** COVID-19 POLL**: What do you think the status will be in six months (September 2020)?

What do you think the status of COVID-19 will be in six months (September, 2020)?

• Widespread COVID-19 in all 50 states

• Numerous fatalities in the United States due to COVID-19

• Limited cases of COVID-19 nationwide

• No fatalities in the United States due to COVID-19

• COVID-19 will not become a major health issue

• Other _________________________

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote both 1 and 2. I strongly believe we will have cases in all States, perhaps well before 6 months. I also think we will have numerous fatalies.

(PS: I hope it’s okay to comment specifically in this polls. If not, please delete, tia.)

I vote both 1 and 2. I strongly believe we will have cases in all States, perhaps well before 6 months. I also think we will have numerous fatalies.

(PS: I hope it’s okay to comment specifically in this polls. If not, please delete, tia.)

I’m with you, and looks like lots of sleuths agree. The poll shows 1 and 2 evenly split.

The definitions of "numerous" and "limited" are subjective of course, but I took it to mean "more than 20" and "fewer than 20" and chose "numerous."

I would also vote for both 1 and 2. I assume in the poll you can choose only one response.

I don't think this virus is as deadly as the common flu, but there's something odd going on with the stock markets, etc. I also think it's been here for quite a while but only in the last week did the CDC start testing people who didn't have a link to China, Iran, or other oversea countries. Once more testing is done, the death rate will drop substantially.

Covid-19 is very much like SARS. Similar origin. Both coronaviruses. Similar transmission patterns.

As an RN of 40+ years I personally would not alter my travel plans or change a single thing I am doing right now. (Cruise ships are just floating disease incubators to begin with and I would not go on a cruise if you paid me.)

the CDC has between 1st oct 2019 to 1st feb 2020 had 13000 deaths reported due to influenza and estimate the actual number could be has high as 30000 in the USA alone

corvid-19 has worldwide just over 106000 total cases with approximately 3600 deaths

each previous coronavirus outbreaks has been brought under control within 6 months
each outbreak, the one in 2002 and 2009 both had a similar media panic, dire warnings with predictions of huge numbers deaths, yet both were resolved fairly quickly and the majority of deaths occurred in the countries of origin

the CDC has between 1st oct 2019 to 1st feb 2020 had 13000 deaths reported due to influenza and estimate the actual number could be has high as 30000 in the USA alone

corvid-19 has worldwide just over 106000 total cases with approximately 3600 deaths

each previous coronavirus outbreaks has been brought under control within 6 months
each outbreak, the one in 2002 and 2009 both had a similar media panic, dire warnings with predictions of huge numbers deaths, yet both were resolved fairly quickly and the majority of deaths occurred in the countries of origin
The media loves a disaster, even if they have to pump it up for ratings.

I think people that would answer 3, 4, or 5 only end up on these threads by accident because they are not concerned. The poll mostly represents worried people (and a few who ended up here by accident) MOO

I think that in 6 months there will be a vaccine developed, through trials & approved in most countries. But hung up in bureaucracy non-approved in USA. Too pessimistic? I hope I’m right about vaccine & wrong about approval! Just my thoughts...
"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing…after they have exhausted all other possibilities." - Winston Churchill

I have wondered about approval of the vaccine too. Normally it takes years to get a new medication through the FDA rigorous approval steps to get the much needed FDA seal of approval.

How in this world has this vaccine been pushed through so quickly? Agree it is much needed, however, there have been or are other drugs in testing that are needed also that must follow the strict regimen.
It just doesn’t add up in my view.

I'd say there will be a significant number of deaths in the US, maybe 30,000 but I could be off by a factor of 10, so as little as 3,000 or as high as 300,000. Italy has now, march 16 already 1800 death,
and they have not even started "flattening the curve" and we are
still seeing the same exponential growth, doubling every few days. So by the time Italy has stabilized, it may have 18,000 deaths. USA is not in much better shape in terms of preparedness, and so
I would expect the number to be higher. Obviously, it depends on many factors, in particularly how quickly we are able to ramp up testing and the sustained commitment to social distancing.

I'd say there will be a significant number of deaths in the US, maybe 30,000 but I could be off by a factor of 10, so as little as 3,000 or as high as 300,000. Italy has now, march 16 already 1800 death,
and they have not even started "flattening the curve" and we are
still seeing the same exponential growth, doubling every few days. So by the time Italy has stabilized, it may have 18,000 deaths. USA is not in much better shape in terms of preparedness, and so
I would expect the number to be higher. Obviously, it depends on many factors, in particularly how quickly we are able to ramp up testing and the sustained commitment to social distancing.

Not sure if deaths in the USA per coronavirus can be compared to those in Italy. Italy has a population of 60.48 Million people.

The United States has a population of 327 Million people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021