Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy. This is one piece of news that I wish officials could have secretly kept it to themselves. Not good to be announcing this as the future vandals and other future petty criminals may think this is a free ticket to go on a vandalism spree.

Im praying for everyone at this point. We are all in this together and we need some divine intervention to help us all.

They sure are a lot of nice cars parked on the street right now that most owners won't be checking on for a few weeks....

I've been thinking a lot about how this will change the world. Yesterday I told a friend who is just starting to wrap her head around it that this will end up being as significant as the Great Depression. I think our society is going to change dramatically in the next couple years as we deal with the virus and the fallout from it.

Am I the voice of "Gloom and Doom"? This is going to be a disaster. I am looking at the worst case scenario, that would make the "Black Death", seem like a cocktail party.

I can easily see riots, and complete anarchy occurring in areas of the United States, if the supply chain breaks down. I believe that our government has been seriously downplaying the enormity of this situation, because there would be widespread panic. Even more than what is currently happening.

Thank you for serving in mental health!!

In VA most of our MH pts. have community based Mental Health Professionals. They visit in the home, keep them on track, make sure they take meds, go to Dr visits. Once MH agencies stop seeing this client base, we'll see increased inpatient.

So very true... Our local community mental health center just went to all telehealth for provider appts. I have to find out if they still see pts for med boxes etc. Are you working for the VA?

A European doctor figured out a way too make ONE ventilator work for 9 patients at once!

Quote Tweet

jTqrlkcw_normal.jpg

alan drummond

@alandrummond2
· 4h
So in ten minutes the evil genius who is one of our GP anaesthetists (with a PhD in diaphragmatic mechanics) increased our rural hospitals ventilator capacity from one to nine!!!

Interesting comments below (click on the photo)

That's a pipe dream. There are 300 million of us. And what, something like 30,000 test kits? And we only had 7000 kits until last week? The kits that came to California were missing pieces. Trump disbanded pandemic planning in 2018. The CDC has been on about this since early February (we now know the first cases of this virus hit the US in late January).

California is supposed to be building its own test kits, hopefully the states will step up

I sit here wondering if I have it or have had it. My daughter (a nurse) was very ill in late January (after travel). It's so hard to know - we aren't able to be tested. Meanwhile, it's interesting watching the teenagers in the neighborhood go be social and hang out.
About the bolded, to be fair, that is considered misinformation by some. Here is what factcheck.org says:

False Claim About CDC's Global Anti-Pandemic Work

False Claim About CDC’s Global Anti-Pandemic Work

As the COVID-19 disease caused by the new coronavirus has spread around the world, a number of politicians, news organizations and public figures have made the false claim that the Trump administration cut the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s anti-pandemic work in over 40 countries to just 10. The CDC told us that’s not true.

The middle of a global health emergency is not the time to be making tendentious accusations.
washingtonpost.com

I can easily see riots, and complete anarchy occurring in areas of the United States, if the supply chain breaks down. I believe that our government has been seriously downplaying the enormity of this situation
Am I the voice of "Gloom and Doom"? This is going to be a disaster. I am looking at the worst case scenario, that would make the "Black Death", seem like a cocktail party.

I can easily see riots, and complete anarchy occurring in areas of the United States, if the supply chain breaks down. I believe that our government has been seriously downplaying the enormity of this situation, because there would be widespread panic. Even more than what is currently happening.
I so agree, @mickey2942
Some of the measures taken in my area today made me shudder. All non-essential face to face biz’ must close after tomorrow. My stylist has a small salon, & at most there might 4-5 people in there at any time. But I guess hairdressing is a F2F, can’t get much closer. Moo

The FDA said there are no nationwide food shortages, though some stores may temporarily have low supplies of some items before restocking. FDA Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn said Americans should "only purchase enough food and essentials for the week ahead" Americans should "only purchase enough food and essentials for the week ahead," FDA says
Trouble with this is then people have to go out more. My 86 year old mom went today to shop for a week's (maybe more) worth of groceries. She wore gloves and carried bleach wipes. She should not be out at all. I want her to stock up.

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_211118.jpg
    IMG_20200317_211118.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 3
So very true... Our local community mental health center just went to all telehealth for provider appts. I have to find out if they still see pts for med boxes etc. Are you working for the VA?

No, working at making the world a better place ....I'm retired after 45 yrs healthcare administration. I've partnered/networked/ been in most every part of health in that time. Live in Virginia but have traveled the US for work, feel like I'm a part of most states. Had a wonderful a wonderful ride. Now I get to pick my battle/causes.

Trouble with this is then people have to go out more. My 86 year old mom went today to shop for a week's (maybe more) worth of groceries. She wore gloves and carried bleach wipes. She should not be out at all. I want her to stock up.
I think stocking up is best. Eliminate trips.
Schwan’s will be here tomorrow, I have a huge order, my driver will be pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member