Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Don't discuss deleted posts or moderation on the thread. If a post is removed there is a valid reason for it.>

Anyone have any scientific data or sources for how real or dangerous this really is? I hate seeing my fellow neighbors so embraced in chaos over this and would love to see how real or dangerous it really is. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
FORBES

Covid-19: Life After The Pandemic
E pluribus unum. Out of many, one. A fitting motto for the melting pot that is the United States and a fitting view of the world, whose frailty, humanity and interdependence has been laid bare by an invisible virus. While ground zero for COVID-19 seems to have shifted from Asia to Europe and is now making its way to the U.S., whose level of national awareness has only recently kicked into gear with a presidential emergency declaration, it is not too soon to begin asking ourselves what life should look like after this moment of global and national solidarity.

[...]

Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures and it is not unlikely that domestic travel linkages will also be severed between national COVID-19 hot spots, such as New Rochelle in New York, which is already cordoned off by the National Guard who are containing a 1-mile radius. Counterproductive crowding at 13 U.S. airports where returning citizens and other travelers are being funneled into large crowds waiting for hours defeats the purpose of social distancing and only aggravates the perils of traveling during a global pandemic.

“20 min ago
Oklahoma declares state of emergency

From CNN's Shawn Nottingham

“Oklahoma declared a state of emergency Sunday, according to an order from Gov. Kevin Stitt.

The declaration comes as the state announced their eighth case of coronavirus. In Stitt’s order, he says Oklahoma’s state emergency operations plan is being activated.”

Coronavirus pandemic forces world to take drastic measures: Live updates - CNN
Nice that he finally decided to do that as well. Wishing he and his family the best as they may need it after enjoying a night out in a crowded restaurant Saturday night. Oklahoma governor, mayor face backlash after posting photos in crowded restaurants

I tried to post about the Coronavirus but mods deleted it. I'm not sure what that's all about. Anyone have any scientific data or sources for how real or dangerous this really is? I hate seeing my fellow neighbors so embraced in chaos over this and would love to see how real or dangerous it really is. Thank you.

CDC Works 24/7

WHO:
Coronavirus

It is getting very scary. What is the alternative to forced closures? People aren't heeding the warnings. The closures protect the workers as well as limit community spread.
But what about people who have to go to work (like myself) and counted on food being sold there to eat. This is going to be a nightmare for a lot of people.

I tried to post about the Coronavirus but mods deleted it. I'm not sure what that's all about. Anyone have any scientific data or sources for how real or dangerous this really is? I hate seeing my fellow neighbors so embraced in chaos over this and would love to see how real or dangerous it really is. Thank you.

The World Heath Organisation has the top epidemiologists in the world. That's a good place to start.

Coronavirus

This is starting to hit close to home for my family. My oldest daughter is in Colorado and is in the food service industry. This is her livelihood - and if restaurants close - how is she supposed to pay for her rent, bills, gas, food, her doggo? I'm really upset at forced closures of restaurants.....it's a huge industry and how are these people going to survive? This will greatly affect the U.S. economy.......what is next? Eventually this will affect all job sectors....I'm not a "sky-is-falling" person....but right now I'm feeling as if I'm living inside a Stephen King novel. ::gulp::

Restaurants aren’t the only ones taking a hit, believe me.

It already has affected various job sectors.

Its a hard hit for many people.

It sucks.

It’s going to be hard for everyone.

Certain measures are required to help control spread.

It’s either that or more people die.

And this goes on and on and on.

There is no choice here.

People will all know what I’m talking about in a few weeks, if not sooner.

Unfortunately.

I’ve watched it happen in China, S. Korea, Italy...

Some people are going to be too sick to complain here shortly.

Once we start looking more like Wuhan people will wake up.

It’s too bad it has to go down like that.

People educate yourself on this virus. It is highly highly highly contagious.

Restaurant workers. You are not the only ones.

“We must stand together in solidarity.”
-Dr. Tedros

Last edited:
I am in washington state and they have closed all schools for a while!!! (until April 24th) If people do not have child care and depend on school while they work...what are we truly supposed to do?

China, Russia and Iran are flooding the global information space with false claims about coronavirus, according to U.S. officials, who say one of the biggest lies — that the virus is a U.S. bioweapon and was brought to China by U.S. Army personnel — is just the latest in a “surge of propaganda” aimed at undermining America’s image on the world stage.

Coronavirus lies pushed by China to blame virus on U.S. bioweapon

Back at you China. You lie about only having 3100 deaths. MOO.

It is getting very scary. What is the alternative to forced closures? People aren't heeding the warnings. The closures protect the workers as well as limit community spread.
Good question. I think it has to be forced closures. If establishments remain open, that is an invitation to “come dine with us”, enticing persons suffering cabin fever to congregate, exactly what we are to avoid, imo. It can’t be both ways, mixed signals cause more confusion, I think.
honestly I think a lot of establishments will close on their own. I doubt they want the liability of a worker potentially infecting a patron & if a lot of would be patrons are off work they might be less willing to eat/drink out.
So many people appear to have zero concern about novel Corona, if they drive around finding theaters, bars & restaurants open their lack of concern is validated. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get