that's all I've got to say, no need to repeat it again.

Well, yes "we" have - just not in sources that we can discuss here.

SM is as real, to a court or to an attorney, as MSM or what we write here on WS. It's all discoverable.

Witnesses should do what they, themselves, believe to be right. No one should make ethical decisions based on hypothetical legal situations. We'd all be struck dumb and might as well be zombies.

There are tons of cases where witnesses spoke to many others before speaking to LE. And often, there are (good) reasons for that.

OK, I know you said no more on the subject, and I’m not trying to change your mind, I respect your opinion.
But I have to respond to your point about the bombshells. Many cases, probably most cases, don’t have bombshells that come up in trial. I don’t think a bombshell is required for conviction.

Besides, the “paper towel bombshell” in the Frazee case, was just the cherry on top of the icing that was already on the LWOP cake. Bizarre as hell when it came out, but definitely not necessary for his conviction.

And I believe this will be true when this case goes to trial. When the evidence is overwhelming, no bombshells necessary!

That being said, I do agree with you though, that evidence should not be released if LE doesn’t want it released. I’m not positive that is RD’s fault though. But I am positive he doesn’t want to hurt the investigation, or getting justice for Gannon.
Not only that but we have NO idea what LE has. They may have a massive “bombshell” and don’t consider this one video clip to be it. *shrugs*

JMOO I'm a person with no reason to put all my faith and trust in LE or DA's (tho I do appreciate all the good things done by Colorado Springs agencies recently). Perhaps if I were in RD's position I might be inclined to contact the media regarding the evidence I had just given to LE particularly if they asked me not to (Sorry, everyone), and especially in my own small county with few funds (except when the sheriff wants to buy a tank) or resources. I think, given the situation, that I would want everyone to know how this neighbor, LS, had lied, and that she was still living amongst us, and the LE had my evidence. Again just me and MOO. Also, imo think the media coverage doesn't damage this case>
Exactly

Well, yes "we" have - just not in sources that we can discuss here.

SM is as real, to a court or to an attorney, as MSM or what we write here on WS. It's all discoverable.

Witnesses should do what they, themselves, believe to be right. No one should make ethical decisions based on hypothetical legal situations. We'd all be struck dumb and might as well be zombies.

There are tons of cases where witnesses spoke to many others before speaking to LE. And often, there are (good) reasons for that.

BBM Wise Words; thanks for these! Jmoo

I don't think RD will ever have to worry about becoming a suspect. He did what any concerned neighbor and father would do. I doubt he considers himself a hero. Imo

He's not a suspect or anything close and my post was to show a progression from what was hailed as a good deed into something that had a completely different motive. IMO RD's intentions are honorable. I can find no reason to question his character or statements. JMO

Re: the missing dog—do you think she killed it too and disposed of both of them together?

Sorry if this has already been discussed...
If this were the case, further charges would be pending (Animal Cruelty-not my idea-credit to fellow Sleuth). I believe this to be true, Sadie has been accounted for at this time.

Honestly I am fairly certain evidence will show that LE wanted that brief clip out to rattle LS. If RD did it on his own I believe more film would be available. LE knows how to play media games to assist investigators

Yes, and I think they were aware, early on, that rattling her cage (while firmly declaring this was NOT foul play, NOT a criminal investigation) was going to make her fuses start to smoke, while she gave information - not just to MSM or on audio (of which I bet there's quite a bit more), but also to numerous FB groups, via various messaging platforms to various family members, total strangers, reporters, and, likely, almost anyone who would listen. Each time LE rattled her cage, she went public in some form and gave them more, all of which is still fueling this investigation.

I agree more would have been available had RD just turned over "what he had" to media. I think it was fairly well coordinated with media, LE and RD.

First, she gives the Cousin It interview (before she knows about the video). then the video drops, and she releases stuff via FB that we can't mention but which really aided the investigation; then there's intensive coverage of items removed from the house (obviously the FB thing she did came back to bite her) and she responds with her written "statement," and so on.

It's like watching some serial killer who taunts LE via media, but in the 21st century, with SM, and of course, we hope no serial killing, but something equally horrible. And SM allowed this person to taunt Gannon's family mercilessly.

The RD video but a brake her on roll pretty quick.

I don’t really think that his story has changed, and I see nothing other than a stand up neighbor who’s trying to help. I don’t interpret anything he’s said to be conflicting. If anything, I believe the various news reporters pick and choose what quotes to use, and possibly get things misinterpreted or downright wrong, just like we see in most cases.
I totally agree!!!!

bbm
Yes, why did she mention that ?
TS is her own worst enemy.
Maybe she mentioned the gate and key because he was trying to escape and run for help. If he went to the gate several times, and she kept running after him, yelling, and pulling him back in the house, some of the neighbors might have heard or seen. Just another one of her lies to cover something awful she did.

Re: the missing dog—do you think she killed it too and disposed of both of them together?

Sorry if this has already been discussed...
No, animal cruelty charges would have been filed. The dog is accounted for-IMO (credit goes to fellow sleuth “animal cruelty charges”...would be included in charges). IMO

My understanding from RD speaking to Dave Mack from Crime Online. RD at the very beginning offered LS his footage. He is taking her word. Trusting her. I am not sure if he actually watched it at this point. IF he did he is looking at the timeframe provided by LS (3:15 - 3:30 Monday).

Starting around 29:00

“I went over to his house and I was like hey I have a camera that I can see if anyone came by and picked him up, do you wanna watch it? and first thing SHE said was NO, he went the other way, he didn’t come towards the HOUSE…so I didn’t think anything of it…..

Saturday, Feb. 1, the FBI goes door to door, his curiosity is piqued when they take footage from the days before Gannon is missing.

“So that Saturday the FBI and cops were going around asking people if they could watch our cameras, coming around asking people for video. He looked at mine and he went back to SATURDAY. My wife and I went to the movies, but when I came back, I was like hmmm why did he go back to SATURDAY.

So when I got back home I went through hundreds and hundreds of videos.

I watched the video at least 20 to 30 times to make sure. That is when I went to his house and showed him (AL).

They took 60-70 videos that I recorded. They have all of it. Day and night. My video records 24hrs."

Thank GOD for Roderick. All the quotes attributed to RD are confusing. The above helped me understand the timing better. IF FBI was just going around Saturday to secure the videos, RD is a hero. He watched the video likely before the FBI even had time to do so, as they just took it from him that Saturday morning? Add in the infamous IT interview and RD now has many reasons to study all of his footage and he has lots of it.

I do think TS would CERTAINLY say no thanks to an offer of viewing any video regarding Gannon nor would she give help to any of her helpful, let’s find Gannon ASAP neighbors. But I do theorize she would lead everybody in the wrong direction. Any theory that took the spotlight off finding him was her aim, don’t you think? Example, false sighting of G at the *advertiser censored* store. She was all for putting that out there as fact even though it was disproved by LH and later LE.

TS...HINDER, HINDER, HINDER.

Also (my opinion) video neighbor WAS trying to find Gannon and bottom line...good work and good intentions. The facts will come into view at trial, so until then it is what it is.
IMO

Edited to say I agree with you dtpeke
Appreciate your thoughts there.

Last edited:
I do think TS would CERTAINLY say no thanks to an offer of viewing any video regarding Gannon nor would she give help to any of her helpful, let’s find Gannon ASAP neighbors. But I do theorize she would lead lead everybody in the wrong direction. Any theory that took the spotlight off finding him was her aim, don’t you think? Example, false sighting of G at the *advertiser censored* store. She was all for putting that out there as fact even though it was disproved by LH and later LE.

TS...HINDER, HINDER, HINDER.

Also (my opinion) video neighbor WAS trying to find Gannon and bottom line...good work and good intentions. The facts will come into view at trial, so until then it is what it is.
IMO
I wonder about the validity of witnesses that claim to have seen Gannon at the K&G for starters. Since Tee put great emphasis on that false sighting. Thankfully Landen verified it was not him. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975