Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Quarantine Questions:

What am I GRATEFUL for today?
Who am I CHECKING IN ON or CONNECTING WITH today?
What expectations of "normal" am I LETTING GO of today?
How am I GETTING OUTSIDE today?
How am I MOVING MY BODY today?
What BEAUTY am I either creating, cultivating, or inviting in today?

One of my dearest friends heads up a branch of the program called Family Promise in her city. (familypromise .org) This list of questions is her message today. I think it puts so much into perspective. I hope you appreciate it as much as I do.

Thank you, watching now.

Governor said he’s had calls about people complaining “their gym is closed...their restaurant is closed...their bar is closed.”

He said he’s had the highest number of calls about “the bar is closed”...:rolleyes:

"My bar is closed". We knew that was coming. Are the liquor stores still open? Then drink at home and quit complaining. Smh.

This is about facts. Not prophecies and science fiction movies. We have months and months of data.”
-Cuomo

THANK YOU CUOMO. Been trying to tell people this for weeks.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: We need to learn from all the countries that have come before us. As Doc T has said, China especially, has sacrificed for this. (Paraphrasing moo)

Things are dynamic based on infinite factors. But we have tons of data. Tons.

One of my dearest friends heads up a branch of the program called Family Promise in her city. (familypromise .org) This list of questions is her message today. I think it puts so much into perspective. I hope you appreciate it as much as I do.
I love this. Thank you.

THANK YOU! Very much appreciated. Stealing for my FB page.

And there should be a note indicating these numbers are reflective of those tested. What would the numbers look like if everyone who needed a test was able to be tested?
yes yes.
or IF states like FL. didn't have 880 pending tests. Tests done but waiting for results.
that would be 220 more positives based on the
1 in 4 average so far- positive.
The reported numbers are so inaccurate, IMO.

I made my last trip to the store yesterday. I walked in the door saying what I have, I have. If I've forgotten it, I didn't really need it. No more trips to the store for me. As prepared for the family as I can be.

Good for you. There is peace in this, that you have done the best you can and are prepared as you can be, whatever that means for you as far as budget, etc.

This is all we can do.

Get what you need people and STAY HOME.

Imo every time you go out there you risk transmission, to yourself or others.

Per
@NYGovCuomo
the peak of the Coronavirus patient curve is expected to hit in about 45 days. At that point, there will be 55,000-110,000 patients in need of hospital beds & 18,600-37,200 in need of ICU beds... The frightening part: NY only has 53,000 beds & 3,000 ICU beds

This freaking ROCKS.

Love this, thank you.

Per
@NYGovCuomo
the peak of the Coronavirus patient curve is expected to hit in about 45 days. At that point, there will be 55,000-110,000 patients in need of hospital beds & 18,600-37,200 in need of ICU beds... The frightening part: NY only has 53,000 beds & 3,000 ICU beds

I don’t understand why we weren’t building hospital beds/rooms etc back in January? Maybe they were, idk. We saw China had to build two hospitals in ten days and they did it.

Dr. Mike and Doc Tedros have made me a better person. I can hear them talking to me when I say certain things like I just said.

They would say (paraphrasing what they’ve already said several times on various issues) that we need to move forward. We can’t change the past.
This is not about blame.

We have today.

We learn from everything that happens.

Moo.

Coronavirus outbreak LIVE: UK 'may have up to 55,000 cases already'

Key points:

• Britons advised to avoid all non-essential foreign travel for 30 days due to coronavirus
  • UK may have up to 55,000 coronavirus cases already, says chief scientific adviser

• Chancellor to set out a new package of support for businesses hit by the outbreak
  • Euro 2020 postponed for a year due to virus outbreak
  • PM's call to stay away from pubs, clubs and theatres is met by criticism from industries
  • A second patient in Scotland has died, taking the number of UK deaths to 56

Who can I help!???

FLORIDA-
Inconsistency in adhering to CDC recommendations throughout the state.
Dept. of Health criticized for lack of transparency and too little information given.
New numbers and reports are released late at night or later. Inaccuracies in numbers of testing cases
and pending cases just keep growing. Statistically there are another 220 positive cases in the pipeline that just keeps growing.
160 reported cases may actually be 280 or more. Dept. of Health new case map introduced yesterday to improve transparency
is already offline, bogged down.
No adults in the room here. The party goes on.

Florida coronavirus cases grow to 160 with five deaths. State, residents struggle to keep up.

One inadvertent benefit of the pandemic is the revelations of how badly some governments and businesses are operating. Hubs was just talking about the large company he works for. He said they've spent millions on disaster preparedness for their IT, but are completely unprepared for helping employees work from home, running their customer service center, etc. Employees don't have the basic equipment they need to access their jobs from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa