Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
@book-thinker , @UnapologeticallyAspie how are you feeling? @Medstudies where are you?
I have a common cold I think. I spoke with the local hospital’s COVID hotline & they said bc my temp isn’t over 101 & bc I’m having other symptoms that I need to stay in my house.
Whatever I have I gave it to my husband but bc he has a weaker immune system he feels worse than I do, especially last night. And with him he has had a lot of stomach issues & sneezing but I have not. I keep praying for a miracle and as each day that goes by, I feel a little better.

ETA: Thank you for asking <3

Last edited:
I wish someone would think up a really creative, heartwarming, safe, easy, cheap community service activity that towns and neighborhoods need during this crisis, that could become "the cool thing" for kids to do with their time and energy during the school outage.

Something like delivering groceries to the housebound/quarantined, but obviously it has to be safe for both the kids and the rest of the citizens too.

Maybe something online? Like help older folks set up netflix or streaming accounts or skype accounts or crossword puzzle apps or something. Or podcasts. Or or or.

Just something that kids could feel they are being useful in a crisis, especially if it's something they are better at doing than everyone else anyway.

Who's got ideas?

diarioelsolhn on Twitter
Translated from Spanish by Microsoft

It is confirmed in #Honduras 6 cases of #Covid19.
As of 11:59 pm, all borders in Honduras are closed by air and sea: MENSAJE DEL PRESIDENTE DE LA REPÚBLICA, JUAN ORLANDO HERNÁNDEZ EN CADENA NACIONAL DE RADIO Y TELEVISIÓN SOBRE NUEVAS MEDIDAS DE PREVENSIÓN ANTE LA PROPAGACIÓN DE COVID-19 El Sol De Honduras
ETManWHX0AMe7Ag.jpg

9:31 PM - 15 Mar 2020

I think it will be quite some time before we truly have answers. Until then, we all must cope. I guess the government will come out with some more “packages” in order to help people out of work.
Of course any such deals will take a considerable amount of time to work out, imo.
It is appalling to read comments left on news sites. So many people care none about our country. Moo
I bet 75% or more of our population will keep on with their normal routine, until Covid 19 is in their house. Then, they might “get” it, literally. Moo

VIU suspends classes as a COVID-19 precaution - Parksville Qualicum Beach News
Vancouver Island University students won’t be returning to classrooms tomorrow morning.

The university announced Sunday evening that it is “pausing all face-to-face classes” for the week of March 16-20 as it plans for the rest of the semester.

A statement from university president Deborah Saucier noted that the decision came following a recommendation from VIU’s academic continuity committee.

OHIO...he said he was considering it on face the nation today

We will be issuing an order closing all bars and restaurants in #Ohio beginning at 9:00 tonight.

Establishments can stay open for carry-out and delivery. What we can't have is people congregating and seated.
#COVID19
#COVID19OhioReady Governor Mike DeWine on Twitter

I'm aware that this will impact many, many good workers. I can't tell you how sorry I am, but we will work to mitigate the suffering. It is our goal for everyone to get through this. #COVID19 #COVID19OhioReady

Every day we delay, more people will die.
If we do not act and get some distance between people, our healthcare system in #Ohio will not hold up. The loss won't only be those impacted by #COVID19, but the danger is also to everyone else who needs hospital care for other issues.

Governor Mike DeWine on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

WHAT.

Please post Tom Brady links.

Remember, athletes have so many fans and the power to inspire the masses. If they are disrespecting their gifts re: to their social powers and ability to positively influence...

Please post a link re: TB before I GO OFF. Thanks, MJP.
It's frustrating , because to him it probably isn't such a worry. Having unlimited funds, good health, and no worries about how you can protect family that may depend on you, probably offers a different perspective. My perspective is so much different, as I have family members (including myself) whom are in a high risk group. I care for my 90 year old mother, and fear for her well-being. I know I am not alone with these concerns, and it seems selfish for someone with social popularity does this.

I wish someone would think up a really creative, heartwarming, safe, easy, cheap community service activity that towns and neighborhoods need during this crisis, that could become "the cool thing" for kids to do with their time and energy during the school outage.

Something like delivering groceries to the housebound/quarantined, but obviously it has to be safe for both the kids and the rest of the citizens too.

Maybe something online? Like help older folks set up netflix or streaming accounts or skype accounts or crossword puzzle apps or something. Or podcasts. Or or or.

Just something that kids could feel they are being useful in a crisis, especially if it's something they are better at doing than everyone else anyway.

Who's got ideas?
Mowing lawns, raking leaves, rolling garbage cans to the curb, returning garbage cans up to the house, pick up litter, go to a state park and help with trail clearing, etc. I’m a cancer patient and a few weeks ago, I needed a driver. Took me asking 6 people before someone who’s schedule could do it. There are orgs that are always looking for volunteers to deliver people to the doctors, meals to the shut ins, etc.

Did you have to give your name? We’re you asked where you went locally? Tysm
I think the data from calls is used to give local health departments a clue as to how many are inflicted. If one state gets 100 calls a day from one community, they know they have a prob. Sure, not all have it but many might. Moo
I have a common cold I think. I spoke with the local hospital’s COVID hotline & bc my temp isn’t over 101 & bc I’m having other symptoms I need to stay in my house.
Whatever I have I gave it to my husband but bc he has a weaker immune system he feels worse than I do, especially last night. And with him he has had a lot of stomach issues & sneezing but I have not. I keep praying for a miracle and as each day that goes by, I feel a little better.

ETA: Thank you for asking <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member