The reason why this will never be solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuffgong

Former Member
Reaction score
Clear as day. There is not one clue in this case. Not one. You can speculate on green vans, broken globes, answering machine recordings that got erased, killers that checked gas lines, brothers that reenacted civil war battles, psychics that were told where the bodies were buried in a dream, waitresses that served them that morning, killers that maybe got their haiur cut by one of them, grave-robbing ex-boyfriends charged with a crime, etc.. But there is literally not one piece of evidence to work, not one. Couple that with no motives, forget it. It will not be solved. There is no mystery DNA to send to CODIS, or a latent print that just needs a match. No witness that heard screams. Nothing.

Clear as day. There is not one clue in this case. Not one. You can speculate on green vans, broken globes, answering machine recordings that got erased, killers that checked gas lines, brothers that reenacted civil war battles, psychics that were told where the bodies were buried in a dream, waitresses that served them that morning, killers that maybe got their haiur cut by one of them, grave-robbing ex-boyfriends charged with a crime, etc.. But there is literally not one piece of evidence to work, not one. Couple that with no motives, forget it. It will not be solved. There is no mystery DNA to send to CODIS, or a latent print that just needs a match. No witness that heard screams. Nothing.

But someone out there knows everything - all it takes is for one person to tap into a conscience and come forward and do the right thing.

Unless that person played a role in it. Then self=preservation takes over.

IMO if someone knows about this in any way or did something and it hasn't bothered them enough to come forward by now then they have no conscience. (Except for themselves and themselves only.) IMO this wasn't random. At all. And the one/ones that did it have been truly selfish from the beginning, with no regard for human life - and have probably killed since or at the very least displayed truly barbaric acts. There is no possible way someone can eliminate three women and get away with it and then lead an uneventful life after that.

IMO if someone knows about this in any way or did something and it hasn't bothered them enough to come forward by now then they have no conscience. (Except for themselves and themselves only.) IMO this wasn't random. At all. And the one/ones that did it have been truly selfish from the beginning, with no regard for human life - and have probably killed since or at the very least displayed truly barbaric acts. There is no possible way someone can eliminate three women and get away with it and then lead an uneventful life after that.

Agreed, there are sociopaths that walk among us and have no problem with doing anything for their own self-gratification. They are not wired to care and turning themselves in would stop them from further preying. I agree that the perps that did this are guilty of other similar crimes. And so many of the suspects brought up have done just that. I still feel the Garrison connection has something to it.

Agreed, there are sociopaths that walk among us and have no problem with doing anything for their own self-gratification. They are not wired to care and turning themselves in would stop them from further preying. I agree that the perps that did this are guilty of other similar crimes. And so many of the suspects brought up have done just that. I still feel the Garrison connection has something to it.

Yeah he seemed to fit that profile for sure....what an evil person.
My $ is on Dustin Recla. He seems to be the only one who had the motive to go into a house with three people to make sure something was done at that moment. Maybe he was worried she would leave and never return since they had just graduated and that was the best time to get rid of her? I don't know....but to me that is the only one that seems plausible. Plus that guy was into devil worship stuff and did sick things in cemetaries so it seemed he was messed up enough to do such a thing. Wonder where he is now? Would be interesting to know.
The sad reality is in a case like this all theories make sense. And unfortunately that is the sad world of which we live...that literally anyone could do this - someone they knew or someone they never saw before. But one thing we can all agree on is that it wasn't money related. Whomever went in didn't care about anything in their house but them.

Yeah he seemed to fit that profile for sure....what an evil person.
My $ is on Dustin Recla. He seems to be the only one who had the motive to go into a house with three people to make sure something was done at that moment. Maybe he was worried she would leave and never return since they had just graduated and that was the best time to get rid of her? I don't know....but to me that is the only one that seems plausible. Plus that guy was into devil worship stuff and did sick things in cemetaries so it seemed he was messed up enough to do such a thing. Wonder where he is now? Would be interesting to know.
The sad reality is in a case like this all theories make sense. And unfortunately that is the sad world of which we live...that literally anyone could do this - someone they knew or someone they never saw before. But one thing we can all agree on is that it wasn't money related. Whomever went in didn't care about anything in their house but them.

Recla was the obvious suspect and the police looked hard at him, probably harder than anyone else. Can't imagine them backing off him or trying to flip one of his buddies. I have considered Recla. My theory was maybe he was involved in bigger crimes with an organized element in the community. Maybe that element thought he might try to deal his way out by giving information on them, He was told to do this or suffer the consequences. Maybe he and his buds grab the women and take them to a gathering of people, perhaps bikers.

Hmm, nice perspective. I also agree @Curiositie . All that was cared about that night was the women. I constantly change my theory to they knew or didn't know their abductor. I wish so badly to see this case solved, but unless someone admits what they did I don't think it will. I also agree that they couldn't have a conscience.

Not only quite probably won't it get solved - in not much more time it won't even be discussed, as more and more of those somehow connected die, and then others, those alive at the time, who have maintained an interest down the decades, do likewise. You can already feel the exchange of information beginning to bottleneck as participants' patience wears thin when ideas are dismissed and negativity rules the day. 3MW is in severe need of renaissance - but what we're seeing is the gradual hastening of a once-slow demise.

Last edited:
@cherrymeg got a link in her sig about getting the SP3 on Cold Justice. I wonder how that's going. If we could get them, or someone, to take a fresh look at it, that would bestir interest and maybe push the cops into breathing some real life into their "ongoing investigation".

More than likely, though, anyone would probably wait for a significant anniversary to do a TV special. Like the 30th, in two years.

@cherrymeg got a link in her sig about getting the SP3 on Cold Justice. I wonder how that's going. If we could get them, or someone, to take a fresh look at it, that would bestir interest and maybe push the cops into breathing some real life into their "ongoing investigation".

More than likely, though, anyone would probably wait for a significant anniversary to do a TV special. Like the 30th, in two years.

I spoke with the original reporter, a while back, Richard Schlesinger ( 48 hours ) and he said there’s no new updates , so they aren’t doing anything.<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The crime scene was totally compromised by a number of people sweeping up the glass on the porch, walking in the house, sitting down, answering the phone, erasing messages, and so on. So the best shot at solving the crime was lost from the beginning. It's likely that somewhere in the volumes of stuff in the case file, there's a fact that could unlock the case, but it would take seriously skilled cold case workers with a lot of time to find it, if it's there. I love Cold Justice, but the cases they take are largely solvable--there are 2-3 suspects or the main issue is whether it's murder or suicide or accident. They aren't complex cases with a horrifically compromised crime scene and national-level publicity. But it would be nice to see them take it on, even just to move the ball forward.

Janelle was never looked at as a person of interest, or possibly even a suspect?

Her behavior seems off, to me. She did a lot of boundary overstepping, but not in a way that was helpful. Actually, it was the opposite of that. It was hurtful.

She swept up the broken glass on the steps.
Erased messages from the answering machine.
Answered their phone.
And, didn't really sound the alarm that they might be missing until 7pm? Because she thought that they might have gone to the waterpark without her? If she would have looked in Suzie's room she would have seen that their bathing suits were there. She could look through their purses and wallets for an address? But she couldn't check to see if their swimming gear was missing?

That's all really strange to me.

By the way, Hi!, I'm new here.

Yeah, there is *no* evidence, *no* motive, and *no* suspects. If this case had at least one of those elements then the investigation could at least go forward in *some* direction. There is *no* direction. Sadly the lack of anything just makes any suspect basically only a theory, much like how the DB Cooper case has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow